Warmed Stone Massage ???

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Wayne Cattanach, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. I am not a therapist - but my wife and I are starting to enjoy Warmed Stone Massage together - we
    have the stones . .heater and all that but in looking to expand our knowledge in the area find
    several . .directions of use of this massage technique - just asking others what their favorite
    techniques are and if that information is available either in print or video - Thanks In Advance
     
    Tags:


  2. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Speaking strictly from a novice perspective here. I have received two different types of treatment
    with hot stones. The first was more traditional, where stones of varying sizes and shapes were
    placed on or around my body at trigger points. It was interesting, although not terribly satisfying.

    While I can appreciate the concept, I much prefer a more active approach, which is what the second
    treatment was. In this case, the therapist used the stones as an extention of a more traditional
    Swedish massage. In conjunction with her hands, she used the stones as tools, applying oil and
    rubbing across muscles, along with placing along various points of my body. The end result was very
    satisfying for me. The combination of sensations was very refreshing.

    "Wayne Cattanach" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]upernews.com>...
    > I am not a therapist - but my wife and I are starting to enjoy Warmed Stone Massage together - we
    > have the stones . .heater and all that but in looking to expand our knowledge in the area find
    > several . .directions of use of this massage technique - just asking others what their favorite
    > techniques are and if that information is available either in print or video - Thanks In Advance
     
  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    It's all bull shit. Any warm item will work the same.
    "Wayne Cattanach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am not a therapist - but my wife and I are starting to
    > enjoy Warmed
    Stone
    > Massage together - we have the stones . .heater and all
    > that but in
    looking
    > to expand our knowledge in the area find several .
    > .directions of use of this massage technique - just asking
    > others what their favorite techniques are and if that
    > information is available either in print or video - Thanks
    > In Advance
     
  4. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    THE ITEM SHOULD PROBABLY BE JUST AS DENSE, HEAVY, AND
    SIMILAR COMPOSITION THOUGH TO BOTH HOLD AND TRANSFER THE
    TEMPERATURE TO THE BODY ON CONTACT I'M THINKIN?

    MJ "bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's all bull shit. Any warm item will work the same.
    > "Wayne Cattanach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am not a therapist - but my wife and I are starting to
    > > enjoy Warmed
    > Stone
    > > Massage together - we have the stones . .heater and all
    > > that but in
    > looking
    > > to expand our knowledge in the area find several .
    > > .directions of use
    of
    > > this massage technique - just asking others what their
    > > favorite
    techniques
    > > are and if that information is available either in print
    > > or video - Thanks In Advance
    > >
    >
     
  5. Suzee

    Suzee Guest

    Mj Hess wrote:
    >
    > THE ITEM SHOULD PROBABLY BE JUST AS DENSE, HEAVY, AND
    > SIMILAR COMPOSITION THOUGH TO BOTH HOLD AND TRANSFER THE
    > TEMPERATURE TO THE BODY ON CONTACT I'M THINKIN?

    Check your caps lock, dear....

    sue
     
  6. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    "suzee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mj Hess wrote:
    > >
    > > THE ITEM SHOULD PROBABLY BE JUST AS DENSE, HEAVY, AND
    > > SIMILAR
    COMPOSITION
    > > THOUGH TO BOTH HOLD AND TRANSFER THE TEMPERATURE TO THE
    > > BODY ON CONTACT
    I'M
    > > THINKIN?
    >
    > Check your caps lock, dear....
    >
    > sue

    lol

    to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that any
    hot item will work. Certain stones are used because they
    retain the heat well and because energetically they hold
    energy from the earth that is ancient. It is not bullshit.

    T
     
  7. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    i just checked it.. oops hang on.. THERE IT GOES.. lol
    "suzee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mj Hess wrote:
    > >
    > > THE ITEM SHOULD PROBABLY BE JUST AS DENSE, HEAVY, AND
    > > SIMILAR
    COMPOSITION
    > > THOUGH TO BOTH HOLD AND TRANSFER THE TEMPERATURE TO THE
    > > BODY ON CONTACT
    I'M
    > > THINKIN?
    >
    > Check your caps lock, dear....
    >
    > sue
     
  8. Ben Dover

    Ben Dover Guest

    OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    reasonable belief.

    What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    therapies based on their "energy" qualities.

    There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    relative to gravity.

    Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough of
    that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing. Heat,
    or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is enjoyable
    about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our skin is
    pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up some rays
    is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's just heat.

    Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is made
    of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes of the
    massage business.

    If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    and the heat.

