watching the tour

bicycle_disciple

Guest
TDF starts in 2 days. Are there any other ways to view the races other
than OLN t.v? Can it be viewed somewhere online with a fee?

Thanks
-B.D

On 28 Jun 2006 02:45:11 -0700, "bicycle_disciple"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>TDF starts in 2 days. Are there any other ways to view the races other
>than OLN t.v? Can it be viewed somewhere online with a fee?

There are places where it can be viewed for free.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Are you the John Forrest who has his own bicycle transportation
website? Or am I thinking of someone else?

And where can I view it for free? Thanks -B.D
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2006 02:45:11 -0700, "bicycle_disciple"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >TDF starts in 2 days. Are there any other ways to view the races other
> >than OLN t.v? Can it be viewed somewhere online with a fee?

> There are places where it can be viewed for free.
>
> JT
>
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

On 28 Jun 2006 03:51:01 -0700, "bicycle_disciple"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Are you the John Forrest who has his own bicycle transportation
>website? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You're thinking of someone else and he's not named John Forrest.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

<[email protected]> wrote:

>And where can I view it for free?

Depends on where you are. If you're in Western Europe check TV
listings.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

bicycle_disciple wrote:
> TDF starts in 2 days. Are there any other ways to view the races other
> than OLN t.v? Can it be viewed somewhere online with a fee?
>
> Thanks
> -B.D

OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I could
do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But the other
two are pretty decent.

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote:

> OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I could
> do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But the other
> two are pretty decent.

amusing is the right word.
phil liggett is a total idiot. i don't even know how he can still speak,
with his foot in his mouth.
one stupid comment after an other, on all the races he comments. in a
past Giro he said this incredible stupidity: "he has nothing left in the
tank". as soon as he finishes his sentence the rider took off, in climb,
like a rocket and ended up winning the stage and the giro. he was
talking about simoni in 2003.
on the tour de france, this clod has no excuse. live feed on tv, and
live feed from the tour radio. the radio gives to journalists and team
information as events unfold. no comments. just "x from z team has a
flat on km 85 and teammate y his wating for him'., "x got a new wheel
from team car and is working hi way back to peloton', 'breakaway at km
128 composed of x, y z", "peloton doesn't chase, x,y z now 1mn28sec
ahead of peloton', etc... etc...
and besides all that, liggett finds a way to f..k up every other
comment/information he gives. pathetic.
he was a lousy cyclist, and he's the worst commentator.
but i agree with you, he's amusing if you can put up with him mixing
riders (he has the list of riders, the numbers, etc...), having no clue
with what's going on, mixing up head of the race and chase and echapee
when commenting the images, etc....
liggett is a buffoon.
paul sherwen is the only one on this oln team who does a decent job.

http://www.usenet.com

ZeMascouflatte wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I
>> could do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But
>> the other two are pretty decent.

> amusing is the right word.
> phil liggett is a total idiot. i don't even know how he can still
> speak, with his foot in his mouth.
> one stupid comment after an other, on all the races he comments. in a
> past Giro he said this incredible stupidity: "he has nothing left in
> the tank". as soon as he finishes his sentence the rider took off, in
> climb, like a rocket and ended up winning the stage and the giro. he
> was talking about simoni in 2003.
> on the tour de france, this clod has no excuse. live feed on tv, and
> live feed from the tour radio. the radio gives to journalists and team
> information as events unfold. no comments. just "x from z team has a
> flat on km 85 and teammate y his wating for him'., "x got a new wheel
> from team car and is working hi way back to peloton', 'breakaway at km
> 128 composed of x, y z", "peloton doesn't chase, x,y z now 1mn28sec
> ahead of peloton', etc... etc...
> and besides all that, liggett finds a way to f..k up every other
> comment/information he gives. pathetic.
> he was a lousy cyclist, and he's the worst commentator.
> but i agree with you, he's amusing if you can put up with him mixing
> riders (he has the list of riders, the numbers, etc...), having no
> clue with what's going on, mixing up head of the race and chase and
> echapee when commenting the images, etc....
> liggett is a buffoon.
> paul sherwen is the only one on this oln team who does a decent job.

What do you /really/ think?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> What do you /really/ think?

in 10000 words or less?

http://www.usenet.com

"ZeMascouflatte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I could
>> do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But the other
>> two are pretty decent.

> amusing is the right word.
> phil liggett is a total idiot. i don't even know how he can still speak,
> with his foot in his mouth.

