Watership Down

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MartinM, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    ......has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That song
    brought a tear (almost)

    be warned, it goes on until midnight

    Tags:

  2. John Mallard

    John Mallard Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4.
    > That song brought a tear (almost)
    >
    > be warned, it goes on until midnight

    I can't be bothered to watch the telly, so let me know how 'Road Runner'
    gets on.

    Beep Beep!

    --
    Cheerful Pedalling
    John Mallard

  3. "MartinM" <[email protected]>typed

    > ......has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That song
    > brought a tear (almost)

    > be warned, it goes on until midnight

    I thought you meant the Audax ride...

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  4. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

    > "MartinM" <[email protected]>typed
    >
    > > ......has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That song
    > > brought a tear (almost)

    > > be warned, it goes on until midnight

    > I thought you meant the Audax ride...

    I thought he meant the pub I've just come in from (where I enjoyed an
    excellent pint of Ballards Mild).

    John B

  5. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    "Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]sp.net.uk...
    > Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
    > > "MartinM" <[email protected]>typed
    > >

    > >> ......has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4.
    > >> That song brought a tear (almost)

    > >> be warned, it goes on until midnight

    > > I thought you meant the Audax ride...

    > They made a cartoon of it?

    for anyone who's just come in;
    you missed Belleville Rendezvous

    what's all that about?

  6. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    "John Mallard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > MartinM wrote:
    > > .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4.
    > > That song brought a tear (almost)
    > >
    > > be warned, it goes on until midnight

    > I can't be bothered to watch the telly, so let me know how 'Road Runner'
    > gets on.
    >
    > Beep Beep!

    number 48

  7. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That

    song
    > brought a tear (almost)
    >
    > be warned, it goes on until midnight

    Watch the film, read the book, eat the pie?

  8. the.Mark

    the.Mark Guest

    Zog The Undeniable wrote:
    > MartinM wrote:
    >
    >> .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on
    >> Channel 4. That song brought a tear (almost)

    > Nah...this is the best cartoon ever, and it wasn't even in the
    > list:
    > http://www.keyframeonline.com/kf.php?op=details&a=218

    I'm not sure what should have been top but I agree theThe Cat Came Back
    should have been high up on the list.
    --
    Mark

    1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

  9. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Zog The Undeniable
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > MartinM wrote:
    >
    >> .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4.
    >> That song brought a tear (almost)

    > Nah...this is the best cartoon ever, and it wasn't even in the list:
    >
    > http://www.keyframeonline.com/kf.php?op=details&a=218

    Badger badger badger badger
    Badger badger badger badger
    Badger badger badger badger
    Mushroom mushroom

    ;; It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
    ;; Voltaire RIP Dr David Kelly 1945-2004

  10. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > MartinM wrote:
    >
    > > .....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That

    song
    > > brought a tear (almost)

    > Nah...this is the best cartoon ever, and it wasn't even in the list:
    >
    > http://www.keyframeonline.com/kf.php?op=details&a=218

    never heard of it, but then had never heard of half of last night's. A
    particularly daft bit of broadcasting; I sent my oldest up to bed promising
    to record it so he could watch it later. At 2105 we got a "thank goodness we
    are after the watershed, now let's swear a lot" which became even worse
    after 2300; took a lot of fast forwarding tonight to replay it.

    Was anyone surprised at no 1?

    now do I go out and buy the DVD of WD or will it be on TV at Easter? (only
    if I buy it probably)

  11. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

  12. the.Mark wrote:

    > I'm not sure what should have been top but I agree theThe Cat Came Back
    > should have been high up on the list.

    It's the demented look on the cat's face as it rips off the wallpaper
    that does it for me!

  13. pete white

    pete white Guest

    Tony W wrote:
    > "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>.....has just been voted 85 in the top 100 cartoons on Channel 4. That

    > song
    >
    >>brought a tear (almost)
    >>
    >>be warned, it goes on until midnight

    > Watch the film, read the book, eat the pie?

    Put Rabbits foot on Keyring?

  14. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 2/3/05 4:16 pm, in article [email protected], "pete
    white" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tony W wrote:

    >> Watch the film, read the book, eat the pie?
    >>

    > Put Rabbits foot on Keyring?

    Why do people insist on calling it a lucky rabbits foot. Pretty unlucky for
    the rabbit if you ask me..

    ...d

  15. > Why do people insist on calling it a lucky rabbits foot. Pretty
    > unlucky for the rabbit if you ask me..

    It's a lucky rabbit's _foot_ - you should have seen what happened to the
    rest of the rabbit

  16. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    and to get it back on topic, ride the ride ;-)

  17. [apologies if you get two similar posts.]

    > Why do people insist on calling it a lucky rabbits foot. Pretty
    > unlucky for the rabbit if you ask me..

    It's a lucky rabbit _foot_ - you should have seen what happened to the
    rest of the rabbit.

  18. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Mark Thompson wrote:
    > It's a lucky rabbit _foot_ - you should have seen what happened to the
    > rest of the rabbit.

    Serves it right for not wearing a helmet.

  19. Tony W

    Tony W Guest