Warped Vitus Top Tube

Guy F. Anderson Sr.

Guest
I have a red anodized Vitus 992 frame with a slightly warped (bent
upward) top tube, which is otherwise in excellent condition. Is it
possible to have it straightened, or will it need to be replaced? Who
is capable of handling this repair?

Thanks!

Guy F. Anderson Sr. wrote:
> I have a red anodized Vitus 992 frame with a slightly warped (bent
> upward) top tube, which is otherwise in excellent condition. Is it
> possible to have it straightened, or will it need to be replaced? Who
> is capable of handling this repair?

Replace the tube or get a new frame, if that tube is alu. Did the bike
get front-ended?

Guy F. Anderson Sr. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a red anodized Vitus 992 frame with a slightly warped (bent
> upward) top tube, which is otherwise in excellent condition. Is it
> possible to have it straightened, or will it need to be replaced? Who
> is capable of handling this repair?

It should be possible to get the tube or tubes replaced- it seems like
when one tube of a frame is damaged there should be a high probability
of another tube in the diamond also being off. I don't know about
getting red anodizing on the replaced tubes.

These guys should be able to do the job:

H.H. Racing Group
801 N. Providence Road
Media, PA 19063

email is [email protected]

Sadly, there is the question of whether the repair is worth pursuing.
You might want to look for a replacement frame on ebay. A single tube
replacement is probably cost effective, two tubes might be getting
iffy, according to the prices on
http://www.hhracinggroup.com/services.htm , $135/tube.

JP

says...
>I have a red anodized Vitus 992 frame with a slightly warped (bent
>upward) top tube, which is otherwise in excellent condition. Is it
>possible to have it straightened, or will it need to be replaced? Who
>is capable of handling this repair?

It is probably fixable. How did the tube get bent?
Alex