    Ben

    Tiffany wrote:

    > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > any hot item will work. Certain stones are used because
    > they retain the heat well and because energetically they
    > hold energy from the earth that is ancient. It is not
    > bullshit.
    >
    > T
     
  9. George

    George Guest

    "Tiffany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > lol
    >
    > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > any hot item will work. Certain stones are used because
    > they retain the heat well and
    because
    > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    >
    > T
    >
    >
    But you gotta admit it HAS to get you more customers than if
    you offered a "hot potato" massage. <g
     
  10. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    So you don't believe in traditional Chinese medicine? And
    what is with calling folks who do believe in 'energy'
    nutcases? If that is what someone believes, that is truth to
    them and it will make them feel good. Calling someone a
    nutcase sure won't help ANY massage practice.

    Insulting surely isn't going to prove your point.

    Tiffany

    "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    > are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > reasonable belief.
    >
    > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >
    > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    > transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    > relative to gravity.
    >
    > Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    > squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    > is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough
    > of that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing.
    > Heat, or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is
    > enjoyable about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our
    > skin is pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up
    > some rays is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's
    > just heat.
    >
    > Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is
    > made of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes
    > of the massage business.
    >
    > If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    > market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    > massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    > and the heat.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    >
    > Tiffany wrote:
    >
    > > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > > any hot item
    will
    > > work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    > > heat well and
    because
    > > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    > >
    > > T
    > >
     
  11. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    And since I see you were one of the folks to reply to me
    about Cancer/Massage......

    the client I refer to is a breast cancer survivor. She now
    has bone cancer. She believes immensely that the reason she
    was able to survive breast cancer and cancer as a whole for
    as long as she has was due to the Reiki her husband did with
    her. Is she a nutcase?

    T "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    > are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > reasonable belief.
    >
    > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >
    > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    > transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    > relative to gravity.
    >
    > Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    > squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    > is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough
    > of that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing.
    > Heat, or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is
    > enjoyable about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our
    > skin is pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up
    > some rays is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's
    > just heat.
    >
    > Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is
    > made of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes
    > of the massage business.
    >
    > If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    > market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    > massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    > and the heat.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    >
    > Tiffany wrote:
    >
    > > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > > any hot item
    will
    > > work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    > > heat well and
    because
    > > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    > >
    > > T
    > >
     
  12. L Kelly

    L Kelly Guest

    <There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    relative to gravity.>

    Tell that to the Hawaiians; they won't believe it.

    Aren't quartz crystals used in electronics?

    Are things like Lourdes water or religious items such as
    relics from saints and other holy people, even dirt from
    their graves, that help humans and animals heal
    nonsense, too?

    <If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    and the heat.>

    Because there is more to it than the eye can see; that's
    what metaphysical means.

    You may not remember that at one time acupuncture was looked
    down on in the U.S. because it was unfamiliar even though
    Asians used it successfully for years and it was used to
    heal animals (no placebo effect there). Now the medical
    community has wholly embraced having needles stuck into skin
    to relieve pain and increase circulation.

    BTW, are these the same "reasonables" who have their tea
    leaves read or consult a dream book for a lucky number or
    avoid walking under a ladder or throw salt over the left
    shoulder after spilling it, etc., etc.?

    Take a Reiki class and you'll see.

    LK

    http://www.icdc.com/~drkelly/chiropractorphiladelphia803.htm
    ________________________

    Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be
    good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that
    purpose for which ye have entered this experience. Edgar
    Cayce Reading 2030-1

    "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    > are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > reasonable belief.
    >
    > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >
    > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    > transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    > relative to gravity.
    >
    > Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    > squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    > is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough
    > of that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing.
    > Heat, or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is
    > enjoyable about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our
    > skin is pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up
    > some rays is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's
    > just heat.
    >
    > Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is
    > made of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes
    > of the massage business.
    >
    > If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    > market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    > massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    > and the heat.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    >
    > Tiffany wrote:
    >
    > > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > > any hot item
    will
    > > work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    > > heat well and
    because
    > > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    > >
    > > T
    > >
     
  13. Suzee

    Suzee Guest

    Ben Dover wrote:
    >
    > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    > are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > reasonable belief.
    >
    > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >
    > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    > transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    > relative to gravity.

    I talked to a geologist friend of mine who said that one can
    measure the electrical resistance of rocks.

    So as some are better or worse conductors of electricity,
    and as the body has a bio-electric system, they may
    facilitate the flow within in the receiver's body, and from
    the giver to the receiver.

    sue
     
  14. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    George! I was just gonna write and see where you went? I
    miss your posts!

