Washing bibshorts

jjiam25

Jun 29, 2005
Hey, I thought I'm gonna get the "best" bibshorts out there, so I ordered an Assos FI.13 S2 and it came today, man it does look to be the best chamois I've ever seen, but heres my question, I have used Voler shorts and have washed them with all the other clothes in the washing machine, now after about 6 months or so they are getting holes in them. So here goes do you guys handwash your shorts or do you put them in the washing machine alone or with a few items and put it on delicate, I want to protect my huge investment, so I don't want holes prematurely!

jjiam25 said:
Hey, I thought I'm gonna get the "best" bibshorts out there, so I ordered an Assos FI.13 S2 and it came today, man it does look to be the best chamois I've ever seen, but heres my question, I have used Voler shorts and have washed them with all the other clothes in the washing machine, now after about 6 months or so they are getting holes in them. So here goes do you guys handwash your shorts or do you put them in the washing machine alone or with a few items and put it on delicate, I want to protect my huge investment, so I don't want holes prematurely!

Hand wash, hang dry.

Always always always hand wash.
Rinse and slighty wring out excess water.
Roll tightly in a towel. The towel will absorb more water.
Leave for about an hour, then hang to dry.
Treat them kindly and they will last for years!

jjiam25 said:
I handwash my shorts and jerseys in the sink with Woolite after every ride. Cold water. Hand wash. Hang dry. They last longest, don't shrink, and don't fade one bit.

Handwashing is a waste of time. Any decent washing machine has a delicate cycle. Wash with warm water, put any synthetic bicycle related attire (socks, jerseys) in the same load. Then air/hang dry. I have seven year old Pearl Izumi shorts and jersey still in great shape.