warped rollers

Bug Smasher

Sep 11, 2003
I've owned a set of rollers for a few years with no problem, but when I tried them the other day there was a huge vibration. When I inspected the rollers, I saw that ALL the rollers were uneven by just a couple of millimetres, but enough to cause the bike to practically bounce.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? I haven't attempted to disassemble the rollers. It almost seems that the plastic surface (or tubing or whatever the roller is) has warped for some reason.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Bug Smasher
I've owned a set of rollers for a few years with no problem, but when I tried them the other day there was a huge vibration. When I inspected the rollers, I saw that ALL the rollers were uneven by just a couple of millimetres, but enough to cause the bike to practically bounce.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can it be fixed? I haven't attempted to disassemble the rollers. It almost seems that the plastic surface (or tubing or whatever the roller is) has warped for some reason.

Thanks.
Heat will cause this problem a good site for more info is
http://www.graberproducts.com/default.asp?module=cycle&navSection=cycle
I was given an old set of Rollers that had been left out in the sun
the PVC rollers had been warped a few millimetres and it feel like that you were riding on the pave. The more expansive ones have aluminium rollers. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. You may be right. I recently moved and have been storing my rollers on my balcony. It doesn't get a lot of sun, but I noticed it does get some. I thought it was sheltered by the overhang, but I guess not. Drat!

Anyone want a used set of rollers? Cheap! Great for motor pacing behind a motorcycle or for a boat launch! :D