Washington, DC Area Bike Shops

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by HugeBob, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. HugeBob

    HugeBob Guest

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know of a bicycle shop in the Washington, DC area with a
    wide selection of road shoes? The shop I go to regularly (College Park
    Bicycles) doesn't have a wide selection. But, they've got a good
    selection of bikes and they're good at maintenance and repairs. Fit is
    very important and buying shoes on line can be a pricey and time
    consuming affair: return shipping costs and restocking fees.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. veelz

    veelz Guest

    I would try the Bicycle Place on Grubb Road near Kennsington and Chevy
    Chase. When I worked there they had usually a lot of options. Shoes
    are tough for shops, I once had a rep tell me that a store has to stock
    around 20 shoes of similar sizes and different models just to sell one
    pair correctly to a customer. Hope it helps.

    Scott

    HugeBob wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a bicycle shop in the Washington, DC area with a
    > wide selection of road shoes? The shop I go to regularly (College Park
    > Bicycles) doesn't have a wide selection. But, they've got a good
    > selection of bikes and they're good at maintenance and repairs. Fit is
    > very important and buying shoes on line can be a pricey and time
    > consuming affair: return shipping costs and restocking fees.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    HugeBob wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a bicycle shop in the Washington, DC area with a
    > wide selection of road shoes? The shop I go to regularly (College Park
    > Bicycles) doesn't have a wide selection. But, they've got a good
    > selection of bikes and they're good at maintenance and repairs. Fit is
    > very important and buying shoes on line can be a pricey and time
    > consuming affair: return shipping costs and restocking fees.

    http://www.bicycleproshop.com/bikes.html
    On M Street in Georgetown near the Key Bridge

  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I got this from the horse's mouth 4 y'all:

    "we have never had anyone we could not fit and have been fitting even
    the toughest feet for almost 30 years
    We are one of the few shops in the country that offers the Rocket 7
    custom made-to-order shoes as well.
    With advance notice, we can bring our rocket 7 fitting kit to college
    Park from the other shop or print out a tracing form for custom
    shoes. These are a great value at less than $199 per foot"

    hth