Water tires experiment/need contributions

Bernhard Agthe <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's true - and if you have some time left, try filling your tires
> with foam - this could be an interesting experiment... Watch for
> handling in normal operation and in case of pressure loss (puncture)...

Or just buy some of these:

http://www.airfreetires.com/

--
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, 4ax.com, buzzardnews.com, googlegroups.com,
heapnode.com, localhost, x-privat.org

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:21:04 -0400, Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

> I'm planning to fill up my tires with water to see what will happen. It's a
> science experiment for RBT. It's obviously a work in progress.

I think Jobst wrote something about this at some point. As I recall he
filled a tire with water from a stream in order to get home when his last
tire developed a slow leak. The water leaked out much more slowly than
the air, or so goes the story as I recall it.

No memory of what the ride quality was supposed to be like.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You
_`\(,_ | soon find out the pig likes it!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm planning to fill up my tires with water to see what will happen. It's a
>science experiment for RBT. It's obviously a work in progress.

"Is this a hold-up?"
"It's a science experiment".

BTTF III