Was there ever an OLN recap special for the TDF?

Jean S. Barto

Guest
Hi folks--

Was there ever an OLN TDF recap special? As I recall, there was supposed to
be one on July 30th, but Floyd's problems had already surface by then, and I
think it didn't air. Has there been anything on since? Although I get OLN
on my cable, the show lineup on some channels via my TiVo can be inaccurate
at times--I have found this to be an issue before with OLN.

Perhaps something was on in the last few days, and I never saw it? Or, OLN
pulled it for the moment?

Just wondering--

Jean in VA

Jean S. Barto wrote:
> Hi folks--
>
> Was there ever an OLN TDF recap special? As I recall, there was supposed to
> be one on July 30th, but Floyd's problems had already surface by then, and I
> think it didn't air. Has there been anything on since? Although I get OLN
> on my cable, the show lineup on some channels via my TiVo can be inaccurate
> at times--I have found this to be an issue before with OLN.
>
> Perhaps something was on in the last few days, and I never saw it? Or, OLN
> pulled it for the moment?
>
> Just wondering--
>
> Jean in VA

No. the OLN website messageboard has a number of posts from people
complaining about OLN pulling the promised show. no one is impressed.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Jean S. Barto wrote:
>> Hi folks--
>>
>> Was there ever an OLN TDF recap special? As I recall, there was supposed
>> be one on July 30th, but Floyd's problems had already surface by then,
>> and I
>> think it didn't air. Has there been anything on since? Although I get
>> OLN
>> on my cable, the show lineup on some channels via my TiVo can be
>> inaccurate
>> at times--I have found this to be an issue before with OLN.
>>
>> Perhaps something was on in the last few days, and I never saw it? Or,
>> OLN
>> pulled it for the moment?
>>
>> Just wondering--
>>
>> Jean in VA

> No. the OLN website messageboard has a number of posts from people
> complaining about OLN pulling the promised show. no one is impressed.

Now why would the pull the show?? ;-)

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote...

> Now why would the pull the show?? ;-)

On the contrary, it's a perfect opportunity for them to step up to the plate
about he issue of doping. They're candyasses.

--
Deutschland Snippy
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;

"Snippy Bobkins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote...
>>>

>> Now why would the pull the show?? ;-)

> On the contrary, it's a perfect opportunity for them to step up to the
> plate about he issue of doping. They're candyasses.

Of course they're candyasses. But if they did, Bobke would be under
pressure to tell what he knows. And what would they do with Frankie for
color commentary? "Here's a testosterone patch. You put it on your scrotum
like this............."

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Snippy Bobkins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote...
> >>>
> >> Now why would the pull the show?? ;-)

> > On the contrary, it's a perfect opportunity for them to step up to the
> > plate about he issue of doping. They're candyasses.
> >

> Of course they're candyasses. But if they did, Bobke would be under
> pressure to tell what he knows. And what would they do with Frankie for
> color commentary? "Here's a testosterone patch. You put it on your scrotum
> like this............."

phil and the gang probabally produced the segment under contract before
the story broke; they, having done the work, asked for more money to
produce a revised segment which natually was declined by oln. oln has
been very quiet about the entire issue- so you have to suspect their
involvement in pulling it. just a guess.

> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > "Snippy Bobkins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote...

> > > On the contrary, it's a perfect opportunity for them to step up to the
> > > plate about he issue of doping. They're candyasses.
> > >

> > Of course they're candyasses. But if they did, Bobke would be under
> > pressure to tell what he knows. And what would they do with Frankie for
> > color commentary? "Here's a testosterone patch. You put it on your scrotum
> > like this............."

> phil and the gang probabally produced the segment under contract before
> the story broke; they, having done the work, asked for more money to
> produce a revised segment which natually was declined by oln. oln has
> been very quiet about the entire issue- so you have to suspect their
> involvement in pulling it. just a guess.

They're just waiting for the final results.

>> phil and the gang probabally produced the segment under contract before
>> the story broke; they, having done the work, asked for more money to
>> produce a revised segment which natually was declined by oln. oln has
>> been very quiet about the entire issue- so you have to suspect their
>> involvement in pulling it. just a guess.

> They're just waiting for the final results.

So I guess we can expect that to **possibly** air just before next years
tour. But maybe not until before the 2008 tour.

Fred