water bottle cage question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Steve Gibson, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Steve Gibson

    Steve Gibson Guest

    Hi,

    I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. Steve Gibson wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    > allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
    >
    > Steve

    4mm

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    > allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
    >
    > Steve

    4mm

  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    > allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
    on
    > the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
    >
    > Steve

    One has to wonder what other maintenance will be done on this bike.

    It would be advisable to go buy a small kit containing several sizes of metric hex keys. Cheaper
    than buying one at a time, and you usually get a nifty case. Try them all until one fits.

    You might want to look into obtaining some other basic tools.

    Pete

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    > allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
    on
    > the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,

    Smart-ass answer: whatever one fits.

    Sincere answer: whatever one fits.

    Bill "has seen 'em from 2-ish to 5-ish (but most often 4)" S.

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:12:27 GMT, "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    >allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
    >
    >Steve

    Steve, who told you that you need water? They were full of crap. Don't worry about putting the water
    bottle cage back on....it's useless anyway....

    heh, heh, heh.....

    :-]

  7. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
    > allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
    on
    > the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
    >
    > Steve

    4mm to take it off and 6mm to put it back on...................