WATP

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Linda J, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Linda J

    Linda J Guest

    I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
    counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have
    worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)

    Linda
    252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

    Tags:

  2. The former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Everett C. Koop formed a non-profit organization called Shape Up
    America, which sponsors a fitness/weight management program called 10,000 Steps. The idea is that
    walking 10,000 steps a day will help manage weight and improve a person's overall health.

    That's a long way of saying that your 2-mile tape earned you 40% of the daily target. WooHoo! If you
    wear your step counter all day, I'd sure be curious to find out your total.

    Here's a link to the Web site, if you're interested in reading more.
    http://www.shapeup.org/10000steps.html

    Prairie Roots

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:56:26 -0500 (EST), [email protected] (Linda J) wrote:

    >I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
    >counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
    >have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
    >
    >Linda
    >252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP express and WATP 3 mile I think. What do
    you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an exercise intermediate?

    COnnie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

    Linda J wrote:
    > I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
    > counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
    > have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
    >
    > Linda
    > 252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  4. I am impressed also, Lee
    Linda J <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step
    > counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should
    > have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-)
    >
    > Linda
    > 252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  5. Linda J

    Linda J Guest

    My apologies for not responding sooner, Connie, but I've been without internet access since Monday.

    I really enjoy both the 2 and 3 mile WATP. If you're starting with the 3 mile, pace yourself and
    don't overdo it when starting, I sweat buckets after doing it. I also have the Express one, it's
    also got toning exercises in that you require the rubber bands to do, but I think it would work as
    well with weights. It's a short, very enjoyable tape for when you don't feel like spending 40
    minutes exercising. I got the 4 mile walk before the holidays, it's still in the cellophane and will
    be until the 3 mile walk is too easy.

    Have fun and let me know how you do.

    Linda

    [email protected]_primus.ca (Connie) I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP express
    and WATP 3 mile I think. What do you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an exercise
    intermediate? COnnie
    --
    Cheers, Connie Walsh
    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5 Linda J wrote: I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just
    for the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps.
    Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today,
    I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love gadgets;-) Linda
    241/5.209/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  6. Linda J

    Linda J Guest

    Thanks for the link, Linda. I had heard about the 10,000 step theory but didn't know where it
    originated.

    I tried wearing the step counter to work, but I think there were too many layers of clothing around
    the waist cause it had registered only 58 steps by noon;-) I'll try again in the spring when there's
    fewer layers.

    Linda

    From: [email protected] (Prairie=A0Roots) The former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Everett C. Koop formed a
    non-profit organization called Shape Up America, which sponsors a fitness/weight management program
    called 10,000 Steps. The idea is that walking 10,000 steps a day will help manage weight and improve
    a person's overall health. That's a long way of saying that your 2-mile tape earned you 40% of the
    daily target. WooHoo! If you wear your step counter all day, I'd sure be curious to find out your
    total. Here's a link to the Web site, if you're interested in reading more.
    http://www.shapeup.org/10000steps.html Prairie Roots On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:56:26 -0500 (EST),
    [email protected] (Linda J) wrote: I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for
    the fun of it, I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how
    accurate it is, but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow.
    I just love gadgets;-) Linda
    252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  7. Linda J

    Linda J Guest

    Thanks, Lee.

    Linda

    (EST-1) From: [email protected] (Miss=A0Violette) I am impressed also, Lee Linda J
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    1902.public.rogers.webtv.net... I just completed my 2 mile WATP tape and, just for the fun of it,
    I clipped my Special K step counter on. It registered 4,087 steps. Don't know how accurate it is,
    but I'm impressed. Should have worn it to work today, I'll try to remember tomorrow. I just love
    gadgets;-) Linda
    252/189.4/145 RAFL Start: 190 Goal: 175

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Thanks for the info Linda. I'm going to try the 3 mile WATP and if I like it, I'll buy it. Otherwise
    I'll buy the 2 mile one.

    Connie

    Linda J wrote:
    > My apologies for not responding sooner, Connie, but I've been without internet access since
    > Monday.
    >
    > I really enjoy both the 2 and 3 mile WATP. If you're starting with the 3 mile, pace yourself and
    > don't overdo it when starting, I sweat buckets after doing it. I also have the Express one, it's
    > also got toning exercises in that you require the rubber bands to do, but I think it would work as
    > well with weights. It's a short, very enjoyable tape for when you don't feel like spending 40
    > minutes exercising. I got the 4 mile walk before the holidays, it's still in the cellophane and
    > will be until the 3 mile walk is too easy.
    >
    > Have fun and let me know how you do.
    >
    > Linda
    >
    > [email protected]_primus.ca (Connie) I have a couple WATP DVDs on reserve at the library WATP
    > express and WATP 3 mile I think. What do you think of your tape? Did I get the correct DVDs for an
    > exercise intermediate? COnnie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh