Watching the Tour in Brussels

RoyalDutchShell

Nov 1, 2009
So the Tour is coming to Belgium-- yesss!
Anybody going to watch it in Brussels? Are there any Brusselites on the forum(in addition to Fietslogies!)? Any tips on the best place to watch Sunday?
For me, the finish at King Baldwin Stadium will be way too crowded to enjoy, so watching the final sprint probably won't happen.

The Brussels Tourist and Convention bureau's got a nice summary online:
Brussels International : Tour de France in Brussels

Royaldutchshell,

I will be in Brussels to see the tour as well. I've done some research and think I will be watching when it comes through Laken Park - where the Royal Palace is. I just moved here and I honestly haven't been able to find out many other good options. What have you heard? I was hoping to be closer to the center of the city in the morning if you have any recommendation around there. Can't wait!

bentleyfalcon said:
Royaldutchshell,

I will be in Brussels to see the tour as well. I've done some research and think I will be watching when it comes through Laken Park - where the Royal Palace is. I just moved here and I honestly haven't been able to find out many other good options. What have you heard? I was hoping to be closer to the center of the city in the morning if you have any recommendation around there. Can't wait!

Hi! Sorry to be so late in responding- hope you found a good spot. My gang ended up just after the 3K to go mark, also by Laken Park, but it was a bit downhill, and they were flying so the whole thing was over in 12 seconds. Still exciting to see though.
Monday near the start was as expected- way too many people to see anything except the tops of helmets as they rode past.