Warning Time RXRS Failure - No Support from Time

Jason Hulme

Aug 2, 2012
HELP! I am having all sorts of issues with TIME, PBK and Chicken. I have a 6 month old RXRS Time Ulteam that cost me more than i can to admit. Over the past few months i have noticed flex in the rear which i could not pin point. I thouhght it might be the wheels, but it turns out it was more serious than that. This weekend the whole rear triangle collapsed! Complete fairure right at the bond join at the seat stays. This was when climbing, hear a pop and a few moments later the frame gave way. I was a good customer, registered the frame as soon as i got it, took care of it and was even a public supporter of TIME. I took it to the Local time dealer who agreed that it was a failure and should be covered under warranty. However, Time now say that PBK and Chicken are no longer dealers and will not honour the warranty. The were fine when i registered the frame, but now I need them to replace it they will not. For a frame of the cost of a TIME you would expect more. I can not believe that they would be so non supportive to thier customers.

To see how BAD the failure was take a look at this youtube video http://youtu.be/SALCBpG9y9Q

Please help! Jason

Also, since i complained about the lack of support they have banned me from posting on their facebook page. It seems like they just want to hide.

I wish you would hide. You've already another thread on this, and there's no objective report on why your frame failed, just your claims. It's unlikely any manufacture would ban anyone from their forums unless that special someone was a righteous a$$, James. Your story does have a curious stink about it.

wow ! I observed the frame has no scuff marks suggesting it was crashed- I concur it appears to be a manufacturer defect. pretty lousy way to treat a paying customer

laszlozoltan said:
wow ! I observed the frame has no scuff marks suggesting it was crashed- I concur it appears to be a manufacturer defect. pretty lousy way to treat a paying customer
You determined all that from the video. You must have superpowers. So, you've ruled out shipping damage or some other damage or impact that caused the failure, damage or an impact that escaped your astute, keen, engineering eyes.

yup; the op bought at authorized dealer- why should shipping or such be in his purview ? More than likely it is manufacturer defect and I would suggest it might appear they have invested in having some useless lackey defending their position rather than good qc and better pr

laszlozoltan said:
yup; the op bought at authorized dealer- why should shipping or such be in his purview ? More than likely it is manufacturer defect and I would suggest it might appear they have invested in having some useless lackey defending their position rather than good qc and better pr
There's no evidence it's a manufacturing defect. Further, the failure is very odd in that it's on the same side (drive side) of the seat stay junction, right chain stay, and left chain stay. That could indicate an impact from one side. It could be shipping issue, and it also might not be. There have been more than a few customers who tried to pawn off a crash or other screw up as a manufacturing error. Certainly it's not likely that a company finds it worth the effort to pay some lackey to do their bidding over one frame. Moreover, there's no real history of poor QC from Time or, for that matter, any of the major manufacturers. The fact is you've made assumptions that you can't back up or even justify. I'm saying we don't know the whole story. All we've got are poor photos and a poor video, all coupled with a single guy's claim. Perhaps you'd like to point fingers or name people with your "lackey" spew?