    Mj "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Tiffany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > lol
    > >
    > > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > > any hot item
    will
    > > work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    > > heat well and
    > because
    > > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    > >
    > > T
    > >
    > >
    > But you gotta admit it HAS to get you more customers than
    > if you offered a "hot potato" massage. <g
     
  15. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Tiffany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > lol
    > >
    > > to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    > > any hot item
    will
    > > work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    > > heat well and
    > because
    > > energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    > > ancient. It is not bullshit.
    > >
    > > T
    > >
    > >
    > But you gotta admit it HAS to get you more customers than
    > if you offered a "hot potato" massage. <g>
    >
    >

    Ohh... hot potato.... wouldn't that possibly get mushy
    though? lol

    t
     
  16. Ben Dover

    Ben Dover Guest

    An interesting question. Is she a nutcase? No, she's a
    person who is desperate for hope and will buy anything that
    anyone offers as a cure or otherwise regarding her efforts
    to cling to her precious life.

    What I'm annoyed with is massage therapists trying to sell
    magic and mystery to clients. Whether someone wants to
    irrationally choose to believe in magic and mystery is a
    separate topic.

    Still, there's no law against selling snake oil to desperate
    people unless the line of fraud is crossed. Fortunately, or
    unfortunately, language is amorphous enough in it's
    constructs to allow people to sell snake oil without
    crossing the line, legally.

    If your client feels that ancient energies from other
    universes have helped her through her trials and
    tribulations, then more power to her! Side note: I don't
    think my original reply was directed at your client.

    Ben

    Tiffany wrote:
    > And since I see you were one of the folks to reply to me
    > about Cancer/Massage......
    >
    > the client I refer to is a breast cancer survivor. She now
    > has bone cancer. She believes immensely that the reason
    > she was able to survive breast cancer and cancer as a
    > whole for as long as she has was due to the Reiki her
    > husband did with her. Is she a nutcase?
    >
    > T "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    >>are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    >>reasonable belief.
    >>
    >>What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    >>therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >>
    >>There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    >>transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    >>potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    >>relative to gravity.
    >>
    >>Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    >>squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    >>is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough
    >>of that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing.
    >>Heat, or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is
    >>enjoyable about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our
    >>skin is pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up
    >>some rays is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's
    >>just heat.
    >>
    >>Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is
    >>made of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes
    >>of the massage business.
    >>
    >>If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    >>market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    >>massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    >>and the heat.
    >>
    >>Ben
    >>
    >>
    >>Tiffany wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    >>>any hot item
    >
    > will
    >
    >>>work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    >>>heat well and
    >
    > because
    >
    >>>energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    >>>ancient. It is not bullshit.
    >>>
    >>>T
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
     
  17. Ben Dover

    Ben Dover Guest

    Let's stick to my message. I have acknowledged that
    anything, an idea, a can of water labeled as a homeopathic
    remedy, a rock from someone's yard, can make the "client"
    feel better if that's what the client wants to believe.

    That doesn't mean that it is acceptable to sell falsehoods
    to desperate people. Massage therapy all by itself is a
    truthful service when offered for what it is, touch that
    feels good. It doesn't need magical mystical healing energy
    illusions to have value.

    Sell it for what it is, touch that feels good. Leave the
    witchcraft to the island voodoo doctors.

    Ben

    L Kelly, DC wrote:
    > <There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    > transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    > relative to gravity.>
    >
    > Tell that to the Hawaiians; they won't believe it.
    >
    > Aren't quartz crystals used in electronics?
    >
    > Are things like Lourdes water or religious items such as
    > relics from saints and other holy people, even dirt from
    > their graves, that help humans and animals heal
    > nonsense, too?
    >
    > <If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    > market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    > massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    > and the heat.>
    >
    > Because there is more to it than the eye can see; that's
    > what metaphysical means.
    >
    > You may not remember that at one time acupuncture was
    > looked down on in the U.S. because it was unfamiliar even
    > though Asians used it successfully for years and it was
    > used to heal animals (no placebo effect there). Now the
    > medical community has wholly embraced having needles stuck
    > into skin to relieve pain and increase circulation.
    >
    > BTW, are these the same "reasonables" who have their tea
    > leaves read or consult a dream book for a lucky number or
    > avoid walking under a ladder or throw salt over the left
    > shoulder after spilling it, etc., etc.?
    >
    > Take a Reiki class and you'll see.
    >
    > LK
    >
    >
    > http://www.icdc.com/~drkelly/chiropractorphiladelphi-
    > a803.htm
    > ________________________
    >
    > Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be
    > good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that
    > purpose for which ye have entered this experience. Edgar
    > Cayce Reading 2030-1
    >
    >
    > "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain stones
    >>are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    >>reasonable belief.
    >>
    >>What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    >>therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    >>
    >>There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can be
    >>transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    >>potential energy related to mass and hardness and position
    >>relative to gravity.
    >>
    >>Massage feels good "cause it feels good to get rubbed and
    >>squeezed by another human being; whether it cures anything
    >>is unlikely, but it feels good and there's little enough
    >>of that in our lives, so that makes massage a good thing.
    >>Heat, or warmth, is a comforting thing; that's what is
    >>enjoyable about a warm rock. The transfer of heat to our
    >>skin is pleasant; just like laying in the sun soaking up
    >>some rays is pleasant. It's not mystical or magic. It's
    >>just heat.
    >>
    >>Seriously, what percentage of your massage business is
    >>made of nutcases who actually buy into the energy themes
    >>of the massage business.
    >>
    >>If you want to become legit in the minds of a reasonable
    >>market population, stop selling us the mystical aspects of
    >>massage and just tell us we'll feel better from the touch
    >>and the heat.
    >>
    >>Ben
    >>
    >>
    >>Tiffany wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>to the comment that using stones is 'bullshit' and that
    >>>any hot item
    >
    > will
    >
    >>>work. Certain stones are used because they retain the
    >>>heat well and
    >
    > because
    >
    >>>energetically they hold energy from the earth that is
    >>>ancient. It is not bullshit.
    >>>
    >>>T
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
     
