Washing bib-shorts in a machines that use agitators?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robert Nicholso, May 27, 2003.

  1. Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?

    In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Robert Nicholson
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
    >
    >In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

    You could use a "delicates bag" - mesh sack you zip them into before washing. Never needed it
    myself, I just throw them in and turn it on.

    --Paul

  3. Steve C.

    Steve C. Guest

    My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you can get this from WalMart.

  4. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > You could use a "delicates bag"

    I use them for washing my bibshorts, keeps the elastic stitching from getting tangled in other
    clothes etc.

    news:hOPAa.35449$A%[email protected]...

  5. On 27 May 2003 12:59:41 -0700, [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote:

    >Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
    >
    >In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

    I've been doing it for years with great results.

    My trick involves the dryer, DON'T put the bibs in! Air dry bike clothes.

    Barry

  6. Now that's a good idea. Does anybody know why you buy such things?

    CVS/Wallgreens Pharmacy perhaps?

    [email protected] (Paul Southworth) wrote in message
    news:<hOPAa.35449$A%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Robert Nicholson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
    > >
    > >In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.
    >
    > You could use a "delicates bag" - mesh sack you zip them into before washing. Never needed it
    > myself, I just throw them in and turn it on.
    >
    > --Paul

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Robert Nicholson
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Now that's a good idea. Does anybody know why you buy such things?
    >
    >CVS/Wallgreens Pharmacy perhaps?

    k-mart, target, etc. even some grocery stores.

  8. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Steve C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you
    can
    > get this from WalMart.

    Sheesh. First I have to ask my wife for leg shaving tips, next I'm borrowing her panty
    hose/delicates bag.

    What's next?

    :)

    Lee

  9. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > On 27 May 2003 12:59:41 -0700, [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote:
    >
    >> Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
    >>
    >> In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.
    >
    > I've been doing it for years with great results.
    >
    > My trick involves the dryer, DON'T put the bibs in! Air dry bike clothes.
    >
    > Barry

    Do you spin yours or wring them out by hand before hanging them. I've been spinning them until now
    but it seems that they are getting more costly every time so now I'm really thinking about making
    them as longlived as possible.

    --
    Perre

  10. Lee wrote:
    > "Steve C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you can get this from
    >> WalMart.
    >>

    > Sheesh. First I have to ask my wife for leg shaving tips, next I'm borrowing her panty
    > hose/delicates bag.
    >
    > What's next?
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Lee

    Just beware of Tupperware partys.

    --
    Perre

  11. [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?

    > In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

    I always hand wash my bike clothes. They last longer this way and as expensive as they are these
    days I'd rather spend a few minutes after each ride hand washing them than having to replace
    them sooner.

    Bruce
    --
    Bruce Jackson - Sr. Systems Programmer - DMSP, a M/A/R/C Group company

  12. Ken

    Ken Guest

    [email protected] (Bruce Jackson) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > I always hand wash my bike clothes.

    Me too. Just leave a little bottle of laundry soap in the shower. Rub a little into your shorts
    after riding and let it rinse off while you're showering. Jerseys don't need much more than a
    rinsing. Hang them up to drip dry.

  13. On Wed, 28 May 2003 16:12:06 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do you spin yours or wring them out by hand before hanging them. I've been spinning them until now
    >but it seems that they are getting more costly every time so now I'm really thinking about making
    >them as longlived as possible.

    Spin.

    My bibs include high-end Castelli, so I'm aware of the price.

    Barry

  14. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "Bruce Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:4f414[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
    >
    > > In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.
    >
    > I always hand wash my bike clothes. They last longer this way and as expensive as they are these
    > days I'd rather spend a few minutes after each ride hand washing them than having to replace
    > them sooner.

    Take them into the shower with you after the ride and lather them up. Do not wring (squeezing is
    ok). Hang to dry.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]