Warning! stupid question inside.

Jason B

Guest
will a 700c tire (or tyre to all those on the other side of the pond) fit a 27" wheel?

Jason B wrote:
> will a 700c tire (or tyre to all those on the other side of the pond) fit a 27" wheel?

Short answer - no.

Long answer (because its late here, and I have to stay up until two in the morning): If you bought
one from my local Asda (or Wallmart to all those on the other other side of the pond) about four
weeks ago it would, but that was just mislabelling. But it was only 1.24 uk pounds (less than two of
your dollars, I believe, unless you are Canadian).

Diameter of 700c rim: 622mm Diameter of 27"x 1 1/4 rim: 630mm

I would suggest it might require some serious stretching, or failing that just cut 4mm all the way
around the inside. Then throw away that tyre and get a 630mm one. Oh, and a new wheel if you went
overboard on the stretching.

Jim Price

Jim Price wrote:
> Jason B wrote:
>
>> will a 700c tire (or tyre to all those on the other side of the pond) fit a 27" wheel?
>

> Short answer - no.
>
><snipage> just cut 4mm all the way around the inside. Then throw away that tyre and get a 630mm
>one. Oh, and a new wheel if you went overboard on the stretching.
>
> Jim Price

Hmmm, cuting 4mm all the way around sounds tempting, but I think I'll just return the tire to the
LBS, smack the sales guy for selling it to me (he had the original wheel in his hand when he pulled
out the 700c tire) and get a 27". Thanks