Warning: MHA = acahf hangout

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by tobyjones, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]om>,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    once

    > > > Why should you care?
    > >
    > > Because I believe there would be immense value in
    > > allowing truly free discussion of "alt health".
    >
    > Really? And what, pray tell, is preventing this "truly
    > free" discussion? Similarly, shouldn't a "truly free
    > discussion" actually mean "truly free discussion"? In
    > other words, shouldn't it mean a discussion that
    > encompasses those who are skeptical of alt-med as well as
    > its advocates?
    >
    > What about these alleged ACAHF members stops you or anyone
    > else from posting whatever they like or talking about
    > whatever they like?

    Toby just does not want anyone around who may be
    authoritative on the fraud of alternative medicine.

    > >Yet various things prevent it from happening, other than
    > >in rare instances.
    >
    > Really? What, specifically? Please be specific and include
    > an example or two.

    Good question. I have yet to see any of the Alties actually
    being stifled. I do not recall any Altie whose ISP yanked
    their account or a email service provider actually cancelled
    their service. Likewise, I have not seen any Alties'
    employer being contacted.

    > > The presence of acahf is yet another limiting factor.
    >
    > Really? How, specifically, does ACAHF "limit" a "truly
    > free" discussion? Please be specific and include an
    > example or two.

    Toby seems to "think" that a member of ACAHF does not
    have the same right to post and participate in m.h.a.
    that Toby does.

    > > > It is a free and open discussion of the pros and cons
    > > > of alternative health.
    > >
    > > Yes, it is not here for bounty hunters to sit back with
    > > their rifles, waiting for the next kill or culling.
    >
    > Oh, please. Stop whining. It really ill becomes you.

    That was her best argument....snicker....

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:30:01 GMT, Orac
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone who dissents or exhibits any skepticism at all
    > > towards even the wildest altie claims is immediately
    > > labeled an enemy, a representative of NCAHF, a paid
    > > stooge of the pharmaceutical companies,
    >
    > Or of being an atheist, jew or queer (or all three
    > at once)

    Interesting point...

    with JD's posting of Biblical passes indicating that Jesus
    is the only true G-d, I infer that she could readily beleive
    that Judiasm is an atheistic religion.