Water & 20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses Daily

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Celtic Gal \, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_01D4_01C3E9DC.DA1545D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Water & 20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses Daily

    How 8 Glasses a Day Keeps Fat Away=20

    Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most = important catalyst in losing
    weight and keeping it off. Although most of = us take it for granted, water may be the only true
    "magic potion" for = permanent weight loss!=20

    Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize = stored fat. Studies have
    shown that a decrease in water intake will = cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in
    water intake can = actually reduce fat deposits. Here's why: The kidneys can't function = properly
    without enough water. When the kidneys don't work to capacity, = some of their load is dumped onto
    the liver. One of the liver's primary = functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for
    the body. = If the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at = full throttle.
    As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains = stored in the body, and weight loss stops.
    Drinking enough water is the = best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water, it
    = perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every = drop. Water is stored in
    extra cellular spaces (outside the cells). This = shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands.
    Diuretics offer a temporary = solution at best. They force out stored water along with some
    essential = nutrients. Again, the body perceives a threat and will replace the lost = water at the
    first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The = best way to overcome the problem of
    water retention is to give the body = what it needs.PLENTY OF WATER. Only then will the stored water
    be = released. If you have a constant problem with water retention, excess = salt may be to blame.
    Your body will tolerate sodium only in a certain = concentration. The more salt you eat, the more
    water your system retains = to dilute it. But getting rid of un-needed salt is easy - just drink =
    more water. As it's forced through the kidneys, it takes away excess = sodium. The overweight person
    needs more water than the thin one! Larger = people have larger metabolic loads. Since we know that
    water is the key = to fat metabolism, it follows that the overweight person needs more = water.
    Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their = natural ability to contract and by
    preventing dehydration. It also helps = to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss
    - shrinking = cells are buoyed by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, = healthy, and
    resilient. Water helps rid the body of waste. During weight = loss, the body has a lot more waste to
    get rid of - all the metabolized = fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out the
    waste. Water = can help relieve constipation. When the body gets too little water, it = siphons what
    it needs from internal sources. The colon is one primary = source. Result? Constipation. But, when a
    person gets enough water, = normal bowel functions returns. So far, we've discovered some remarkable
    = truths about water and weight loss:=20

    The body will not function properly without enough water and can't = metabolize stored fat
    efficiently.

    Retained water shows up as excess weight.

    To get rid of excess water you must drink more water.

    Drinking water is essential to weight loss. How much water is enough??

    On the average, a person should drink eight 8-ounce glasses every day. = That's about 2 quarts.
    However, the overweight person needs one = additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight.
    The amount you = drink also should be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather = is hot
    and dry. Water should preferably be cold - it's absorbed into the = system more quickly than warm
    water. And some evidence suggests that = drinking cold water can actually help burn calories. When
    the body gets = the water it needs to function optimally, its fluids are perfectly = balanced. Once
    this happens you have reached the "breakthrough point". = What does this mean?=20

    Endocrine-gland function improves.

    Fluid retention is alleviated as stored water is lost.

    More fat is used as fuel because the liver is free to metabolize stored = fat.

    Natural thirst returns.

    There is loss of hunger almost overnight.

    If you stop drinking enough water, your body fluids will be thrown out = of balance again, and you
    may experience fluid retention, unexplained = weight gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the
    situation you'll have to = go back and force another "breakthrough".=20

    By Donald S. Robertson, M.D., M. Sc=20

    20 Tips For Getting Your 8 Glasses of Water Daily

    Sometimes drinking our eight glasses of water a day can be a real = challenge Here are 20 tips to
    help you accomplish that feat! It is said = by many beauty experts that drinking your water is the
    cheapest, = quickest way to look better! That should motivate us!=20

    1. Make a bet with a co-worker to see who can drink more water in the = course of a day.=20

    2. Have a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: = when you first get up, just
    before leaving the house, when you sit down = to work, etc.=20

    3. Make it convenient - keep a big, plastic, insulated water bottle full = on your desk and reach
    for it all day.=20

    4. When you have juice (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass = with water.=20

    5. When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. = You feel full quickly
    and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till = the craving fades.=20

    6. Have one glass every hour on the hour while at work. When the work = day is done your water
    quota is met.=20

    7. Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of honey for tea or coffee. =

    8. While at work, get a 20 ounce cup of ice and keep filling it up from = the office water cooler.
    The key is drinking with a straw - you take = bigger gulps and drink much more.=20

