Watching the Tour de France

triplover

Jun 18, 2003
My friends and I have planned a tour through the Pyrenees for two weeks, and watching two stages of the Tour. Due to some injuries and changes in other people's travel plans, there are now a few spaces open on the trip. Following are the basic details, but if anyone is interested, drop me a note for more information. This is a trip NOT to be missed! HURRY as we are about to start releasing unsold rooms.

Tour Support: Andiamo Adventours. We used this company for our 2002 trip to Tuscany and they were GREAT!!!

Place: Pyrenees, France. Start and end in Biarritz.

Dates: July 12-27. This means you will have a hotel room the night of the 12th and you depart Biarritz on the 27th. There is a planned ride every day from the 13th through the 26th, although you may choose any day you wish to rest. the group will depart Biarritz on bikes on July 14th.

Includes: 16 nights lodging, all breakfasts, 11-12 dinners. All airport transfers and transfer of luggage to each hotel. Vans are passenger vans so you can sag when need be. Hotels are 2- and 3-star hotels (B&Bs really) with private, in-room baths. In France, 2-star is pretty nice, and 3-star is really nice, but not luxury. Route maps and route sheets. Phone cards. Typically, at least one of the two vans will follow the group each day.

Expect to see TWO mountain stages of the Tour de France and have the opportunity to see the riders training on their rest day.

Mileage: Average between 50-80 miles per day, with many long climbs such as the Tourmalet, Superbagneres, Col d'Aspin, the Hautacam and others. Each route sheet will have long and short options.

If you're interested, email me for me info.