Water?!?

gdiza

Jul 28, 2004
What is the advantage(s) (for cycling) of just drinking water.

and what disadvantage(s)?

thanks.

gdiza said:

thanks.
advantage, it will keep you from dehydrating.

disadvantage, you'll have to pee sooner or later.. LOL

gdiza said:

thanks.

it won't provide any energy to fuel your cycling. if you have too much, it's potentially fatal

you're best off using a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink (6 - 8% solution), which will help solve both these issues

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
it won't provide any energy to fuel your cycling. if you have too much, it's potentially fatal

you're best off using a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink (6 - 8% solution), which will help solve both these issues

ric
And which would you suggest???

ric_stern/RST said:
do you mean drink? My personal fave is Science in Sport Go. Nice lightly flavoured drink with carbs and electrolytes. goes down a treat in training and racing

ric
Sorry Ric,

yeah I meant drink :). I've been looking for a nice drink for cycling for a while but haven't really found it yet....

Thanks

ok, so other than stopping you from dehydrating, water is pretty useless.

energy drinks are the best to drink.

k. :)

Kingspudz said:
Sorry Ric,

yeah I meant drink :). I've been looking for a nice drink for cycling for a while but haven't really found it yet....

Thanks

At worst you can just go to the supermarket and get some Gatorade or Powerade mix.

ric_stern/RST said:

ric
plus salt content which will prevent the absorbtion of the water itself, making it that you require more fluid, oops! your getting energy not fluid, much prefably i take 2 bottles 1 with car drink and an addition bottle with water and fruit juice. just to ensure that i am getting hydrated and not being provided mainly with an energy source.....

water is a great supplier of calcium, magnesium etc.... helps prevent cramping since over 60% of the ody is water.

peanut bars i love on the move especially in treacle... hmmmmmm...! great stuff