Warning to Southwest USA cyclists (especially Flagstaff)

[email protected] wrote:

> I'm looking around the groups.google.com interface and see no way to
> delete posts (only the ability to edit before posting). If you know of
> a way to delete stuff, then tell me, because I'd spend the next week
> deleting all my old **** (when I used to use my name). But I don't
> think you can do that though.

have you tried
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8380

imo, unless you have a really weird name, or like to post using your
social security number as your handle, perspective employers can't know
for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you. well, if
you post crazy stuff about sheep and then are applying to be a shepherd,
i can see that they might get suspicious.

h squared wrote:

> imo, unless you have a really weird name, or like to post using your
> social security number as your handle, perspective employers can't know
> for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you.

Dumbass -

I disagree.

Last time I applied for a job, the employer confused some other Kurgan
Gringioni with myself and actually hired me. It was very upsetting.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

h squared wrote:

> for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you. well, if
> you post crazy stuff about sheep and then are applying to be a shepherd,
> i can see that they might get suspicious.

Ronda Muldon, please take note.

--
IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz

Stu Fleming wrote:
> Ronda Muldon, please take note.

I thought in NZ it would be considered a job recommendation if the
shepherd was good at keeping the sheep happy.

"h squared" <[email protected]> ha scritto

> imo, unless you have a really weird name, or like to post using your
> social security number as your handle, perspective employers can't know
> for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you. well, if
> you post crazy stuff about sheep and then are applying to be a shepherd, i
> can see that they might get suspicious.

apropos to that.... melons : fruit picker

crit PRO says...

>The bigger question is when will Dave refund the stolen prize money he
>cheated his fellow bike racers out of at Superweek in July?

I bet you need plenty of baby wipes to clean up your keyboard, cause you are
obviously read hard for Dave.

h squared wrote:

> imo, unless you have a really weird name, or like to post using your
> social security number as your handle, perspective employers can't know
> for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you. well, if
> you post crazy stuff about sheep and then are applying to be a shepherd,
> i can see that they might get suspicious.

But there's always the possibility that your prospective employer
is either stupid or paranoid enough that they will not hire you,
even if the Googled freaky stuff is about someone other than you.

If you type my name into Google the first thing that comes up is

http://www.fecalface.com/artists/benjamin/index.html

which actually isn't me, and actually is more or less innocent
(it's an SF Bay Area art magazine), but the domain name sure sounds
like it's going to be something related to Mr. Goatse and/or illegal
in 37 states.

-Ben
imagine googling a prospective date and finding
a link to www.fecalface.com

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> If you type my name into Google the first thing that comes up is
>
> http://www.fecalface.com/artists/benjamin/index.html
>
> which actually isn't me, and actually is more or less innocent
> (it's an SF Bay Area art magazine), but the domain name sure sounds
> like it's going to be something related to Mr. Goatse and/or illegal
> in 37 states.
>
> -Ben
> imagine googling a prospective date and finding
> a link to www.fecalface.com

heh. A prospective date did google me and the first thing that came up
for her was this:

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/archives.html

No, it wasn't because I am a serial killer or mass murderer. But I had
told them about a local boy who had a body count of 13 and so deserved to
be on their site, and so they listed my name in the thank you's section.

Our date was lots of fun too -- chicks dig the bad boys, and even though
I wasn't bad enough to be on that website I was bad enough for her.

NS
not that dangerous

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>h squared wrote:
>
>> imo, unless you have a really weird name, or like to post using your
>> social security number as your handle, perspective employers can't know
>> for sure so easily that the freak they've googled is also you. well, if
>> you post crazy stuff about sheep and then are applying to be a shepherd,
>> i can see that they might get suspicious.

> But there's always the possibility that your prospective employer
> is either stupid or paranoid enough that they will not hire you,
> even if the Googled freaky stuff is about someone other than you.
>
> If you type my name into Google the first thing that comes up is
>
> http://www.fecalface.com/artists/benjamin/index.html
>
> which actually isn't me, and actually is more or less innocent
> (it's an SF Bay Area art magazine), but the domain name sure sounds
> like it's going to be something related to Mr. Goatse and/or illegal
> in 37 states.

Well I can believe the fecalface part but to tell you the truth I'm a little
too conservative to click on something that has that sort of title.

"Nev Shea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...

> heh. A prospective date did google me and the first thing that came up
> for her was this:
>
> http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/archives.html
>
> No, it wasn't because I am a serial killer or mass murderer. But I had
> told them about a local boy who had a body count of 13 and so deserved to
> be on their site, and so they listed my name in the thank you's section.
>
> Our date was lots of fun too -- chicks dig the bad boys, and even though
> I wasn't bad enough to be on that website I was bad enough for her.
>
> NS
> not that dangerous

Hey if that were the case I'd be swarmed with dates. If you try googling me
you'd get 20,000+ hits with lots of titles like "cyclingtom is a ratfaced
*******". Hell, you've probably posted a few of those yourself!