Warning: Bike Nashbar - international shipping?

Martin Törnsten

Guest
Hi, I just got a letter from Bike Nashbar customer service that they besides US
only ship to Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom.

As it's kind of strange that they have several more countries to select from as
shipping address on their web shop (I originally selected Sweden and also got a
order confirmation email that the order was approved and would be shipping soon)
I wonder if this is really true?

I personally will try to arrange for my order to ship to a friend in UK. Even if
it's a lot of hassle I don't want to miss this order as they gave really good
prices some of their stuff, including an automatic 20% discount applied
directly, and still valid with a additional 10% rebate on check out (TKYM5).

Anyone who has successfully ordered stuff from Bike Nashbar to other countries
(especially besides those listed above) and not had all these problems?

If not I would like to warn others to not expect Nashbar to fulfill their non US
orders and shipping (or perhaps they have some problems with US shipping as
well)!

Best regards,

martin törnsten

--
http://82.182.73.126/

> Hi, I just got a letter from Bike Nashbar customer service that they
besides US
> only ship to Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom.
>
> As it's kind of strange that they have several more countries to

select from as
> shipping address on their web shop (I originally selected Sweden and

also got a
> order confirmation email that the order was approved and would be

shipping soon)
> I wonder if this is really true?

I had the same experience when trying to order from the Netherlands.
It's stupid listing almost the whole world in your order form when
it's not possible to order for most countries on the list. I tried it
twice, got an order confirmation both times and nothing afterwards.
When i requested where my order was i got an reply that they send me
an e-mail earlier stating shipping to the Netherlands wasn't possible,
i never received that e-mail though.

"Martin Törnsten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I just got a letter from Bike Nashbar customer service that they

besides US
> only ship to Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom.
>
> As it's kind of strange that they have several more countries to

select from as
> shipping address on their web shop (I originally selected Sweden and

also got a
> order confirmation email that the order was approved and would be

shipping soon)
> I wonder if this is really true?
>
> I personally will try to arrange for my order to ship to a friend in

UK. Even if
> it's a lot of hassle I don't want to miss this order as they gave

really good
> prices some of their stuff, including an automatic 20% discount

applied
> directly, and still valid with a additional 10% rebate on check out

(TKYM5).

> Anyone who has successfully ordered stuff from Bike Nashbar to other

countries
> (especially besides those listed above) and not had all these

problems?

> If not I would like to warn others to not expect Nashbar to fulfill

their non US
> orders and shipping (or perhaps they have some problems with US

shipping as
> well)!
>
> Best regards,
>
> martin törnsten
>
> --
> http://82.182.73.126/

"Martin Törnsten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi, I just got a letter from Bike Nashbar customer service that they
> besides US only ship to Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, United
> Kingdom.

I frankly don't know why they bother with international orders at all since
they insist on using FedEx, which is stupidly expensive and a deal killer
for most such transactions. There's just no point paying more for the
shipping than for the item, which is what hapens a lot of the time with
FedEx and UPS. If they're not going to use USPS they should say no orders
from outside the US/Canada and be done with it. I wanted to order some
stuff from them which was at a great price but the morons killed the deal
because of their outrageous shipping costs.

--

A: Top-posters.

Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 19 May 2004 15:05:37 +0200 received comm from
Martin Törnsten <[email protected]> on channel rec.bicycles.tech:

: Hi, I just got a letter from Bike Nashbar customer service that they besides US
: only ship to Australia, Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom.

[ snip ]

: I personally will try to arrange for my order to ship to a friend in UK. Even if

Even more strange behavior from Bike Nashbar. I mailed them and told them to
ship the order to an address in London (as they claimed it was fine for them to
ship to UK), and now they reply by saying "Unfortunately. we do not ship to
London."!

???

So they claim that it's fine to ship to UK, but not to the capital of it (the
biggest city of UK)?

Now I have to email them and ask what cities in UK who they ship to...

Perhaps to be sure, which streets of the cities who is ok? Otherwise I bet they
reply "Unfortunately. we do not ship to that specific street"!

Grrrr..

Best regards,

martin törnsten

--
http://82.182.73.126/

[...]

On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:07:25 +0200 in rec.bicycles.misc, Martin
Törnsten <[email protected]> wrote:

> Even more strange behavior from Bike Nashbar. I mailed them and told them to
> ship the order to an address in London (as they claimed it was fine for them to
> ship to UK), and now they reply by saying "Unfortunately. we do not ship to
> London."!
>
> ???

i think that you're being jacked around by some lazyass in the
shipping dept. try emailing their customer complaint address.