    9. Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them = in place of ice cubes -
    it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or = two of fruit.=20

    10. After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to = replenish your system.=20

    11. Don't allow yourself a diet soda until you've had two to four = glasses of water. You will find
    that you won't want the soda anymore or = that just half a can is enough.=20

    12. Let ounces of water double grams of fat: When eating something = containing 10 grams of fat, I
    drink 20 ounces of water.=20

    13. Drink two full glasses at each meal, one before and one after. Also, = drink one glass before
    each snack so you don't eat as much.=20

    14. Carry a small refillable water bottle at all times and drink during = downtime; while waiting in
    a bank line, sitting on the train, etc.=20

    15. Use a beautiful gold-rimmed glass and fill it with cold water from = the tap.=20

    16. Drink two glasses of water immediately after waking up.=20

    17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all = before you leave work. If
    you don't finish, drink it in traffic on the = way home - it's like a race.=20

    18. Always keep a 24-ounce bottle of water handy while watching TV, = doing laundry, making
    dinner, etc.=20

    19. Add drinking two glasses of water to your daily skincare regimen. = Drink, cleanse, moisturize,
    etc., then drink again.=20

    20. Drink your water out of a big Pyrex measuring cup - it's a good way = to keep track of how much
    water you are drinking.=20

    ------=_NextPart_000_01D4_01C3E9DC.DA1545D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><B><FONT=20
    face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><B><FONT color=3D#000033 size=3D4>Water & 20 = Tips For=20 Getting
    Your 8 Glasses Daily</FONT></B></FONT></B></FONT><FONT=20 face=3D"Comic Sans MS"
    color=3D#000033></FONT></P><FONT face=3D"Comic = Sans MS"> <P align=3Dcenter><B><FONT
    color=3D#000080>H<BIG>ow 8 Glasses a Day = Keeps Fat=20 Away</BIG></FONT></B>=20 <P
    align=3Dleft>Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the = single most=20 important
    catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of = us take=20 it for granted,
    water may be the only true "magic potion" for permanent = weight=20 loss!=20 <P
    align=3Dleft>Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the = body=20 metabolize stored
    fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water = intake will=20 cause fat deposits to
    increase, while an increase in water intake can = actually=20 reduce fat deposits. Here's why:
    The kidneys can't function properly = without=20 enough water. When the kidneys don't work to
    capacity, some of their = load is=20 dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary
    functions is to = metabolize=20 stored fat into usable energy for the body. If the liver has to
    do some = of the=20 kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it =
    metabolizes=20 less fat, more fat remains stored in the body, and weight loss stops. =
    Drinking=20 enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body = gets
    less=20 water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on = to every=20
    drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces (outside the cells). This = shows=20 up as
    swollen feet, legs and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary solution = at=20 best. They force out
    stored water along with some essential nutrients. = Again,=20 the body perceives a threat and
    will replace the lost water at the first =

    opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns. The best way to = overcome the=20 problem of
    water retention is to give the body what it = needs…PLENTY OF WATER.=20 Only then will the
    stored water be released. If you have a constant = problem with=20 water retention, excess salt may
    be to blame. Your body will tolerate = sodium=20 only in a certain concentration. The more salt you
    eat, the more water = your=20 system retains to dilute it. But getting rid of un-needed salt is
    easy - = just=20 drink more water. As it's forced through the kidneys, it takes away = excess=20
    sodium. The overweight person needs more water than the thin one! Larger = people=20 have larger
    metabolic loads. Since we know that water is the key to fat=20 metabolism, it follows that the
    overweight person needs more water. = Water helps=20 maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles
    their natural ability to = contract=20 and by preventing dehydration. It also helps to prevent the
    sagging skin = that=20 usually follows weight loss - shrinking cells are buoyed by water, which =
    plumps=20 the skin and leaves it clear, healthy, and resilient. Water helps rid = the body=20 of
    waste. During weight loss, the body has a lot more waste to get rid = of - all=20 the metabolized
    fat must be shed. Again, adequate water helps flush out = the=20 waste. Water can help relieve
    constipation. When the body gets too = little water,=20 it siphons what it needs from internal
    sources. The colon is one primary = source.=20 Result? Constipation. But, when a person gets enough
    water, normal bowel =

