warning to those posting pics here

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by ~patches~, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    pass them off as their own. It is a form of intimidation when you tick
    off this person. I have reported this person to their isp and intend to
    take matters further. This is a warning if you post pics here, do not
    post anything personally identifying and do not post anything you
    wouldn't want stolen. This type of nonsense ruins it for a lot of
    people posting pics here through tinypics or other links. People in
    case anyone is wondering, pics of food even if uploaded to tinypic
    remain the property of the person who took the pic, period. Anyone who
    would stoop as low as to steal a pic is worse than dog sh*t on a shoe!

    PS. I hope the offender loves my new sig. That should give this piece
    of crap all the attention it craves!

    --
    A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of

    Tags:

  2. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:43:37 -0400, ~patches~
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >remain nameless at the moment...

    >A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    >posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    >crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    >gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    >rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

    In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    when she's ready.

    -sw

  3. On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:54:19 -0500, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:43:37 -0400, ~patches~
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >>remain nameless at the moment...

    >>A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    >>posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    >>crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    >>gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    >>rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

    >In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    >mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    >when she's ready.

    Holy cow! I've never known you to be two-faced, harrassing, stalking,
    or intimidating. What have I been missing all these years?

    Dayam!
    Carol

  4. ~patches~ wrote:
    > Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    > remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    > pass them off as their own. It is a form of intimidation when you tick
    > off this person. I have reported this person to their isp and intend to
    > take matters further. This is a warning if you post pics here, do not
    > post anything personally identifying and do not post anything you
    > wouldn't want stolen. This type of nonsense ruins it for a lot of
    > people posting pics here through tinypics or other links. People in
    > case anyone is wondering, pics of food even if uploaded to tinypic
    > remain the property of the person who took the pic, period. Anyone who
    > would stoop as low as to steal a pic is worse than dog sh*t on a shoe!
    >
    > PS. I hope the offender loves my new sig. That should give this piece
    > of crap all the attention it craves!

    Danger, Will Robinson!

    Someone's craving attention on usenet!

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    Adam Bowman wrote:
    >I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
    > then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
    > wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
    > messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
    > your intention?
    >
    > That type of argument is like
    >
    > "Bob shot someone"
    >
    > "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

  5. Serene

    Serene Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    >pass them off as their own. It is a form of intimidation when you tick
    >off this person. I have reported this person to their isp and intend to
    >take matters further. This is a warning if you post pics here, do not
    >post anything personally identifying and do not post anything you
    >wouldn't want stolen.

    Eh. I don't care. It doesn't hurt me if someone pretends my picture is
    theirs. But thanks for the warning nonetheless.

    serene

  6. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    ~patches~ wrote:
    > Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    > remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    > pass them off as their own.

    <snip>

    Huh? What did I miss? (Haven't had too much time to read rfc this
    weekend and have over 900 posts to go thru....)

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  7. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:43:37 -0400, ~patches~
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >>remain nameless at the moment...

    >>A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    >>posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    >>crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    >>gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    >>rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

    >In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    >mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    >when she's ready.
    >
    >-sw

    You are welcome to "steal" any pics I post. I'll take it as a
    compliment.

    Kathy-in-NZ

  8. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    ~patches~ wrote:
    > Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who
    > shall remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's
    > pics and pass them off as their own.

    I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but... are you nuts?! Is your
    photography of food so noteworthy that someone has to steal it? Good lord!

    Jill

  9. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:43:37 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, ~patches~
    <[email protected]> hit the crackpipe and declared:
    >Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    >pass them off as their own. It is a form of intimidation when you tick
    >off this person. I have reported this person to their isp and intend to
    >take matters further. This is a warning if you post pics here, do not
    >post anything personally identifying and do not post anything you
    >wouldn't want stolen. This type of nonsense ruins it for a lot of
    >people posting pics here through tinypics or other links. People in
    >case anyone is wondering, pics of food even if uploaded to tinypic
    >remain the property of the person who took the pic, period. Anyone who
    >would stoop as low as to steal a pic is worse than dog sh*t on a shoe!
    >
    >PS. I hope the offender loves my new sig. That should give this piece
    >of crap all the attention it craves!

    Seriously, are you off of your meds when you go on these little rips?

  10. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:59:55 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:54:19 -0500, Steve Wertz
    ><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    >>mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    >>when she's ready.

    >Holy cow! I've never known you to be two-faced, harrassing, stalking,
    >or intimidating. What have I been missing all these years?

    I'm two-faced when I'm drinking... err, no - that's shit-faced.

    I really don't have a clue WTF she's talking about. I just didn't
    want to be left out of anything that may contribute to a online,
    mental breakdown.

    My guess is we won't be seeing her here again anytime soon. If
    she really did have any dirt, I'm sure she thinks we (the Cabal)
    would side with this other Cabal member.

    -sw

  11. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 03:23:30 -0500, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:59:55 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:54:19 -0500, Steve Wertz
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    >>>mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    >>>when she's ready.

    >>Holy cow! I've never known you to be two-faced, harrassing, stalking,
    >>or intimidating. What have I been missing all these years?

    >I'm two-faced when I'm drinking... err, no - that's shit-faced.
    >
    >I really don't have a clue WTF she's talking about. I just didn't
    >want to be left out of anything that may contribute to a online,
    >mental breakdown.
    >
    >My guess is we won't be seeing her here again anytime soon. If
    >she really did have any dirt, I'm sure she thinks we (the Cabal)
    >would side with this other Cabal member.

