Watermelon Curry

tubal cain

Guest
> From: "Rochelle Mooney" <[email protected]>
> I am looking for recipes which use watermelon. I have just seen it in
> fruit salads. There must be other ways to use it. Thanks

Watermelon Curry

>From Camellia Panjabi 50 Great Curries of India

1/4 of a large watermelon
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon pressed garlic
Salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 to 3 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
Sugar to taste

Cut watermelon into slices and remove seeds. Cut flesh into 1 1/2-inch
cubes. Measure out 1-cup cubes and puree. Add paprika, turmeric,
coriander and garlic to puree. Season to taste with salt.
Heat oil in large, deep skillet and add cumin seeds. Toast, shaking or
stirring, 20 seconds. Add lemon juice and pureed watermelon mixture.
Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until liquid is reduced by a
third.
Add watermelon cubes and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, gently
turning to coat with spices. Sprinkle with sugar to taste. Makes 2 to
4 servings.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D Hill at [email protected].
Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/