warraday!!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift rota means I'm not at
    work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the local canal towpath system on
    me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a loop. A very pleasant couple of hours
    ahead, I suspect ;-) Dave.

    Tags:

  2. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    news:p[email protected]...
    > Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift
    rota
    > means I'm not at work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the local
    > canal towpath system on me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a loop.
    > very pleasant couple of hours ahead, I suspect ;-) Dave.

    I'm off around Richmond Park a couple of times, and then probably come back via the thames
    towpath :)

  3. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, elyob wrote:

    > I'm off around Richmond Park a couple of times, and then probably come back via the thames
    > towpath :)

    Woo for richmond park! Thats what I shall mostly be doin' later.

    Shame the cagers arent locked out until 8 or so these days.

    -Alex

    --
    ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

  4. Congokid

    Congokid Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, elyob
    <[email protected]> writes

    >"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:p[email protected]...
    >> Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift
    >rota
    >> means I'm not at work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the local
    >> canal towpath system on me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a loop.
    >> very pleasant couple of hours ahead, I suspect ;-)

    >I'm off around Richmond Park a couple of times, and then probably come back via the thames
    >towpath :)

    I'm hungover and stayed at home while my visitors went off to the Tower, or something. Might get
    some cycling in tomorrow once my guests leave and next week. I need to take pics of some more of
    London's attractions.

    --
    congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

  5. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    news:p[email protected]...
    > Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift
    rota
    > means I'm not at work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the local
    > canal towpath system on me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a loop.
    > very pleasant couple of hours ahead, I suspect ;-) Dave.

    Absolutely superb. I got three hours in this morning due to today being a long booked days holiday.
    I would have gone further but my legs fell off :) Its an indication of how behind I am this year
    that 90 miles in two days can make me completely knackered. Still its early yet. All the best.

    Stan Cox

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift
    > rota
    > > means I'm not at work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the
    > > local canal
    towpath
    > > system on me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a
    loop.
    > > very pleasant couple of hours ahead, I suspect ;-) Dave.
    > >

    > Absolutely superb. I got three hours in this morning due to today being a long booked days
    > holiday. I would have gone further but my legs fell off
    :)
    > Its an indication of how behind I am this year that 90 miles in two days
    can
    > make me completely knackered. Still its early yet. All the best.
    >
    > Stan Cox

    Thanks Stan !...out for a couple of 'very nice' hours...best part was checking out all the cagers
    stuck in stationary traffic on the M6 southbound from the canal towpath. Took a big swig on my
    Ribena (low sugar) tinged hydrapack, gave them a big smile and wended <s?> my not so weary way.
    Worked the loop out and can't wait to take my younger son around. Unfortunately he's at Cadbury
    World today with a holiday club, so probably won't be in any shape for a several hour ride when he
    gets back ;-(....ah well, soon enough ;-) Dave.

  7. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    news:p[email protected]...
    > Well, mid-April, warmest day of the year so far and my part-time shift
    rota
    > means I'm not at work....oh joy!! I'm off, in shorts and t-shirt, for a ride around the local
    > canal towpath system on me ultr-comfy/light full-susser to see if I can work out a loop.
    > very pleasant couple of hours ahead, I suspect ;-) Dave.

    I did a long ride yesterday so I rested today in the garden eating donuts and drinking beer.

    Luverly.

  8. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    elyob wrote:

    >I'm off around Richmond Park a couple of times, and then probably come back via the thames
    >towpath :)

    A very pleasant afternoon. Greenwich to Dartford along the Thames Path - and back again. It was with
    caution I passed the paving slab factory in Erith while wearing my b*b sh*rts.
    --
    remove remove to reply

  9. Congokid

    Congokid Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Gonzalez
    <[email protected]> writes

    > It was with caution I passed the paving slab
    > factory in Erith while wearing my b*b sh*rts.

    What's wrong with Bob Shirts anyway?

    --
    congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

  10. >What's wrong with Bob Shirts anyway?

    I don't see a problem with Bob Shirts either. On the other hand ...

    Cheers, helen s :)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  11. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    congokid <[email protected]> wrote in news: [email protected]:

    > What's wrong with Bob Shirts anyway?

    I think they should have stuck to prams and bike trailers.

    ...sorry, I'll put the above comment down to running a 39.5C fever on the first day of my holiday
    and feeling rather sorry for myself as it is beautiful outside. Daytime TV is total cr*p, even worse
    than the evening stuff. Thank goodness for Radio 4.

    Have (hot, sweaty, delirious) fun!

    Graeme