Watching the Tour is like watching a car wreck this year



N

Neil Brooks

Guest
ETA blowing up the course.

Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.

Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?

Sort of makes you pine for the good old days of amphetamines and coke,
huh?

"You just don't do that on fizzy mineral water and salad."
-Crédit Lyonnais spokesperson
 
L

landotter

Guest
On Jul 25, 12:49 pm, Neil Brooks <[email protected]> wrote:
> ETA blowing up the course.
>
> Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
>
> Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
>
> Sort of makes you pine for the good old days of amphetamines and coke,
> huh?


Don't forget the occasional swig of contraband rum! Yarrr!
 
M

Michael Warner

Guest
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:01 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:

> ETA blowing up the course.
>
> Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
>
> Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?


Because he's from the generation which still thinks they can get
away with it, of course, and can't accept losing the edge which
they need to keep their reputations.

Like Rasmussen, most likely.
 
R

Roger Zoul

Guest
Michael Warner wrote:
:: On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:01 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:
::
::: ETA blowing up the course.
:::
::: Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
:::
::: Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
::
:: Because he's from the generation which still thinks they can get
:: away with it, of course, and can't accept losing the edge which
:: they need to keep their reputations.
::
:: Like Rasmussen, most likely.

Well, Rasmussen is gone now!
 
Z

Zoot Katz

Guest
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:03:58 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Michael Warner wrote:
>:: On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:01 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:
>::
>::: ETA blowing up the course.
>:::
>::: Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
>:::
>::: Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
>::
>:: Because he's from the generation which still thinks they can get
>:: away with it, of course, and can't accept losing the edge which
>:: they need to keep their reputations.
>::
>:: Like Rasmussen, most likely.
>
>Well, Rasmussen is gone now!
>

The podium girls will be glad of that.

Notice how he only got two kisses and Contador gets three or four.

The podium girls are sick of kissing ugly beady eyed baldies.
--
zk
 
B

Bill Sornson

Guest
Huge-Snoot Putz wrote:

> The podium girls are sick of kissing ugly beady eyed baldies.


This from a guy who could play the Wicked Witch of the West without makeup!
ROTFL
 
R

Roger Zoul

Guest
Zoot Katz wrote:
:: On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:03:58 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
:: <[email protected]> wrote:
::
::: Michael Warner wrote:
::::: On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:01 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:
:::::
:::::: ETA blowing up the course.
::::::
:::::: Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
::::::
:::::: Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
:::::
::::: Because he's from the generation which still thinks they can get
::::: away with it, of course, and can't accept losing the edge which
::::: they need to keep their reputations.
:::::
::::: Like Rasmussen, most likely.
:::
::: Well, Rasmussen is gone now!
:::
:: The podium girls will be glad of that.
::
:: Notice how he only got two kisses and Contador gets three or four.
::
:: The podium girls are sick of kissing ugly beady eyed baldies.

haha...I thought it was because he's so skinny looking.
 
P

Patrick Lamb

Guest
Neil Brooks wrote:
> ETA blowing up the course.
>
> Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
>
> Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
>
> Sort of makes you pine for the good old days of amphetamines and coke,
> huh?
>
> "You just don't do that on fizzy mineral water and salad."
> -Crédit Lyonnais spokesperson


Wonder if the powers that be (UCI/WADA/Tour owners) have considered the
effect the uncertainty in competition is going to have on their
audience. I mean, given somebody's compared the Tour to professional
wrestling, will they realize that it's not just about the drugs? It's
about the arbitrary (to the viewer) application of rules, suspicious
"testing," kicking out the leader when (according to the rules) he's not
subject to expulsion, and kicking out entire teams (two years in a row
now) on suspicions. If professional cycling is not like professional
rasslin', they need to set their rules and stick by them for the whole
competition. Change the rules before next year's races, instead of ex
post facto changes, then manipulating the team to do what they can't.

I'm ******. (OK, it's nice that Contadore's in yellow, but it would
mean something if he won it on the road, instead of back-room
arm-twisting he wasn't party to.) I started watching the Tour to see
some scenery, but mostly to watch tough competition. Since it looks
just as crooked as professional wrestling, I'm not watching any more.
Maybe I'll check the Sunday or Monday paper to see who wins.


If my attitude takes over, and German and Swiss TV pulling out makes
that more likely, sponsors and advertisers will dry up. UCI will be hit
hard, and who's going to pay WADA to leak more baseless charges?

Pat
 
Z

Zoot Katz

Guest
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:49:01 GMT, Neil Brooks <[email protected]>
wrote:

>ETA blowing up the course.
>
>Rasmussen's being kicked off the Danish team now ... at least.
>
>Vino. Oh, why, Vino, why?
>
>Sort of makes you pine for the good old days of amphetamines and coke,
>huh?
>
>"You just don't do that on fizzy mineral water and salad."
> -Crédit Lyonnais spokesperson


After Cofidis got turfed I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Soler turned out not to be the rumoured 'non-negative' on Saturday
but this news just broke: 16th placed Mayo tested positive for EPO.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul31news
--
zk
 
S

SlowRider

Guest
It was a darned fine tour until all this s--t happened. Even after
the Vino' incident I really enjoyed the battles between Rasmussen and
Contador on the Col de Peyresourde and Col d'Aubisque.

Now I don't know who to believe anymore. In fact, my first reaction
after Saturday's ITT was, "Aw, man, not Levi, too!" It's gotten so
that if anyone has a good day, I expect them to be caught doping.

Ah, well, the Tour's over. Back to my own, undramatic cycling, where
the only dope is the one on the saddle... :)


- JR