[edit]

I can't think of any really good sports commentators. They all come out
with **** at some point. If you think Liggett's rubbish, you need to hear
David Duffield!

I seem to remember Liggett being the only pundit I heard to suggest Lemond
for the '89 tour.

Skippy
E&OE

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "ZeMascouflatte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I could
> >> do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But the other
> >> two are pretty decent.

> > amusing is the right word.
> > phil liggett is a total idiot. i don't even know how he can still speak,
> > with his foot in his mouth.

> [edit]
>
> I can't think of any really good sports commentators. They all come out
> with **** at some point. If you think Liggett's rubbish, you need to hear
> David Duffield!

George Kell: Detroit Tigers baseball.
Bill King: Golden State Warriors basketball.
Keith Jackson: USA college football.
Pat Summerall: USA NFL.

They were unobtrusive, always in the game, aware of their
listeners and well disposed toward them, quietly telling
their audience what was happening.

Dare I mention Howard Cosell?

--
Michael Press

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> "Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "ZeMascouflatte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > amusing is the right word.
>> > phil liggett is a total idiot. i don't even know how he can still
>> > speak,
>> > with his foot in his mouth.

>> [edit]
>>
>> I can't think of any really good sports commentators. They all come out
>> with **** at some point. If you think Liggett's rubbish, you need to
>> hear
>> David Duffield!

> George Kell: Detroit Tigers baseball.
> Bill King: Golden State Warriors basketball.
> Keith Jackson: USA college football.
> Pat Summerall: USA NFL.
>
> They were unobtrusive, always in the game, aware of their
> listeners and well disposed toward them, quietly telling
> their audience what was happening.
>
> Dare I mention Howard Cosell?
>
>> I seem to remember Liggett being the only pundit I heard to suggest
>> Lemond
>> for the '89 tour.

> --
> Michael Press

Lucky you! Real football ;-) is rather lacking. Thankfully you can now
watch the World Cup with no commentary.

Skippy
E&OE

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> > "Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> "ZeMascouflatte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> [edit]
> >>
> >> I can't think of any really good sports commentators. They all come out
> >> with **** at some point. If you think Liggett's rubbish, you need to
> >> hear
> >> David Duffield!

> > George Kell: Detroit Tigers baseball.
> > Bill King: Golden State Warriors basketball.
> > Keith Jackson: USA college football.
> > Pat Summerall: USA NFL.
> >
> > They were unobtrusive, always in the game, aware of their
> > listeners and well disposed toward them, quietly telling
> > their audience what was happening.
> >
> > Dare I mention Howard Cosell?
> >
> >> I seem to remember Liggett being the only pundit I heard to suggest
> >> Lemond
> >> for the '89 tour.

> > --
> > Michael Press

> Lucky you! Real football ;-) is rather lacking. Thankfully you can now
> watch the World Cup with no commentary.

I tune it in on a Spanish language channel, then turn the
sound off or way down.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooool. Gol. Gol. Gol. Gol. Gol. Gol.

--
Michael Press

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:46:19 +0100, "Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>,
>> "Skippy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> "ZeMascouflatte" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> [edit]
>>>
>>> I can't think of any really good sports commentators. They all come out
>>> with **** at some point. If you think Liggett's rubbish, you need to
>>> hear
>>> David Duffield!

>> George Kell: Detroit Tigers baseball.
>> Bill King: Golden State Warriors basketball.
>> Keith Jackson: USA college football.
>> Pat Summerall: USA NFL.
>>
>> They were unobtrusive, always in the game, aware of their
>> listeners and well disposed toward them, quietly telling
>> their audience what was happening.
>>
>> Dare I mention Howard Cosell?
>>
>>> I seem to remember Liggett being the only pundit I heard to suggest
>>> Lemond
>>> for the '89 tour.

>> --
>> Michael Press

>Lucky you! Real football ;-) is rather lacking.

D'ya mean Metric Football?

Ron

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>OLN is a bit on the amusing side. Those guys are funny to watch, I could
>do without Bob the Roll, who kind of looks like a roll. But the other
>two are pretty decent.

If you can watch the liver coverage on OLN, you get mostly Phil & Paul with
minimal Bob Roll. I hope to have my TIVO hooked up in time to tape the
live tour coverage. That way I can skip the fluff that is added for the
evening repeat. I'll probably TIVO and then burn onto DVD. This years tour
should be a good one.
Alex