    functions returns. So far, we've discovered some remarkable truths about = water=20 and weight
    loss:=20 <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>The body will not function = properly without=20
    enough water and can't metabolize stored fat efficiently.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>Retained water shows up as = excess=20 weight.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>To get rid of excess water you = must drink=20 more water.</FONT></P> <P
    align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Drinking water is essential to = weight loss.=20 How much water
    is enough??</FONT></P> <P align=3Dleft>On the average, a person should drink eight 8-ounce = glasses
    every=20 day. That's about 2 quarts. However, the overweight person needs one = additional=20 glass
    for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you drink also = should be=20 increased if you
    exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry. = Water should=20 preferably be cold - it's
    absorbed into the system more quickly than = warm water.=20 And some evidence suggests that drinking
    cold water can actually help = burn=20 calories. When the body gets the water it needs to function
    optimally, = its=20 fluids are perfectly balanced. Once this happens you have reached the=20
    "breakthrough point". What does this mean?=20 <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Endocrine-
    gland function=20 improves.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Fluid retention is
    alleviated as = stored=20 water is lost.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>More fat
    is used as fuel because = the liver=20 is free to metabolize stored fat.</FONT></P> <P
    align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Natural thirst = returns.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>There is loss of hunger almost=20 overnight.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dleft>If you stop
    drinking enough water, your body fluids will = be thrown=20 out of balance again, and you may
    experience fluid retention, = unexplained weight=20 gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the situation
    you'll have to go back = and=20 force another "breakthrough".=20 <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000033><I>By Donald S. Robertson, M.D., =
    M.=20 Sc</I></FONT>=20 <P align=3Dcenter><B><FONT color=3D#000080><BIG>20 Tips For Getting Your = 8
    Glasses=20 of Water Daily</BIG></FONT></B></P> <P align=3Dleft><I>Sometimes drinking our eight
    glasses of water a day = can be a=20 real challenge Here are 20 tips to help you accomplish that
    feat! It is = said by=20 many beauty experts that drinking your water is the cheapest, quickest =
    way to=20 look better! That should motivate us! </I><BR><BR>1. Make a bet with a = co-worker=20 to
    see who can drink more water in the course of a day. <BR><BR>2. Have = a big=20 glass of water at
    every transitional point of the day: when you first = get up,=20 just before leaving the house,
    when you sit down to work, etc. = <BR><BR>3. Make=20 it convenient - keep a big, plastic,
    insulated water bottle full on your = desk=20 and reach for it all day. <BR><BR>4. When you have
    juice (apple, grape, = or=20 orange) fill half the glass with water. <BR><BR>5. When you have a =
    junk-food=20 craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full quickly and = avoid the=20
    calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades. <BR><BR>6. Have = one=20 glass every hour
    on the hour while at work. When the work day is done = your water=20 quota is met. <BR><BR>7.
    Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of = honey for=20 tea or coffee. <BR><BR>8. While at
    work, get a 20 ounce cup of ice and = keep=20 filling it up from the office water cooler. The key
    is drinking with a = straw -=20 you take bigger gulps and drink much more. <BR><BR>9. Freeze
    little bits = of=20 peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes - =
    it's=20 refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit. <BR><BR>10. After = each=20 trip to
    the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to replenish your = system.=20 <BR><BR>11. Don't allow
    yourself a diet soda until you've had two to = four=20 glasses of water. You will find that you
    won't want the soda anymore or = that=20 just half a can is enough. <BR><BR>12. Let ounces of
    water double grams = of fat:=20 When eating something containing 10 grams of fat, I drink 20
    ounces of = water.=20 <BR><BR>13. Drink two full glasses at each meal, one before and one = after.
    Also,=20 drink one glass before each snack so you don't eat as much. <BR><BR>14. = Carry a=20
    small refillable water bottle at all times and drink during downtime; = while=20 waiting in a bank
    line, sitting on the train, etc. <BR><BR>15. Use a = beautiful=20 gold-rimmed glass and fill it
    with cold water from the tap. <BR><BR>16. = Drink=20 two glasses of water immediately after waking
    up. <BR><BR>17. Bring a = two-liter=20 bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you
    leave work. = If you=20 don't finish, drink it in traffic on the way home - it's like a race.=20
    <BR><BR>18. Always keep a 24-ounce bottle of water handy while watching = TV,=20 doing laundry,
    making dinner, etc. <BR><BR>19. Add drinking two glasses = of water=20 to your daily skincare
    regimen. Drink, cleanse, moisturize, etc., then = drink=20 again. <BR><BR>20. Drink your water out
    of a big Pyrex measuring cup - = it's a=20 good way to keep track of how much water you are
    drinking.=20 </P></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_01D4_01C3E9DC.DA1545D0--

    Tags:

  2. Connie

    Connie Guest

    By my count this article mentions water 61 times. Drink up everyone. Oh and I just mentioned it
    again glug!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

  3. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0094_01C3EA20.D5EAE520 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    thanks for posting this so much easier for me than using the links, = thanks again, Lee Celtic Gal
    (Vanessa) <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:[email protected]...
[...]

    7. Substitute a cup of hot water with a drop of honey for tea or = coffee.=20

    ------=_NextPart_000_0094_01C3EA20.D5EAE520 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>thanks for posting this so much easier for me than = using the=20 links, thanks
    again, Lee</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT:
    5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: = 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>Celtic Gal (Vanessa) <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</=
    A>>=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT color=3D#800080 face=3DArial>
    <><FONT color=3D#800080 face=3DArial> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><B><FONT=20
    face=3D"Comic Sans MS"><B><FONT color=3D#000033 size=3D4>Water & = 20 Tips For=20 Getting
    Your 8 Glasses Daily</FONT></B></FONT></B></FONT><FONT = color=3D#000033=20 face=3D"Comic Sans
    MS"></FONT></P><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS"> <P align=3Dcenter><B><FONT color=3D#000080>H<BIG>ow
    8 Glasses a Day = Keeps Fat=20 Away</BIG></FONT></B>=20 <P align=3Dleft>Incredible as it may
    seem, water is quite possibly the = single=20 most important catalyst in losing weight and
    keeping it off. Although = most of=20 us take it for granted, water may be the only true "magic
    potion" for=20 permanent weight loss!=20 <P align=3Dleft>Water suppresses the appetite naturally
    and helps the = body=20 metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water =
    intake will=20 cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can =
    actually=20 reduce fat deposits. Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly = without=20
    enough water. When the kidneys don't work to capacity, some of their = load is=20 dumped onto
    the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to = metabolize=20 stored fat into usable
    energy for the body. If the liver has to do = some of the=20 kidney's work, it can't operate at
    full throttle. As a result, it = metabolizes=20 less fat, more fat remains stored in the body,
    and weight loss stops. = Drinking=20 enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention.
    When the body = gets=20 less water, it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to =
    hold on to=20 every drop. Water is stored in extra cellular spaces (outside the = cells).
    This=20 shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands. Diuretics offer a temporary = solution=20 at
    best. They force out stored water along with some essential = nutrients.=20 Again, the body
    perceives a threat and will replace the lost water at = the=20 first opportunity. Thus, the
    condition quickly returns. The best way = to=20 overcome the problem of water retention is to
    give the body what it=20 needs…PLENTY OF WATER. Only then will the stored water be =
    released. If you=20 have a constant problem with water retention, excess salt may be to =
    blame.=20 Your body will tolerate sodium only in a certain concentration. The = more salt=20 you
    eat, the more water your system retains to dilute it. But getting = rid of=20 un-needed salt is
    easy - just drink more water. As it's forced through = the=20 kidneys, it takes away excess
    sodium. The overweight person needs more = water=20 than the thin one! Larger people have larger
    metabolic loads. Since we = know=20 that water is the key to fat metabolism, it follows that the
    = overweight person=20 needs more water. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving =
    muscles=20 their natural ability to contract and by preventing dehydration. It = also helps=20
    to prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss - = shrinking cells=20 are buoyed
    by water, which plumps the skin and leaves it clear, = healthy, and=20 resilient. Water helps
    rid the body of waste. During weight loss, the = body has=20 a lot more waste to get rid of -
    all the metabolized fat must be shed. = Again,=20 adequate water helps flush out the waste.
    Water can help relieve = constipation.=20 When the body gets too little water, it siphons what
    it needs from = internal=20 sources. The colon is one primary source. Result? Constipation. But,
    = when a=20 person gets enough water, normal bowel functions returns. So far, = we've=20
    discovered some remarkable truths about water and weight loss:=20 <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>The body will not function = properly=20 without enough water and can't
    metabolize stored fat = efficiently.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Retained
    water shows up as = excess=20 weight.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>To get
    rid of excess water you = must drink=20 more water.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>Drinking water is essential to = weight=20 loss. How much water is
    enough??</FONT></P> <P align=3Dleft>On the average, a person should drink eight 8-ounce =
    glasses=20 every day. That's about 2 quarts. However, the overweight person needs = one=20
    additional glass for every 25 pounds of excess weight. The amount you = drink=20 also should be
    increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is = hot and=20 dry. Water should preferably
    be cold - it's absorbed into the system = more=20 quickly than warm water. And some evidence
    suggests that drinking cold = water=20 can actually help burn calories. When the body gets the
    water it needs = to=20 function optimally, its fluids are perfectly balanced. Once this =
    happens you=20 have reached the "breakthrough point". What does this mean?=20 <P
    align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Endocrine-gland function=20 improves.</FONT></P> <P
    align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>Fluid retention is alleviated = as stored=20 water is
    lost.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000099>More fat is used as fuel = because the
    liver=20 is free to metabolize stored fat.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>Natural thirst = returns.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dcenter><FONT
    color=3D#000099>There is loss of hunger almost =

