Water?!?



gdiza

New Member
Jul 28, 2004
89
0
0
39
What is the advantage(s) (for cycling) of just drinking water.

and what disadvantage(s)?

thanks.
 

access

New Member
Aug 17, 2004
1
0
0
gdiza said:
What is the advantage(s) (for cycling) of just drinking water.

and what disadvantage(s)?

thanks.
advantage, it will keep you from dehydrating.

disadvantage, you'll have to pee sooner or later.. LOL
 

ric_stern/RST

New Member
Nov 11, 2002
3,866
2
38
53
Hurstpierpoint
www.cyclecoach.com
gdiza said:
What is the advantage(s) (for cycling) of just drinking water.

and what disadvantage(s)?

thanks.

it won't provide any energy to fuel your cycling. if you have too much, it's potentially fatal

you're best off using a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink (6 - 8% solution), which will help solve both these issues

ric
 

Kingspudz

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
18
0
0
ric_stern/RST said:
it won't provide any energy to fuel your cycling. if you have too much, it's potentially fatal

you're best off using a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink (6 - 8% solution), which will help solve both these issues

ric
And which would you suggest???
 

Kingspudz

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
18
0
0
ric_stern/RST said:
do you mean drink? My personal fave is Science in Sport Go. Nice lightly flavoured drink with carbs and electrolytes. goes down a treat in training and racing

ric
Sorry Ric,

yeah I meant drink :). I've been looking for a nice drink for cycling for a while but haven't really found it yet....

Thanks
 

gdiza

New Member
Jul 28, 2004
89
0
0
39
ok, so other than stopping you from dehydrating, water is pretty useless.

energy drinks are the best to drink.

k. :)
 

mattv2099

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
162
0
0
Kingspudz said:
Sorry Ric,

yeah I meant drink :). I've been looking for a nice drink for cycling for a while but haven't really found it yet....

Thanks

At worst you can just go to the supermarket and get some Gatorade or Powerade mix.
 

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
1,064
0
0
ric_stern/RST said:
it won't provide any energy to fuel your cycling. if you have too much, it's potentially fatal

you're best off using a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink (6 - 8% solution), which will help solve both these issues

ric
plus salt content which will prevent the absorbtion of the water itself, making it that you require more fluid, oops! your getting energy not fluid, much prefably i take 2 bottles 1 with car drink and an addition bottle with water and fruit juice. just to ensure that i am getting hydrated and not being provided mainly with an energy source.....

water is a great supplier of calcium, magnesium etc.... helps prevent cramping since over 60% of the ody is water.

peanut bars i love on the move especially in treacle... hmmmmmm...! great stuff