water bottle cage question

Steve Gibson

Guest
Hi,

I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,

Steve

Steve Gibson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
> allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

4mm

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
> allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

4mm

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
> allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
on
> the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

One has to wonder what other maintenance will be done on this bike.

It would be advisable to go buy a small kit containing several sizes of metric hex keys. Cheaper
than buying one at a time, and you usually get a nifty case. Try them all until one fits.

You might want to look into obtaining some other basic tools.

Pete

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
> allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
on
> the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,

Smart-ass answer: whatever one fits.

Sincere answer: whatever one fits.

Bill "has seen 'em from 2-ish to 5-ish (but most often 4)" S.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:12:27 GMT, "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
>allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back on the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
>
>Steve

Steve, who told you that you need water? They were full of ****. Don't worry about putting the water
bottle cage back on....it's useless anyway....

heh, heh, heh.....

:-]

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to the mountain biking scene, I was wondering if someone could tell me what size
> allen wrench I need to remove, and then put back
on
> the water bottle cage, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

4mm to take it off and 6mm to put it back on...................