Warning: Don't use cars as work benches!

Hippy

Guest
Yes, all the money I "saved" at the bike swap meet disappeared soon after...

While fixing up a road bike I'm selling to a mate, I plonk my headset spanner and "rather large"
shifter on the back of gf's ute..

Looking for the shifter later today, after gf had left, I come to the horrible conclusion that my
shifter and headset spanner are now lying on the road somewhere within a 45min drive from home!

DON'T LEAVE TOOLS ON CARS! :-(

I rode for an hour along the path she took but no luck.. if anyone finds these tools between Croydon
and Dandenong, give me a yell! :)

hippy mumble stupid grumble smelly cars.. grrr

Could of been far far worse, a close family member once drove off with wallet on the Datsuns roof, in the days when salaries came in cash, neatly folded into a envelope.......the wallet had one of these envelopes in it.....

In article <[email protected]>, spam@spameggs&amp says...
> Could of been far far worse, a close family member once drove off with wallet on the Datsuns roof,
> in the days when salaries came in cash, neatly folded into a envelope.......the wallet had one of
> these envelopes in it.....

A few years ago when we drove across the Nullarbor, we stopped at Border Village (WA border) and
found the fuel cap resting against the roof rack.

Fuel cap was removed only 200+km earlier at Nullarbor Roadhouse....

Now that was pure chance. We even pulled off the bitumen a couple of times to check out the cliffs!

Cheers Ray

One rainy night I put down my backpack on top of the gearsack on my motorbike while I put on my wet
weather gear. Rode home, realised my backpack wasn't on my back. Rode back to work, thinking I'd
left it in the office. Not there. Panic. Went back out to the bike to ride to a police station to
report it missing, and there it still was sitting on top of the gearsack! (Don't ask me why I didn't
put the backpack IN the gearsack. I don't remember, it was too long ago.) Liz

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yes, all the money I "saved" at the bike swap meet disappeared soon after...
>
> While fixing up a road bike I'm selling to a mate, I plonk my headset spanner and "rather large"
> shifter on the back of gf's ute..
>
> Looking for the shifter later today, after gf had left, I come to the horrible conclusion that my
> shifter and headset spanner are now lying on the road somewhere within a 45min drive from home!
>
> DON'T LEAVE TOOLS ON CARS! :-(
>
> I rode for an hour along the path she took but no luck.. if anyone finds these tools between
> Croydon and Dandenong, give me a yell! :)
>
> hippy mumble stupid grumble smelly cars.. grrr

Brother-in-law drove off and heard a clunking sound. Looking out the rear view mirror, he was bits
of his mobile phone following him down the road - silly bugger left it on the car roof.

--
Alan Erskine alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Iraq, America's new Vietnam

"cfsmtb" <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Could of been far far worse, a close family member once drove off with wallet on the Datsuns roof,
> in the days when salaries came in cash, neatly folded into a envelope.......the wallet had one of
> these envelopes in it.....
>

> --

"Alan Erskine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Brother-in-law drove off and heard a clunking sound. Looking out the
rear
> view mirror, he was bits of his mobile phone following him down the
road -
> silly bugger left it on the car roof.

I did that too once. Put my mobile on the bumper while loading the boot, telling myself "haha funny
if you forgot that - don't leave it there.." 10 minutes down the road I have this flash of
realisation and swing the car around. Luckily, I had started the car on a hill and the mobile had
just slipped off the back right where I left from.

hippy IQ = 165, oh wait, sorry, that's 16.5...

Wow! ...you have a gf ?!!

--------------------

hippy wrote:

> Yes, all the money I "saved" at the bike swap meet disappeared soon after...
>
> While fixing up a road bike I'm selling to a mate, I plonk my headset spanner and "rather large"
> shifter on the back of gf's ute..
>
> Looking for the shifter later today, after gf had left, I come to the horrible conclusion that my
> shifter and headset spanner are now lying on the road somewhere within a 45min drive from home!

(snipped)

And she drives a ute?!?!? ;o)
---
DFM

"Deep Freud Moors" <deepfreudmoors@eITmISaACTUALLYiREAL!l.nu> wrote in message
> And she drives a ute?!?!? ;o)

A black, Holden ute with mags to be precise...

hippy ;-)

I've done that too. Only it was in my underseat bag on my pushy which somehow unzipped. I was doing
a V max run (57kph) when I looked down and noticed that hey, there's a phone just like mine. ****
it IS mine.

--
Cheers Damian Harvey

www.mazzoir.textamerica.com is my moblog.

Ha.

Originally posted by Damian Harvey
I've done that too. Only it was in my underseat bag on my pushy which somehow unzipped. I was doing
a V max run (57kph) when I looked down and noticed that hey, there's a phone just like mine. ****
it IS mine.

--
Cheers Damian Harvey

www.mazzoir.textamerica.com is my moblog.

Ha.

my friends and i have only been driving for 2 years but so far a friend of mine has left a phone, her wallet, many a drink bottle,my brand new camera, another friends beauty case (the size of a tool box) and a pot of wax on my roof. the girl has the attention span of a gold fish!

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:55:04 GMT, "Liz" <[email protected]> wrote:

>One rainy night I put down my backpack on top of the gearsack on my motorbike while I put on my wet
>weather gear. Rode home, realised my backpack wasn't on my back. Rode back to work, thinking I'd
>left it in the office. Not there. Panic. Went back out to the bike to ride to a police station to
>report it missing, and there it still was sitting on top of the gearsack!

I can think of two instances.

Once, left mobile phone on top of gear sack while refuelling. Rode 3 kms home and found mobile still
sitting on gear sack.

Second, my ex and I drove in the car for about 4 blocks - plenty of turns, stop signs and giving way
- until we were stopped at a set of lights. The car beside us tooted the horn and pointed to the top
of the car. Ex got out and quickly retrieved half full coffee cup sitting on the roof - where she'd
left it when she jumped into the car back home.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

I've been meaning to get me one of those. About a 1965 model, thin, aerodynamic, lightweight. I've
seen them around, you can occasionally see them on bikes, but not often. I sometimes think that ppl
dont take them out once they get them.. ...they just keep them at home.

So have mounted yours on your bike yet?

---------------

hippy wrote:

> "calm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Wow! ...you have a gf ?!!
>
> Yes. Disappointed?
>
> hippy

"calm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I've been meaning to get me one of those. About a 1965 model, thin, aerodynamic, lightweight. I've
> seen them around, you can occasionally see them on bikes, but not
often.
> I sometimes think that ppl dont take them out once they get them.. ...they just keep them at home.
>
> So have mounted yours on your bike yet?

Not yet.. the seat tends to get in the way...

What ARE you talking about? :-S

hippy

Originally posted by Calm
I've been meaning to get me one of those. About a 1965 model, thin, aerodynamic, lightweight. I've
seen them around, you can occasionally see them on bikes, but not often. I sometimes think that ppl
dont take them out once they get them.. ...they just keep them at home.

LOL!!!
A good year, a good model, I've got one of these at home.
*waving* toyouknowwhoatwork.:p :p :p

cin <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> my friends and i have only been driving for 2 years but so far a friend of mine has left a phone,
> her wallet, many a drink bottle,my brand new camera, another friends beauty case (the size of a
> tool box) and a pot of wax on my roof. the girl has the attention span of a gold fish!

A guy here (in Germany) left a suitcase on his car roof with 100 000 Euros in it. After driving on
to the Autobahn the suitcase fell on to the road, the money blowing everywhere. Other drivers
naturally stopped and took what they could find. The driver only recovered about 3000 Euros.

Balthasar

"cfsmtb" <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Calm wrote:
> > I've been meaning to get me one of those. About a 1965 model,
thin,
> > aerodynamic, lightweight. I've seen them around, you can
occasionally
> > see them on bikes, but not often. I sometimes think that ppl dont
take
> > them out once they get them.. ...they just keep them at home.
>
> LOL!!! A good year, a good model, I've got one of these at home. *waving*
> toyouknowwhoatwork.:p :p :p

Time for me to go and cry in the corner, waiting for the class 'nice person' to explain the joke :p

hippy