  18. Mossrite

    Mossrite Guest

    I find that wrapping my head in tinfoil and aiming the
    remote control at my temples (especially channel 3) gets rid
    of my migraines..lol ..but what does all this have to do
    with massage????

    "suzee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ben Dover wrote:
    > >
    > > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain
    > > stones are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > > reasonable belief.
    > >
    > > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    > >
    > > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can
    > > be transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > > potential energy related to mass and hardness and
    > > position relative to gravity.
    >
    > I talked to a geologist friend of mine who said that one
    > can measure the electrical resistance of rocks.
    >
    > So as some are better or worse conductors of electricity,
    > and as the body has a bio-electric system, they may
    > facilitate the flow within in the receiver's body, and
    > from the giver to the receiver.
    >
    > sue
     
  19. Ben & Lydia

    Ben & Lydia Guest

    "suzee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ben Dover wrote:
    > >
    > > OK, I can't stand it anymore. I agree that certain
    > > stones are used because they retain heat well. This is a
    > > reasonable belief.
    > >
    > > What I can't stand anymore is the selling of massage
    > > therapies based on their "energy" qualities.
    > >
    > > There is no stinkin' ancient energy in a rock that can
    > > be transferred to another object, other than kinetic and
    > > potential energy related to mass and hardness and
    > > position relative to gravity.
    >
    > I talked to a geologist friend of mine who said that one
    > can measure the electrical resistance of rocks.
    >
    > So as some are better or worse conductors of electricity,
    > and as the body has a bio-electric system, they may
    > facilitate the flow within in the receiver's body, and
    > from the giver to the receiver.
    >
    > sue

    Very true Sue. As a practitioner of Warm/Hot Stone massage,
    among other modalities, I find it's a good treatment but
    that the "energy" aspect is often hyped up too much. Now
    before anyone tells me that energy work is effective...I
    know that. I'm a Reiki Master and do energy work. With that
    said I find that the stones do vary somewhat in energy
    potential, but that the energy is not so much an "ancient
    energy". What I believe is.....the stones are a focus point
    for the therapists energy as well as a heat (energy) source.
    This also goes to another post in this thread that points
    out that quartz crystals used in watches and clocks have
    energy....actually a small charge is run through the
    crystals to get them to vibrate at their particular
    frequency which is measured as a standard reference. The
    point? The energy in Warm/Hot Stone massage is primarily
    that of the therapist and most people are so disconnected
    from their bodies they don't usually notice it consciously.

    Ben Crabtree, RMT, MTI, CNMT San Antonio, Texas
    http://massagebyben.vze.com
     
  20. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > An interesting question. Is she a nutcase? No, she's a
    > person who is desperate for hope and will buy anything
    > that anyone offers as a cure or otherwise regarding her
    > efforts to cling to her precious life.
    >
    > What I'm annoyed with is massage therapists trying to sell
    > magic and mystery to clients. Whether someone wants to
    > irrationally choose to believe in magic and mystery is a
    > separate topic.
    >
    > Still, there's no law against selling snake oil to
    > desperate people unless the line of fraud is crossed.
    > Fortunately, or unfortunately, language is amorphous
    > enough in it's constructs to allow people to sell snake
    > oil without crossing the line, legally.
    >
    > If your client feels that ancient energies from other
    > universes have helped her through her trials and
    > tribulations, then more power to her! Side note: I don't
    > think my original reply was directed at your client.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    >

    I was using her as an example, I know you weren't directing
    anything to her.

    T
     
Loading...