Was Virenque wearing a LAF bracelet?

zperrys

Jun 16, 2004
It appeared that Richard Virenque was wearing a yellow wristband in his victory yesterday. It looked very much like a LAF "Live Strong" wristband. Is that true? Or what that yellow wristband something else?

Most riders in the peleton are wearing Live Strong bands (in fact, I can only think of noticing the Euskaltel team for not wearing them). Most of the DS and other people involved in the teams are wearing them too. My bet it that US Postal took a load other with them and gave/sold them to everyone by way of publicity.

I want one. Is it possible to get hold of one in the UK?

It's more than the bracelets. There's a whole yellow colored truck for the LAF foundation, with a huge picture of LA on its side.

kriegslust said:
Most riders in the peleton are wearing Live Strong bands (in fact, I can only think of noticing the Euskaltel team for not wearing them). Most of the DS and other people involved in the teams are wearing them too. My bet it that US Postal took a load other with them and gave/sold them to everyone by way of publicity.

You can get 'em at any NikeTown store.

kriegslust said:

Kriegslust,

The bands are much more than a fashion statement. They are for a really good cause.

Go to www.laf.org and you can order them there. 100% of the money goes towards cancer research!

kriegslust said:

>>>>

Not sure about the UK but you can buy them online (minimum 10 to an order online though), from:

http://www.wearyellow.com

or

http://www.livestrong.org

or http://www.laf.org

HellonWheels said:
>>>>

Not sure about the UK but you can buy them online (minimum 10 to an order online though), from:

Yeah, they post to the UK, but postage is $8.91. You do get 10 postcards as well.

I have a whole box of them right here, its a shame! I have friends in Ulster, I was thinking about sending them some, maybe they could drop one off to you too?

BTW if you have small wrists (6 inches or under), you need the YOUTH size. I originally bought the adult size and it was WAY too big (I have teeny wrists).

HellonWheels said:
I have a whole box of them right here, its a shame! I have friends in Ulster, I was thinking about sending them some, maybe they could drop one off to you too?

(Replied privately - thanks for kind offer!)

belfast-biker said:
Yeah, they post to the UK, but postage is $8.91. You do get 10 postcards as well.
I tried ordering some this morning, but it seems they're no longer doing the 10-pack of adult sizes, you have to buy a huge amount...

dakegra said:
I tried ordering some this morning, but it seems they're no longer doing the 10-pack of adult sizes, you have to buy a huge amount...
>>>

I have only a few left....about 5 adult and 8 youth. Are they really not selling the 10 pack? I was at the site yesterday and they said all the quantities are "back ordered". Try ordering the 10 pack, see what they tell you! Might just back order them.

NOTE: I just went to the site. The 10 pack of bracelets are STILL avalable just back ordered (as I thought.) See link below. They said they expect the next shipment to be in in August and if you order them now you will get them once they arrive at their HQ.

http://store.laf.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=43

wheresullrich? said:
my advice is try gettin em on ebay theres loads

Or you could go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation web site and make a donation. It's a tax write-off (if you're in the USA) and I think they send you some of the wrist bands if you do. Regardless of what you think about LA as a competitor, he has done a lot for cancer research and he serves as a true inspiration for many cancer patients. The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a very worthy cause.

meehs said:
Or you could go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation web site and make a donation. It's a tax write-off (if you're in the USA) and I think they send you some of the wrist bands if you do. Regardless of what you think about LA as a competitor, he has done a lot for cancer research and he serves as a true inspiration for many cancer patients. The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a very worthy cause.

At Paris, there was loads of people selling them - official people I mean.

Just had to look for the big yellow balloons...

See?