Waterford Bikes???

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by speedemon, Aug 28, 2004.

1. speedemon

speedemon New Member

Hi All

I have been out of this sport for a while and I'm interested in getting back in again. Seems that there's so much available on today's market that anyone could get lost out there. I'm interest in get a steel frame bike. I did some searching around and talked to a few people locally. Seems that most of the dealers around here are into the aluminum or carbon bikes. I guess I the old fashion guy that grew up riding the steel bikes and prefer to stay with the steel. I did some search on the Internet and found a company called Waterford, which still builds bikes here in the states. I wondering if some of you can shed some light for me on their products. I understand they're pretty high-end and I'm just wondering if something else is available that would be less expensive in this caliber. I understand there's a lot to choose from. I would like to have a steel frame bike than the other materials out there. As of now I’m kind of leaning towards the Waterford's. Let me know if any of you have any info on the steel bikes that are in the same caliber as the Waterford's.

Thanks
    Art

Tags:

2. Clark six8

Clark six8 New Member

Waterford has a less expensive line called Gunnar. I bought a Gunnar with completely customer geometry, and it is an awesome steel ride.

The only problem I have with them is that I've been trying to get some yellow touch-up paint for a month and a half and still haven't received anything.

But I am very happy with the ride - it is a great balance of stiff/smooth/stable/quick. They build excellent frames.

http://www.gunnarbikes.com/roadie.php