Warming Up Before a Mtn Bike Race???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Lasalles, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Lasalles

Lasalles New Member

Im approaching my first Mtn Bike race and am curious to know whats the best way to be warmed up and ready to go on the start line.Is it best to have a ride of the wind trainer before you get to the line??? Is this normal or would i look like a geek turning up with an indoor trainer??? I guess the other alternative would be to ride some of the course before hand????
    Anyone please ???

Tags:

2. percious

percious New Member

Hmm... Everyone warms up differently. It really depends on the length of the race, and how you train. I race sport class. Usually, that means three laps or about 10-12 miles of racing. I usually warm up by pre-riding the course with my buddy in the morning before his beginner class race. Then about 10 minutes before my race I ride in circles by the start line, to get the blood flowing. I am usually joined by others in my class.

As for a trainer. It's probably a good idea. Just remember that if this is your first race, you might not want to wear yourself out too much before the race, because you really dont know what to expect. The guys I have seen using trainers are expert class, which is a 15-20 mile race, and they ride the trainer for at least 30 mins before the race. This is probably not neccesary for a beginner race.

Its awesome that you are trying out racing. I think you will find it a rewarding experience, whether you win or loose. Also, the people at the races tend to be very friendly, and you should get to know your fellow racers, and find out how they train/warm up/etc. Everyone has their own style and approach. Try different things and see what works for you.

GOOD LUCK!
    -percious

3. Lasalles

Lasalles New Member

Thanks for that il definately leave the trainer at home,the last thing i want to do is look like a [email protected]^K... Ive done some road but mailny track cycling before,but now i have this Mtn Bike its heaps better than both...