Watergardens to Woodend - MELBOURNE - this Sunday!

elcaito69

May 10, 2006
Courteousy of the Brimbank Bicycle Users Group ...

================
Sunday 18th June
BrimBUG longer ride: Sydenham to Woodend, and back.
Meet 8.30am Watergardens train station, take a break in Gisborne, should be in Woodend for an early lunch – then downhill all the way home!
Total c.112km.
WEATHER PERMITTING - IF IT RAINS HEAVILY. LIGHT RAIN OK.
================

Comments by a Member:

I've probably mentioned to Greg and others that we're meeting at the La Porchetta, at Watergardens shopping centre. This is INCORRECT!
The correct location is as mentioned originally by Gavin, to meet at Watergardens Railway Station, for those that want to catch the train on the Sydneham Line.

Ideally the ride is suitable for riders with a ROAD BIKE or a HYBRID. Mountain bikes and children under teenage years due to the distance and difficulty of the ride, are not recommended for this ride.

I've done this one before during the Great Divide Ride 2006, and it's not that hard, for someone with reasonable level of fitness (able to cycle non-stop for 20kms).

I don't have a map of the ride but we do not intend to ride it fast. THIS IS NOT A RACE! I'll be leading the group and directing where people should turn. It's better we stick together, as I don't expect great numbers for this ride. Bring plenty of water and sustenance biscuits or fruit bars.

If you need further information, please contact me, Fernando, on 0410 382 857

SEE YOU THERE!

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/brimbug/