    I made my suggestion earlier. That's all a person can do. <sigh>

    Peace,
    Carol

  12. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:

    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 00:43:37 -0400, ~patches~
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >>remain nameless at the moment...

    >>A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    >>posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    >>crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    >>gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    >>rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

    > In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    > mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    > when she's ready.
    >
    > -sw

    Bullsh*t! Nice try at a coverup but no dice.

    --
    A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

  13. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    cathyxyz wrote:

    > ~patches~ wrote:
    >
    >> Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who
    >> shall remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics
    >> and pass them off as their own.

    > <snip>
    >
    > Huh? What did I miss? (Haven't had too much time to read rfc this
    > weekend and have over 900 posts to go thru....)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)

    Some low life two faced piece of crap reposted my pizza pic as their
    own. I received a tip to check out the pic posted and sure enough it is
    my pic! Talk about a sorry excuse for a person.

    --
    A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

  14. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > ~patches~ wrote:
    >
    >>Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who
    >>shall remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's
    >>pics and pass them off as their own.

    > I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but... are you nuts?! Is your
    > photography of food so noteworthy that someone has to steal it? Good lord!
    >
    > Jill

    I'm not saying it is noteworthy or even good but it is mine. I can
    prove it is my pic. That idiot reposted it as theirs likely as a way to
    intimidate me or poke fun. Either way stealing someone else's pic then
    claiming it is theirs is just plain wrong! Some people really will
    stoop so low. And no I'm not nuts but thanks for your concern.

    --
    A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of
    crap likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This
    gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

  15. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    > remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and pass
    > them off as their own. It is a form of intimidation when you tick off
    > this person. I have reported this person to their isp and intend to take
    > matters further. This is a warning if you post pics here, do not post
    > anything personally identifying and do not post anything you wouldn't want
    > stolen. This type of nonsense ruins it for a lot of people posting pics
    > here through tinypics or other links. People in case anyone is wondering,
    > pics of food even if uploaded to tinypic remain the property of the person
    > who took the pic, period. Anyone who would stoop as low as to steal a pic
    > is worse than dog sh*t on a shoe!
    >
    > PS. I hope the offender loves my new sig. That should give this piece of
    > crap all the attention it craves!
    >
    > --
    > A two faced piece of crap posting on rec.food.cooking steals other
    > posters' pics posing them as their own. The same two faced piece of crap
    > likes to harass other posters and is an internet stalker. This gutless
    > wonder tries to use intimidation to get those not conforming to
    > rec.food.cooking standards to quit posting.

    Is this really such a major problem???

  16. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:59:55 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:54:19 -0500, Steve Wertz
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>In case anyone's wondering, It's *ME*. *I* did it. She didn't
    >>>mention how I used them though. I'll let her fill in the gaps,
    >>>when she's ready.

    >>Holy cow! I've never known you to be two-faced, harrassing, stalking,
    >>or intimidating. What have I been missing all these years?

    > I'm two-faced when I'm drinking... err, no - that's shit-faced.
    >
    > I really don't have a clue WTF she's talking about. I just didn't
    > want to be left out of anything that may contribute to a online,
    > mental breakdown.

    nyms. That is my pic. I got a tip to check it out.

    > My guess is we won't be seeing her here again anytime soon. If
    > she really did have any dirt, I'm sure she thinks we (the Cabal)
    > would side with this other Cabal member.
    >
    > -sw

    Oh you'll be seeing plenty of me around here. That piece of crap is
    going to be seeing even more!

    --
    A two faced, low-life, sorry excuse for a person, posting on
    rec.food.cooking steals other posters' pics posing them as their own.
    The same two faced piece of crap likes to harass other posters and is an
    internet stalker. This gutless wonder tries to use intimidation to
    harass other posters on rec.food.

  17. ~patches~ <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    > remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    > pass them off as their own.

    So where do they pass them off at? I doubt their ISP will do much of
    anything unless you copyright your pics.

    Michael

    --
    "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
    served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

    --Calvin Trillin

  18. Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> hitched up their
    panties and posted news:[email protected]:

    > Holy cow! I've never known you to be two-faced, harrassing, stalking,
    > or intimidating. What have I been missing all these years?
    >
    > Dayam!
    > Carol

    I was thinking the same thing about Steve.

    Michael

    --
    "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
    served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
    found."

    --Calvin Trillin

  19. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > ~patches~ <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >> remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    >> pass them off as their own.

    > So where do they pass them off at? I doubt their ISP will do much of
    > anything unless you copyright your pics.

    Such things are copyrighted automatically as soon as they are fixed in
    permanent media. As soon as she saved the pictures on film/disk, they
    were copyrighted. However, she'll be required to prove that the pictures
    are indeed hers, created by her from start to finish, before anything
    else can be done.

  20. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > ~patches~ <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Do not post any pic that you don't want stolen here! Someone who shall
    >> remain nameless at the moment likes to steal other people's pics and
    >> pass them off as their own.

    > So where do they pass them off at? I doubt their ISP will do much of
    > anything unless you copyright your pics.
    >
    > Michael

    Actually, the pic is copyrighted automatically. The ISP will do
    something, (they will shut down the website, probably before they even
    investigate) but only if the copyright holder frames it as a DMCA
    violation -- and doesn't act like a nutcase when she contacts them (this
    last part is why I haven't suggested it yet)

    Best regards,
    Bob