Water bottle cage spacer (shim)

Kevin

Guest
My old cages have a gap for the front derailleur, and today's cages are flush and interfere. What do
we used to jump the gap? Several washers?

"Kevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My old cages have a gap for the front derailleur, and today's cages are flush and interfere. What
> do we used to jump the gap? Several washers?

I've found some nice nylon washers of various thickness at Home Depot and Lowes. You may have to buy
longer bolts for your cage mounting to clear the der band, so take a mounting bolt with you as a
sample. They should have the correct bolts in stainless, if needed.

"Kevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My old cages have a gap for the front derailleur, and today's cages are flush and interfere. What
> do we used to jump the gap? Several washers?

I used a pair of presta nuts. Cheap, easy to find, and highly effective.

Mike

kevin-<< My old cages have a gap for the front derailleur, and today's cages are flush and
interfere. What do we used to jump the gap? Several washers?
>><BR><BR>

Use the little screw down thing that comes on most inner tube valves...