WATP

Linda J

Guest
I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have
worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)

Linda
252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

The former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Everett C. Koop formed a non-profit organization called Shape Up
America, which sponsors a fitness/weight management program called 10,000 Steps. The idea is that
walking 10,000 steps a day will help manage weight and improve a person's overall health.

That's a long way of saying that your 2-mile tape earned you 40% of the daily target. WooHoo! If you
wear your step counter all day, I'd sure be curious to find out your total.

Here's a link to the Web site, if you're interested in reading more.
http://www.shapeup.org/10000steps.html

Prairie Roots

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:56:26 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Linda J) wrote:

>I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
>counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
>have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
>
>Linda
>252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP express and WATP 3 mile I think. What do
you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an exercise intermediate?

COnnie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

Linda J wrote:
> I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
> counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
> have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
>
> Linda
> 252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

I am impressed also, Lee
Linda J <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
> counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
> have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
>
> Linda
> 252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

My apologies for not responding sooner, Connie, but I've been without internet access since Monday.

I really enjoy both the 2 and 3 mile WATP. If you're starting with the 3 mile, pace yourself and
don't overdo it when starting, I sweat buckets after doing it. I also have the Express one, it's
also got toning exercises in that you require the rubber bands to do, but I think it would work as
well with weights. It's a short, very enjoyable tape for when you don't feel like spending 40
minutes exercising. I got the 4 mile walk before the holidays, it's still in the cellophane and will
be until the 3 mile walk is too easy.

Have fun and let me know how you do.

Linda

walshclan@nospam_primus.ca (Connie) I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP express
and WATP 3 mile I think. What do you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an exercise
intermediate? COnnie
--
Cheers, Connie Walsh
241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5 Linda J wrote: I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just
for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps.
Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today,
I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-) Linda
241/5.209/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

Thanks for the link, Linda. I had heard about the 10,000 step theory but didn't know where it
originated.

I tried wearing the step counter to work, but I think there were too many layers of clothing around
the waist cause it had registered only 58 steps by noon;-) I'll try again in the spring when there's
fewer layers.

Linda

From: [email protected] (Prairie=A0Roots) The former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Everett C. Koop formed a
non-profit organization called Shape Up America, which sponsors a fitness/weight management program
called 10,000 Steps. The idea is that walking 10,000 steps a day will help manage weight and improve
a person's overall health. That's a long way of saying that your 2-mile tape earned you 40% of the
daily target. WooHoo! If you wear your step counter all day, I'd sure be curious to find out your
total. Here's a link to the Web site, if you're interested in reading more.
http://www.shapeup.org/10000steps.html Prairie Roots On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:56:26 -0500 (EST),
[email protected] (Linda J) wrote: I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for
the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how
accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow.
I just love gadgets;-) Linda
252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

Thanks, Lee.

Linda

(EST-1) From: [email protected] (Miss=A0Violette) I am impressed also, Lee Linda J
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:2836-400C8ACA-1@storefull-
1902.public.rogers.webtv.net... I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it,
I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is,
but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love
gadgets;-) Linda
252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

Thanks for the info Linda. I'm going to try the 3 mile WATP and if I like it, I'll buy it. Otherwise
I'll buy the 2 mile one.

Connie

Linda J wrote:
> My apologies for not responding sooner, Connie, but I've been without internet access since
> Monday.
>
> I really enjoy both the 2 and 3 mile WATP. If you're starting with the 3 mile, pace yourself and
> don't overdo it when starting, I sweat buckets after doing it. I also have the Express one, it's
> also got toning exercises in that you require the rubber bands to do, but I think it would work as
> well with weights. It's a short, very enjoyable tape for when you don't feel like spending 40
> minutes exercising. I got the 4 mile walk before the holidays, it's still in the cellophane and
> will be until the 3 mile walk is too easy.
>
> Have fun and let me know how you do.
>
> Linda
>
> walshclan@nospam_primus.ca (Connie) I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP
> express and WATP 3 mile I think. What do you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an
> exercise intermediate? COnnie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh