Warning: MHA = acahf hangout

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by tobyjones, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > To any new readers or others who may not be aware of
    > > > this, to you who are genuinely interested in alt
    > > > health, please note: Anything that you may
    > > post
    > > > to mha is being carefully noted and monitored by your
    > > > "friendly" acahf
    > > rep.
    > > >
    > > > Stop and think, before you post even one word!
    > > >
    > > > This is NO open discussion group, this is a place
    > > > where acahf vultures feed.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > This is an unmoderated newsgroup.... open for the
    > > discussion both "pro" and "con", this is not a closed
    > > discussion group (those do exist).
    >
    > I have not suggested otherwise.
    >
    > > Even without a newsreader anyone can check on it at:
    > >
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&group=misc.health.alte
    > > rnative
    > >
    > > It is not a secret.
    >
    > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    >
    > I was not aware of it.

    The fact that you are clueless in this area should tell you
    that there may be other areas where you are also clueless.
     


  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > To any new readers or others who may not be aware of
    > > > this, to you who are genuinely interested in alt
    > > > health, please note: Anything that you may
    > > post
    > > > to mha is being carefully noted and monitored by your
    > > > "friendly" acahf
    > > rep.
    > > >
    > > > Stop and think, before you post even one word!
    > > >
    > > > This is NO open discussion group, this is a place
    > > > where acahf vultures feed.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > This is an unmoderated newsgroup.... open for the
    > > discussion both "pro" and "con", this is not a closed
    > > discussion group (those do exist).
    >
    > I have not suggested otherwise.
    >
    > > Even without a newsreader anyone can check on it at:
    > >
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
    8&group=misc.health.alte
    > > rnative
    > >
    > > It is not a secret.
    >
    > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    >
    > I was not aware of it.

    The fact that you are clueless in this area should tell you
    that there may be other areas where you are also clueless.
     
  3. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...> > It is not a secret.
    > > >
    > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > >
    > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > Then you are either:
    > >
    > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > >
    > > or
    > >
    > > 2) Very close minded
    >
    > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will be a
    > simple matter for you to present posts showing that
    > particular poster to be from acahf.
    I
    > have not seen any.

    It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    group?

    > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF also
    > > post here once in a while.
    >
    > How are they recognisable?

    They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    helicopters.

    > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > possibility of alt
    health
    > discussion, particularly spontaneous or candid discussion,
    > than does permanent residence of such rep.

    Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and you
    would never know
    it. It makes no difference.
     
  4. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...> > It is not a secret.
    > > >
    > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > >
    > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > Then you are either:
    > >
    > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > >
    > > or
    > >
    > > 2) Very close minded
    >
    > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will be a
    > simple matter for you to present posts showing that
    > particular poster to be from acahf.
    I
    > have not seen any.

    It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    group?

    > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF also
    > > post here once in a while.
    >
    > How are they recognisable?

    They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    helicopters.

    > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > possibility of alt
    health
    > discussion, particularly spontaneous or candid discussion,
    > than does permanent residence of such rep.

    Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and you
    would never know
    it. It makes no difference.
     
  5. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...> > It is not a secret.
    > > >
    > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > >
    > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > Then you are either:
    > >
    > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > >
    > > or
    > >
    > > 2) Very close minded
    >
    > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will be a
    > simple matter for you to present posts showing that
    > particular poster to be from acahf.
    I
    > have not seen any.

    It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    group?

    > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF also
    > > post here once in a while.
    >
    > How are they recognisable?

    They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    helicopters.

    > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > possibility of alt
    health
    > discussion, particularly spontaneous or candid discussion,
    > than does permanent residence of such rep.

    Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and you
    would never know
    it. It makes no difference.
     
  6. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...> > It is not a secret.
    > > >
    > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > >
    > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > >
    > > ...
    > >
    > > Then you are either:
    > >
    > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > >
    > > or
    > >
    > > 2) Very close minded
    >
    > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will be a
    > simple matter for you to present posts showing that
    > particular poster to be from acahf.
    I
    > have not seen any.

    It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    group?

    > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF also
    > > post here once in a while.
    >
    > How are they recognisable?

    They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    helicopters.

    > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > possibility of alt
    health
    > discussion, particularly spontaneous or candid discussion,
    > than does permanent residence of such rep.

    Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and you
    would never know
    it. It makes no difference.
     
  7. "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >"HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> >
    > >> > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > >> > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > >> > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > >> > seen any.
    > >> >
    > >> > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > >> > > also post here
    once
    > >> > > in a while.
    > >> >
    > >> > How are they recognisable?
    > >> >
    > >> > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > >> > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > >> > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > >> > residence of such rep.
    > >> >
    > >> ...
    > >>
    > >> Why should you care?
    > >
    > >Because I believe there would be immense value in
    > >allowing truly free discussion of "alt health". Yet
    > >various things prevent it from
    happening,
    > >other than in rare instances.
    >
    > It always amazes me that alties seem afraid to discuss
    > things in front of dissenters. Why are they so frightened?

    Because in AltWorld, thereis no dissent, only adulation.

    > >The presence of acahf is yet another limiting factor.
    > >
    > >> It is a free and open discussion of the pros and cons
    > >> of alternative health.
    > >
    > >Yes, it is not here for bounty hunters to sit back with
    > >their rifles, waiting for the next kill or culling.

    Toby is showing the typical Alt-paranoia.

    > >> I have never seen the particular person of which you
    > >> speak ever post without a signiture file the shows all
    > >> of the websites he owns. If you click on those links
    > >> you will find most of
    the
    > >> information there, free and clear, including about the
    > >> NCAHF.
    > >
    > >Ok. I wasn't aware of that, as I have no wish to go
    > >wading through the murk of those sites. I had thought
    > >they were all only semi-humorous
    o.t.t
    > >send-ups, with a donations box thrown in for good
    > >measure.
    >
    > Perhaps you should look rather than assume.

    Agreed.

    > >> Or if you go to www.groups.google.com and put in the
    > >> appropriate seach term, you will find it.
    > >
    > >Thank you. If it turns into more of an issue, I'll follow
    > >up on it.
    > >
    > >> There is nothing hidden. There is nothing unknown,
    > >> except to those who cannot or will not see.
    > >
    > >That is not entirely correct: the acahf bit was not
    > >immediately apparent or identifiable.
    >
    > >However, thanks - I appreciate your sane-sounding reply.

    HCN gave a sane reply to a sick one.
     
  8. "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >"HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> >
    > >> > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > >> > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > >> > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > >> > seen any.
    > >> >
    > >> > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > >> > > also post here
    once
    > >> > > in a while.
    > >> >
    > >> > How are they recognisable?
    > >> >
    > >> > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > >> > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > >> > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > >> > residence of such rep.
    > >> >
    > >> ...
    > >>
    > >> Why should you care?
    > >
    > >Because I believe there would be immense value in
    > >allowing truly free discussion of "alt health". Yet
    > >various things prevent it from
    happening,
    > >other than in rare instances.
    >
    > It always amazes me that alties seem afraid to discuss
    > things in front of dissenters. Why are they so frightened?

    Because in AltWorld, thereis no dissent, only adulation.

    > >The presence of acahf is yet another limiting factor.
    > >
    > >> It is a free and open discussion of the pros and cons
    > >> of alternative health.
    > >
    > >Yes, it is not here for bounty hunters to sit back with
    > >their rifles, waiting for the next kill or culling.

    Toby is showing the typical Alt-paranoia.

    > >> I have never seen the particular person of which you
    > >> speak ever post without a signiture file the shows all
    > >> of the websites he owns. If you click on those links
    > >> you will find most of
    the
    > >> information there, free and clear, including about the
    > >> NCAHF.
    > >
    > >Ok. I wasn't aware of that, as I have no wish to go
    > >wading through the murk of those sites. I had thought
    > >they were all only semi-humorous
    o.t.t
    > >send-ups, with a donations box thrown in for good
    > >measure.
    >
    > Perhaps you should look rather than assume.

    Agreed.

    > >> Or if you go to www.groups.google.com and put in the
    > >> appropriate seach term, you will find it.
    > >
    > >Thank you. If it turns into more of an issue, I'll follow
    > >up on it.
    > >
    > >> There is nothing hidden. There is nothing unknown,
    > >> except to those who cannot or will not see.
    > >
    > >That is not entirely correct: the acahf bit was not
    > >immediately apparent or identifiable.
    >
    > >However, thanks - I appreciate your sane-sounding reply.

    HCN gave a sane reply to a sick one.
     
  9. "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >"HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> >
    > >> > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > >> > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > >> > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > >> > seen any.
    > >> >
    > >> > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > >> > > also post here
    once
    > >> > > in a while.
    > >> >
    > >> > How are they recognisable?
    > >> >
    > >> > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > >> > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > >> > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > >> > residence of such rep.
    > >> >
    > >> ...
    > >>
    > >> Why should you care?
    > >
    > >Because I believe there would be immense value in
    > >allowing truly free discussion of "alt health". Yet
    > >various things prevent it from
    happening,
    > >other than in rare instances.
    >
    > It always amazes me that alties seem afraid to discuss
    > things in front of dissenters. Why are they so frightened?

    Because in AltWorld, thereis no dissent, only adulation.

    > >The presence of acahf is yet another limiting factor.
    > >
    > >> It is a free and open discussion of the pros and cons
    > >> of alternative health.
    > >
    > >Yes, it is not here for bounty hunters to sit back with
    > >their rifles, waiting for the next kill or culling.

    Toby is showing the typical Alt-paranoia.

    > >> I have never seen the particular person of which you
    > >> speak ever post without a signiture file the shows all
    > >> of the websites he owns. If you click on those links
    > >> you will find most of
    the
    > >> information there, free and clear, including about the
    > >> NCAHF.
    > >
    > >Ok. I wasn't aware of that, as I have no wish to go
    > >wading through the murk of those sites. I had thought
    > >they were all only semi-humorous
    o.t.t
    > >send-ups, with a donations box thrown in for good
    > >measure.
    >
    > Perhaps you should look rather than assume.

    Agreed.

    > >> Or if you go to www.groups.google.com and put in the
    > >> appropriate seach term, you will find it.
    > >
    > >Thank you. If it turns into more of an issue, I'll follow
    > >up on it.
    > >
    > >> There is nothing hidden. There is nothing unknown,
    > >> except to those who cannot or will not see.
    > >
    > >That is not entirely correct: the acahf bit was not
    > >immediately apparent or identifiable.
    >
    > >However, thanks - I appreciate your sane-sounding reply.

    HCN gave a sane reply to a sick one.
     
  10. "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >"HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...
    > >> >
    > >> > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > >> > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > >> > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > >> > seen any.
    > >> >
    > >> > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > >> > > also post here
    once
    > >> > > in a while.
    > >> >
    > >> > How are they recognisable?
    > >> >
    > >> > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > >> > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > >> > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > >> > residence of such rep.
    > >> >
    > >> ...
    > >>
    > >> Why should you care?
    > >
    > >Because I believe there would be immense value in
    > >allowing truly free discussion of "alt health". Yet
    > >various things prevent it from
    happening,
    > >other than in rare instances.
    >
    > It always amazes me that alties seem afraid to discuss
    > things in front of dissenters. Why are they so frightened?

    Because in AltWorld, thereis no dissent, only adulation.

    > >The presence of acahf is yet another limiting factor.
    > >
    > >> It is a free and open discussion of the pros and cons
    > >> of alternative health.
    > >
    > >Yes, it is not here for bounty hunters to sit back with
    > >their rifles, waiting for the next kill or culling.

    Toby is showing the typical Alt-paranoia.

    > >> I have never seen the particular person of which you
    > >> speak ever post without a signiture file the shows all
    > >> of the websites he owns. If you click on those links
    > >> you will find most of
    the
    > >> information there, free and clear, including about the
    > >> NCAHF.
    > >
    > >Ok. I wasn't aware of that, as I have no wish to go
    > >wading through the murk of those sites. I had thought
    > >they were all only semi-humorous
    o.t.t
    > >send-ups, with a donations box thrown in for good
    > >measure.
    >
    > Perhaps you should look rather than assume.

    Agreed.

    > >> Or if you go to www.groups.google.com and put in the
    > >> appropriate seach term, you will find it.
    > >
    > >Thank you. If it turns into more of an issue, I'll follow
    > >up on it.
    > >
    > >> There is nothing hidden. There is nothing unknown,
    > >> except to those who cannot or will not see.
    > >
    > >That is not entirely correct: the acahf bit was not
    > >immediately apparent or identifiable.
    >
    > >However, thanks - I appreciate your sane-sounding reply.

    HCN gave a sane reply to a sick one.
     
  11. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

    "Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message ...> >
    > > > It is not a secret.
    > > > >
    > > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > > >
    > > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > > >
    > > > ...
    > > >
    > > > Then you are either:
    > > >
    > > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > > >
    > > > or
    > > >
    > > > 2) Very close minded
    > >
    > > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will be
    > > a simple matter for you to present posts showing that
    > > particular poster to be from acahf. I have not seen any.
    >
    > It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    > responsibility to bring you up to date when you join
    > a group?

    How does my having taken responsibility to inform others,
    translate into what you are suggesting?

    > > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF also
    > > > post here once in a while.
    > >
    > > How are they recognisable?
    >
    > They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    > helicopters.

    So, they are not recognisable?

    > > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > > residence of such rep.
    >
    > Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and you
    > would never know it. It makes no difference.

    Even if he were only reading, and only using the ng to
    harvest leads which might attempt to validate his acahf
    role, that would still reveal a ghoulish or vulture
    mentality, a paucity of spirit. It would already be an
    exploitation, though covert.

    However he actually enters the discussions and redirects
    them to serve his bounty-hunter existence. This prevents
    genuine, free discussion of alt health from even beginning.

    --
    -------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
     
  12. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark Probert03-09-
    > [email protected]>
    wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message ...> >
    > > > > It is not a secret.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > That an acahf rep resides on MHA?
    > > > > >
    > > > > > I was not aware of it.
    > > > > >
    > > > > ...
    > > > >
    > > > > Then you are either:
    > > > >
    > > > > 1) Fairly new to newsgroups and to m.h.a
    > > > >
    > > > > or
    > > > >
    > > > > 2) Very close minded
    > > >
    > > > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > > > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > > > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > > > seen any.
    > >
    > > It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    > > responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    > > group?
    >
    > How does my having taken responsibility to inform others,
    > translate into what you are suggesting?

    Show me where you were taking responsibility in the quote?
    However, I read all of your messages and I based my
    comment on them. You claim no one told you, well, no one
    has to tell you.

    BTW, why did you not disclose that you are an agent of the
    NCTPQ (the National Council to Protect Quackery)?

    > > > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > > > > also post here
    once
    > > > > in a while.
    > > >
    > > > How are they recognisable?
    > >
    > > They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    > > helicopters.
    >
    > So, they are not recognisable?

    Since you did not get the secret decoder ring, no.

    > > > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > > > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > > > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does permanent
    > > > residence of such rep.
    > >
    > > Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and
    > > you would never know it. It makes no difference.
    >
    > Even if he were only reading, and only using the ng to
    > harvest leads which might attempt to validate his acahf
    > role, that would still reveal a ghoulish or vulture
    > mentality, a paucity of spirit. It would already be an
    > exploitation, though covert.

    You missed my point....as expected.

    However, a more important point is why you are so worried
    about an organization from Australia when you are not there?

    > However he actually enters the discussions and redirects
    > them to serve his bounty-hunter existence.

    Where do you get this claptrap? Do you make it up as you
    type? Why would you think (a term I use loosely) like this?
    Is is a side effect of Altmeds?

    This prevents genuine, free discussion of alt
    > health from even beginning.

    I am sorry that you are paranoid.
     
  13. tobyjones

    tobyjones Guest

    "Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it will
    > > > > be a simple matter for you to present posts showing
    > > > > that particular poster to be from acahf. I have not
    > > > > seen any.
    > > >
    > > > It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    > > > responsibility to bring you up to date when you join a
    > > > group?
    > >
    > > How does my having taken responsibility to inform
    > > others, translate into what you are suggesting?
    >
    > Show me where you were taking responsibility in the quote?

    You asked if I think others have a responsibility to inform
    me. My reply is that I am the one taking responsibility to
    let others be aware.

    I posted a warning for others, for those who are genuinely
    interested in alt health, not as something to sneer at and
    deride but because it is something they value.

    And, I did not intend to imply blame to any other
    ordinary posters.

    > However, I read all of your messages and I based my
    > comment on them. You claim no one told you, well, no one
    > has to tell you.

    My posts were to others, to help others to be aware of the
    actual situation that exists here on mha.

    What I learned is that it is possible for someone to post
    here for some time, to enter into discussions, without being
    aware of that particular situation.

    And I think I still have the right to convey what I now
    know, to others.

    > BTW, why did you not disclose that you are an agent of the
    > NCTPQ (the National Council to Protect Quackery)?

    I'm here from ETHOS, Ethical Thought Helping Ordinary
    Seekers (of Truth).

    > > > > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the NCAHF
    > > > > > also post here once in a while.
    > > > >
    > > > > How are they recognisable?
    > > >
    > > > They have horns on their posts, and the post via black
    > > > helicopters.
    > >
    > > So, they are not recognisable?
    >
    > Since you did not get the secret decoder ring, no.
    >
    > > > > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > > > > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > > > > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does
    > > > > permanent residence of such rep.
    > > >
    > > > Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting and
    > > > you would never know it. It makes no difference.
    > >
    > > Even if he were only reading, and only using the ng to
    > > harvest leads which might attempt to validate his acahf
    > > role, that would still reveal a ghoulish or vulture
    > > mentality, a paucity of spirit. It would already be an
    > > exploitation, though covert.
    >
    > You missed my point....as expected.
    >
    > However, a more important point is why you are so
    > worried about an organization from Australia when you
    > are not there?

    As I don't have an anonymizer, anyone can trace my location
    with minimal time or effort.

    You may think it is no big deal if Aussie alt health
    advocates are unable to post here freely. If any one group
    is excluded from free discussion, along national lines, this
    will impact on all else that is discussed.

    As well, it does affect those who post from all countries.
    Any link that is posted, any book, article, reference or
    mention of some alt practitioner in Australia is now fodder
    for acahf, - regardless of the country from which the person
    posts such link.

    > > However he actually enters the discussions and redirects
    > > them to serve his bounty-hunter existence.
    >
    > Where do you get this claptrap? Do you make it up as you
    > type? Why would you think (a term I use loosely) like
    > this? Is is a side effect of Altmeds?

    You dispute it?

    > > This prevents genuine, free discussion of alt health
    > > from even beginning.
    >
    > I am sorry that you are paranoid.

    If I were, I would not now be speaking out.

    --
    -------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
     
  14. Rich.

    Rich. Guest

    On 09 Mar 2004 22:00:50 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    >
    >I posted a warning for others, for those who are genuinely
    >interested in alt health, not as something to sneer at and
    >deride but because it is something they value.

    Your comment makes little sense. If you really care about
    alternative health care practices you would *also* care
    about exposing quackery since alt health practices are rife
    with quackery. Or don't you think alternative health
    quackery exists??

    Someone who is on a committee to investigate alternative
    health quackery would be a useful addition to a usenet group
    designed to discuss alternative health pro and con.

    >
    >And I think I still have the right to convey what I now
    >know, to others.

    Of course you do. It sounds like this kind of group is not
    your cup of tea. If you are that concerned about the
    consequences of someone on a quackery committee posting here
    then why do you choose to continue here?? Or are you just
    going to point this out to stifle open discussion and help
    people to rationalize not opening discussing things here??
    >
    >> BTW, why did you not disclose that you are an agent of
    >> the NCTPQ (the National Council to Protect Quackery)?
    >
    >I'm here from ETHOS, Ethical Thought Helping Ordinary
    >Seekers (of Truth).

    Do you think that members on a committee to investigate
    alternative health care quackery would not be truthful?? Do
    you think that their agenda is to demonize ALL alternative
    health care modalities or just the modalities which make
    unsubstantiated (? FALSE) claims. If you are really
    interested in seeking truth you would not selectively
    exclude members of a quackery committee simply because they
    are on the committee.

    >> >
    >> > Even if he were only reading, and only using the ng to
    >> > harvest leads which might attempt to validate his acahf
    >> > role, that would still reveal a ghoulish or vulture
    >> > mentality, a paucity of spirit. It would already be an
    >> > exploitation, though covert.

    Huh?? What if his intention was to get at the truth. What if
    his intention was to honestly expose alternative health
    quackery?? Again I ask if you think quackery exists?? If you
    do then could you give me three examples of alternative
    health care quackery??

    >
    >> > This prevents genuine, free discussion of alt health
    >> > from even beginning.
    >>
    >> I am sorry that you are paranoid.
    >
    >If I were, I would not now be speaking out.

    What you are doing is demonizing someone who may express
    skepticism about alternative health care practices. YOu seem
    to want to discredit someone simply for having a particular
    POV. This is hardly the behavior of someone looking for the
    truth. One must allow for a broad range of opinions in a
    search for the truth. My impression is that you are trying
    to squelch the opinion of someone who has a different POV
    from yours. If I am right, you have good company here since
    this appears to be the aim of most of the alties here.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance
     
  15. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark Probert03-09-
    > [email protected]>
    wrote:
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > > > Hello HCN. If what you're saying is so, then it
    > > > > > will be a simple matter for you to present posts
    > > > > > showing that particular poster to be from acahf. I
    > > > > > have not seen any.
    > > > >
    > > > > It is in the archives. Do you think anyone has a
    > > > > responsibility to bring you up to date when you join
    > > > > a group?
    > > >
    > > > How does my having taken responsibility to inform
    > > > others, translate into what you are suggesting?
    > >
    > > Show me where you were taking responsibility in the
    > > quote?
    >
    > You asked if I think others have a responsibility to
    > inform me. My reply
    is
    > that I am the one taking responsibility to let others
    > be aware.
    >
    > I posted a warning for others, for those who are genuinely
    > interested in alt health, not as something to sneer at and
    > deride but because it is something they value.

    Read my posted warning to you, and who you should
    worry about.

    The proponents of fact based medicine cherish free speech,
    and have been attacked in manners designed to stifle free
    speech by the proponents of Alt med for exercising that
    speech. The converse has yet to happen.

    > And, I did not intend to imply blame to any other ordinary
    > posters.

    Irrelevant. Your concerns are 180 degrees out of line with
    the reality of
    m.h.a. No one who supports fact based medicine is a threat
    to you. However, your fellow alt proponents are.

    > > However, I read all of your messages and I based my
    > > comment on them. You claim no one told you, well, no one
    > > has to tell you.
    >
    > My posts were to others, to help others to be aware of
    > the actual
    situation
    > that exists here on mha.

    It is well known, and Jan Drew periodically mentions it. It
    is a well established fact and common knowledge.

    > What I learned is that it is possible for someone to post
    > here for some time, to enter into discussions, without
    > being aware of that particular situation.

    So what. Do we know your credentials? Do we know that you
    are not a secret agent for the HuldaClarkCadets?

    > And I think I still have the right to convey what I now
    > know, to others.

    Of course you do. As anyone here does. No one is saying that
    you don't, and your comment is quite typical of the
    proponents of alt med who seem to think that everyone is out
    to stifle them.

    > > BTW, why did you not disclose that you are an agent of
    > > the NCTPQ (the National Council to Protect Quackery)?
    >
    > I'm here from ETHOS, Ethical Thought Helping Ordinary
    > Seekers (of Truth).

    You missed my point.

    > > > > > > Oh... in case you missed it, folks from the
    > > > > > > NCAHF also post here once in a while.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > How are they recognisable?
    > > > >
    > > > > They have horns on their posts, and the post via
    > > > > black helicopters.
    > > >
    > > > So, they are not recognisable?
    > >
    > > Since you did not get the secret decoder ring, no.
    > >
    > > > > > "Once in a while" has a different effect on the
    > > > > > possibility of alt health discussion, particularly
    > > > > > spontaneous or candid discussion, than does
    > > > > > permanent residence of such rep.
    > > > >
    > > > > Why? Anyone can read the newsgroup without posting
    > > > > and you would never know it. It makes no difference.
    > > >
    > > > Even if he were only reading, and only using the ng to
    > > > harvest leads which might attempt to validate his
    > > > acahf role, that would still
    reveal
    > > > a ghoulish or vulture mentality, a paucity of spirit.
    > > > It would already be an exploitation, though covert.
    > >
    > > You missed my point....as expected.
    > >
    > > However, a more important point is why you are so
    > > worried about an organization from Australia when you
    > > are not there?
    >
    > As I don't have an anonymizer, anyone can trace my
    > location with minimal time or effort.

    That is not true. This is your full header:

    Path: news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net!news3.optonline.net!feed5.new-
    sreader.com!newsreader. com!news2.newsreader.com!ellis.newsreader.com!not-for-
    mail Subject: Re: Warning: MHA = acahf hangout From:
    [email protected] Date: 09 Mar 2004 22:00:50 GMT
    Organization: NewsReader.Com Subscriber Message-ID:
    <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    misc.health.alternative References:
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]_s01>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]_s04>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]>
    <[email protected]> X-Trace:
    NewsReader.Com w2fxTgBN-
    27teyl0DtYyt47,hDo4SAgOLKSS4scGaUmUG= Lines: 100 Xref:
    news3.optonline.net misc.health.alternative:308421

    which make you pretty anonymous. I note that the NNTP
    posting host, which would allow for finding your ISP and the
    usual line about where to report abuse are not present.

