Warning to Performers & Models Wishing to Race in USAC Events

anontexan

Dec 3, 2007
A warning to performers and artists (particularly commercial actors and models): in order to obtain a the 2008 USAC license, you must consent to the following "media grant." Before obtaining or renewing your racing license, you might want to review this section with your attorney, clients and union representatives:
MEDIA GRANT
In consideration of and as a condition of USA Cycling Inc.'s (USAC) issuance of a license to me or acceptance of my applications for entry in events that it or Union Cycliste Internationale permits or sanctions, I grant to USAC and United States Olympic Committee (USOC), and their assigns, the right and a license to film, video, photograph, reproduce, publish, distribute and otherwise use and exploit by all means, in any medium and worldwide, my name and voice, pictures and likenesses of me, and biographical material on me. Under no circumstances shall such material be used in the manner of an endorsement of any product or service, or of any sport other than bicycle racing, without my consent. This Grant shall be binding upon me and my heirs and legal representatives. I am over 18 years of age or, if I am not, the above MEDIA GRANT must be printed and signed by both the minor and the minor's parent or guardian.