washing bib shorts

dorian

Jul 16, 2003
I have been hand washing my bibs in the sink with cold water and ivory bar soap. This gets them clean, but not quite 100%. I think I may need a detergent.

I'm wondering what other people do?

-Dorian

Originally posted by dorian
I have been hand washing my bibs in the sink with cold water and ivory bar soap. This gets them clean, but not quite 100%. I think I may need a detergent.

I'm wondering what other people do?

-Dorian

Tide 'Free' detergent, and line dry.

I just toss them in the laundry basket and next time I need them I find them washed and folded along with the rest of my clycling stuff. So I dunno. The little woman does them.

Sweet arrangement you have working for you there Concord. Does she wash your bicycle when you get back from riding too? :)

There's no reason you can't put your bibs (or any other cycling clothes) in the washer with everything else. If you're worried about making them last longer then wash them in cold water, line dry, keep them away from velcro and don't yank on them when you put them on.

I've always just tossed all my cycling/other lycra gear in a cold wash, and dried em over my shower curtain rod.

I use uncented/undyed or hippie-natural detergent anyways so there's no problem.

Bam.

I bought a sweater bag that is made of mesh. This prevents the straps from getting caught in the mechanism of the machine wash and tangling with other clothes.

Originally posted by Jakebrake
Sweet arrangement you have working for you there Concord. Does she wash your bicycle when you get back from riding too? :)
The arrangement works very well, she picks up after me, cooks, washes dishes and cleans house. I go to work and hand over my pay check, but she won't true my wheels or clean the drive train. I'm happy with it.

I chuck mine in the washing machine, put a bit of washing powder in for good measure, start the machine and then wait until they've been washed. A rather excellent invention :)

Washing machine... on a gentle cycle.. in to the dryer on a "Synthetics" setting.. works fine for the past 3 years...

My Santini bibs ain't holding up well with the machine (I think). Anyone else having this prob?