    So, bottom line, your concerns are out of line. Worry about
    the Alties. They stifle free speech.

    > You may think it is no big deal if Aussie alt health
    > advocates are unable to post here freely. If any one group
    > is excluded from free discussion, along national lines,
    > this will impact on all else that is discussed.
    >
    > As well, it does affect those who post from all countries.
    > Any link that is posted, any book, article, reference or
    > mention of some alt
    practitioner
    > in Australia is now fodder for acahf, - regardless of the
    > country from which the person posts such link.
    >
    > > > However he actually enters the discussions and
    > > > redirects them to serve his bounty-hunter existence.
    > >
    > > Where do you get this claptrap? Do you make it up as you
    > > type? Why would you think (a term I use loosely) like
    > > this? Is is a side effect of Altmeds?
    >
    > You dispute it?
    >
    > > > This prevents genuine, free discussion of alt health
    > > > from even beginning.
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are paranoid.
    >
    > If I were, I would not now be speaking out.
    >
    > --
    > -------------------- http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------
    > Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
     
  16. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Warning: MHA = acahf hangout
    >From: [email protected]
    >Date: 3/8/2004 8:44 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >To any new readers or others who may not be aware of this,
    >to you who are genuinely interested in alt health, please
    >note: Anything that you may post to mha is being carefully
    >noted and monitored by your "friendly" acahf rep.
    >
    >Stop and think, before you post even one word!
    >
    >This is NO open discussion group, this is a place where
    >acahf vultures feed.

    Correct. Now those vultures will follow this post, one by
    one. Some will make numerous posts. Most all are either Jews
    or atheists.

    Of course Peter Bowditch is a known and repeated liar, who
    has NO medical qualifications but targets those *outside*
    organized medicine who are successful and he has the gall to
    squawk about their credentials, and LIE about them.

    He is an advisor to a quackery committee, but has NO medical
    qualifications to be an advisor. He does have the
    *abilities* they are looking for.

    Conduct Witch hunts A good liar An atheist Filled with hate
    Protect EGO Belittler Twisting

    (for starters)

    However these vultures don't give a damn, if Peter lies to
    this ng, his mother or the pope.

    The reputation of the NACHF is well known, as is their aim.

    They are failing. Alternative medicine just keeps growing.

    These vultures are filled with hate, as they have a need to
    constantly be belittling.

    This is the work of Satan.

    Because you have been truthful, they will now attack you
    personally.

    The truth brings unrest to the guilty.

    Jan
     
  17. Rich.

    Rich. Guest

    On 10 Mar 2004 00:54:44 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    >The truth brings unrest to the guilty.
    >
    >Jan

    Perhaps this explains why Jan Drew is up all hours of the
    night posting to usenet.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance
     
  18. Anth

    Anth Guest

    "Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Even worse, I think one of the posters here may be a
    > poofter.

    Hello duckie! Anth

    > --
    > "The emperor is naked!" "No he isn't, he's merely
    > endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"
    >
    > to email me Please remove "all your clothes"
    >
    > Doug
     
  19. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > To any new readers or others who may not be aware of this,
    > to you who are genuinely interested in alt health, please
    > note: Anything that you may post to mha is being carefully
    > noted and monitored by your "friendly" acahf rep.

    Really? And what is your evidence for this?

    And who is this "ACAHF" rep?

    > Stop and think, before you post even one word!

    Well, that's actually good advice, whether you intended it
    that way or not. If more people would actually stop and
    think before they posted, there'd be a lot less stupidity
    posted here.

    However, I'm curious. What, exactly, do you think these
    alleged ACAHF reps can do to someone who posts something
    they don't like, other than disagree?

    > This is NO open discussion group, this is a place where
    > acahf vultures feed.

    Sure it's an open discussion group. No one has stopped you
    from posting, have they?

    --
    Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    |
    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do
    |you inconvenience me with questions?"
     
  20. Eric Bohlman

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Orac <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:eek:[email protected]:

    > However, I'm curious. What, exactly, do you think these
    > alleged ACAHF reps can do to someone who posts something
    > they don't like, other than disagree?

    Say "ni" to them?
     
Loading...