Water Bottle Cages

waxbytes

Aug 4, 2004
I see water bottle cages are now made of many materials and of many designs.
Are they actually any more functional than the older 'wire cage' type of holder?
Any designs to avoid? :confused:

waxbytes said:
Are they actually any more functional than the older 'wire cage' type of holder?
Even though it is "wire cage" construction, the somewhat different design of the Salsa cage is something I skeptically have grown to appreciate with use:

http://www.salsacycles.com/access/popDetail_Bottlecage.html

Although it seems somewhat counter-intuitive at first glance, it was recommended to me for easier side exit/entry on a compact geometry road frame by the builder at my LBS.
I personally don't buy their claim that they deface bottles less, but that's not exactly a priority of mine.

G'day,

I'm quite partial to the 'Elite' cages. Lightweight, solid construction& i've never known them to fail. The thing about cages is that you never truely appreciate them until one lets you down. I had an old wire type one break on me in a race...result......bottle gone...no drink for 50 km. I always check them now,

cheers,

Hitchy

I'll second the Salsa cages. Secure and easy to access. Light for all stainless construction. Holds tall bottles well even when they aren't rotated to the notch. Pretty good looking on most frames when they are empty too! Only caveat is that they are not cheap. But I think it's one of those, you get what ya pay for, deal.

waxbytes said:

Please take a look our web site: www.golfcel.com.tw
I am Stephen, the sales representive.
We are producing carbon fiber water bottle cages for years.
If you have any need, please feel free to contact us.
[email protected] thank you so much!!