Washing bib-shorts in a machines that use agitators?

Robert Nicholso

Guest
Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?

In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

In article <[email protected]>, Robert Nicholson
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
>
>In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

You could use a "delicates bag" - mesh sack you zip them into before washing. Never needed it
myself, I just throw them in and turn it on.

--Paul

My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you can get this from WalMart.

> You could use a "delicates bag"

I use them for washing my bibshorts, keeps the elastic stitching from getting tangled in other
clothes etc.

news:hOPAa.35449$A%[email protected]...

On 27 May 2003 12:59:41 -0700, [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote:

>Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
>
>In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

I've been doing it for years with great results.

My trick involves the dryer, DON'T put the bibs in! Air dry bike clothes.

Barry

Now that's a good idea. Does anybody know why you buy such things?

CVS/Wallgreens Pharmacy perhaps?

"Steve C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you
can
> get this from WalMart.

Sheesh. First I have to ask my wife for leg shaving tips, next I'm borrowing her panty
hose/delicates bag.

What's next?

:)

Lee

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
> On 27 May 2003 12:59:41 -0700, [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote:
>
>> Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
>>
>> In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.
>
> I've been doing it for years with great results.
>
> My trick involves the dryer, DON'T put the bibs in! Air dry bike clothes.
>
> Barry

Do you spin yours or wring them out by hand before hanging them. I've been spinning them until now
but it seems that they are getting more costly every time so now I'm really thinking about making
them as longlived as possible.

--
Perre

Lee wrote:
> "Steve C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> My wife has a mesh bag that she uses to wash her panty hose. I think you can get this from
>> WalMart.
>>

> Sheesh. First I have to ask my wife for leg shaving tips, next I'm borrowing her panty
> hose/delicates bag.
>
> What's next?
>
> :)
>
> Lee

Just beware of Tupperware partys.

--
Perre

[email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?

> In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.

I always hand wash my bike clothes. They last longer this way and as expensive as they are these
days I'd rather spend a few minutes after each ride hand washing them than having to replace
them sooner.

Bruce
--
Bruce Jackson - Sr. Systems Programmer - DMSP, a M/A/R/C Group company

[email protected] (Bruce Jackson) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> I always hand wash my bike clothes.

Me too. Just leave a little bottle of laundry soap in the shower. Rub a little into your shorts
after riding and let it rinse off while you're showering. Jerseys don't need much more than a
rinsing. Hang them up to drip dry.

On Wed, 28 May 2003 16:12:06 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you spin yours or wring them out by hand before hanging them. I've been spinning them until now
>but it seems that they are getting more costly every time so now I'm really thinking about making
>them as longlived as possible.

Spin.

My bibs include high-end Castelli, so I'm aware of the price.

Barry

"Bruce Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Robert Nicholson) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > Any tricks to take care of the suspenders when washing them in machines that have agitators?
>
> > In my building we have a communual laundry and last time I looked all machines use agitators.
>
> I always hand wash my bike clothes. They last longer this way and as expensive as they are these
> days I'd rather spend a few minutes after each ride hand washing them than having to replace
> them sooner.

Take them into the shower with you after the ride and lather them up. Do not wring (squeezing is
ok). Hang to dry.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]