warranty frame replacement

wow

Jun 16, 2004
so i found a crack in my frame and when i took it back to the shop, the only replacement frame that was avaible was an specialized s-works frame...so of course, i'm going to take it.

But i just thought of this...will they only replace the frame and not the fork? cause now i'm thinking about how hidious my bike is going to look with the fork and the frame not matching. granted, there is no way i'm going to reject the s-works frame considering i only paid around $600 for my entire bike.

Is there anyway i can get the fork painted to match, or will a new fork be expensive???

wow said:
so i found a crack in my frame and when i took it back to the shop, the only replacement frame that was avaible was an specialized s-works frame...so of course, i'm going to take it.

But i just thought of this...will they only replace the frame and not the fork? cause now i'm thinking about how hidious my bike is going to look with the fork and the frame not matching. granted, there is no way i'm going to reject the s-works frame considering i only paid around $600 for my entire bike.

Is there anyway i can get the fork painted to match, or will a new fork be expensive???

They should replace the fork along with the frame. They may want to charge you for the upgrade, or give you a choice of waiting for the exact replacement frame to come in. Are you sure the S-works frame is new, and in your size?

Strange that they would sell you a new frame with a crack in it....really doubt Specialized sent it from the factory this way.

dhk said:
They should replace the fork along with the frame. They may want to charge you for the upgrade, or give you a choice of waiting for the exact replacement frame to come in. Are you sure the S-works frame is new, and in your size?

Strange that they would sell you a new frame with a crack in it....really doubt Specialized sent it from the factory this way.

The S-works frame is new and is coming directly from specialized. They said there was no charge because it had just boughten the bike and they are out of the 2004 frames and so they just gave me the next 2004 frame they had left in my size.

I kind of wonder if the shop had already knew about the crack and hoped i wouldn't see it. i don't really care now though cause i'm getting a better frame out of it...but believe me when i say that i was mad when i got home and found the crack. :p

anyawys, thanks for answering my question - I'm excited now that i know that they're going to replace the fork too!

Wow! Even if they don't give you a new fork, the upgrade from a $600 bike to an S-works is awesome. I'd be grinning from ear to ear for a least a week. If you do have to buy a fork, it may cost you some more $$, but the upgrade in frame would more than offset the cost. Hopefully they will replace the fork for you though, so that would be even better. You hit it very lucky when you got unlucky with the first frame. Enjoy the new stuff!

Why should they give someone a new fork? I can't understand that reasoning. If your brakes were broke, would they give you a new chain? You replace the broken part, which is the frame. Nothing more should be expected, right?