    overnight.</FONT></P> <P align=3Dleft>If you stop drinking enough water, your body fluids = will
    be=20 thrown out of balance again, and you may experience fluid retention,=20 unexplained weight
    gain and loss of thirst. To remedy the situation = you'll=20 have to go back and force another
    "breakthrough".=20 <P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#000033><I>By Donald S. Robertson, =
    M.D., M.=20 Sc</I></FONT>=20 <P align=3Dcenter><B><FONT color=3D#000080><BIG>20 Tips For Getting =
    Your 8 Glasses=20 of Water Daily</BIG></FONT></B></P> <P align=3Dleft><I>Sometimes drinking our
    eight glasses of water a day = can be a=20 real challenge Here are 20 tips to help you
    accomplish that feat! It = is said=20 by many beauty experts that drinking your water is the
    cheapest, = quickest way=20 to look better! That should motivate us! </I><BR><BR>1. Make a bet =
    with a=20 co-worker to see who can drink more water in the course of a day. = <BR><BR>2.=20 Have
    a big glass of water at every transitional point of the day: when = you=20 first get up, just
    before leaving the house, when you sit down to = work, etc.=20 <BR><BR>3. Make it convenient -
    keep a big, plastic, insulated water = bottle=20 full on your desk and reach for it all day.
    <BR><BR>4. When you have = juice=20 (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass with water.
    <BR><BR>5. = When you=20 have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel =
    full=20 quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving = fades.=20
    <BR><BR>6. Have one glass every hour on the hour while at work. When = the work=20 day is done
    your water quota is met. <BR><BR>7. Substitute a cup of = hot water=20 with a drop of honey for
    tea or coffee. <BR><BR>8. While at work, get = a 20=20 ounce cup of ice and keep filling it up
    from the office water cooler. = The key=20 is drinking with a straw - you take bigger gulps and
    drink much more.=20 <BR><BR>9. Freeze little bits of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and =
    use=20 them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing and helps get in a = serving or two=20 of
    fruit. <BR><BR>10. After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an = eight-ounce=20 glass to
    replenish your system. <BR><BR>11. Don't allow yourself a = diet soda=20 until you've had two to
    four glasses of water. You will find that you = won't=20 want the soda anymore or that just half
    a can is enough. <BR><BR>12. = Let=20 ounces of water double grams of fat: When eating something
    containing = 10 grams=20 of fat, I drink 20 ounces of water. <BR><BR>13. Drink two full glasses
    = at each=20 meal, one before and one after. Also, drink one glass before each = snack so you=20
    don't eat as much. <BR><BR>14. Carry a small refillable water bottle = at all=20 times and drink
    during downtime; while waiting in a bank line, sitting = on the=20 train, etc. <BR><BR>15. Use a
    beautiful gold-rimmed glass and fill it = with=20 cold water from the tap. <BR><BR>16. Drink two
    glasses of water = immediately=20 after waking up. <BR><BR>17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water
    to work = and try=20 to drink it all before you leave work. If you don't finish, drink it =
    in=20 traffic on the way home - it's like a race. <BR><BR>18. Always keep a = 24-ounce=20 bottle
    of water handy while watching TV, doing laundry, making dinner, = etc.=20 <BR><BR>19. Add
    drinking two glasses of water to your daily skincare = regimen.=20 Drink, cleanse, moisturize,
    etc., then drink again. <BR><BR>20. Drink = your=20 water out of a big Pyrex measuring cup -
    it's a good way to keep track = of how=20 much water you are drinking.=20
    </P></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0094_01C3EA20.D5EAE520--

  4. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    LOL....... Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 210- Goal 160)