washing out embrocations in clothing

vio765

Jan 20, 2005
I use Quoleum Medium embrocation now and again, sometimes under knee warmers. I am worried about it damaging the fabric over time. Does anyone know of detergents or other things that are designed to remove the embrocation from cycling clothing?

vio765 said:
I use Quoleum Medium embrocation now and again, sometimes under knee warmers. I am worried about it damaging the fabric over time. Does anyone know of detergents or other things that are designed to remove the embrocation from cycling clothing?

I don't know what's in that embrocation, but I suspect it'll wash out easily with Sport Wash or summat.

I've used Tiger Balm, Doctor Hoy's stuff, peppermint oil, and others without ever having any issues.

vio765 said:

Check the ingredients. If they are water based(probably) they will wash out w/o problem with normal warm water, normal detergents..Don't dry them!!

Quoleum is very oil based. It is a pain to wash it off my hands and legs. That is the main reason I am asking people. On the other hand, when I wash my bibs, I don't feel any of the oil in the fabric, but i am still weary that a little oil will still remain and possible build up over time.