warmup for crit

odb

Jun 25, 2005
how is the best way to warmup for a 15 mile crit starting time 7 am and what to eat prior to race?

odb said:
how is the best way to warmup for a 15 mile crit starting time 7 am and what to eat prior to race?

I just ride the course at a somewhat gentle speed. I get there 45 minutes before the start time, sign in, then I have 30 minutes of warm up time/ focus time. If the race is in the morning, I eat a bowl of oatmeal and have some orange juice, then right before I get to the race, I either nibble on a energy bar or eat it, really depends on how I feel.

The best advice is: GET THERE EARLY!

Get the blood pumping. 12 mile race should be a really fast and intense one and you don't want to shock your legs. Guys like me would try to get rid of all the guys are not warmed up. Just riding around parking lot is not going to help you. I would warm up at least 30 mins. Oh yaeh, add some intervals.

Everything should be good to go the night b/4. Get there early, so you don't panic and don't have to wait on the line to register. Eat and drink enough, but not too much.

Good luck!

I usually get there early, just to chat with other riders. You will notice it: week in week out, we race against each other through out the year. Get to know other riders. Someday they will open up the gap for you and you will do the same. Or worst thing you can do is pissing people off: they can isolate you.

Just a thought :D