wave style brake rotors

grayband

Jul 11, 2003
This is a press release from Galfer performance brakes bicycle division. Please contact me with any questions.

Galfer is the original and current patent holders for European patent #99500110.4 and United States patent #6386340 which covers non-round (wave style) disc brake rotors. As of this writing, Magura is the only officially licensed user of this patented technology. No other company is legally using to use this patented technology. Currently, there are several companies who are presenting this technology, images, and trade names of Galfer rotors as their own. They have received neither our permission nor our authorization to do so. At this time we are preparing legal action to defend our patents, images and trade names.
Galfer’s patented wave rotors allow the user to run at significantly cooler braking temperatures while providing superior self-cleaning properties and lighter weights over round rotors.

Andy Schwartz
Bicycle Division Manager
Galfer USA
800-685-6633
www.galferusa.com
[email protected]

Originally posted by grayband
This is a press release from Galfer performance brakes bicycle division. Please contact me with any questions.

Galfer is the original and current patent holders for European patent #99500110.4 and United States patent #6386340 which covers non-round (wave style) disc brake rotors. As of this writing, Magura is the only officially licensed user of this patented technology. No other company is legally using to use this patented technology. Currently, there are several companies who are presenting this technology, images, and trade names of Galfer rotors as their own. They have received neither our permission nor our authorization to do so. At this time we are preparing legal action to defend our patents, images and trade names.
Galfer’s patented wave rotors allow the user to run at significantly cooler braking temperatures while providing superior self-cleaning properties and lighter weights over round rotors.

and ???

Originally posted by eddiebrannan
and ???

please don't buy unlicensed products and if you do, for shame (but if you do, extroll the virtues of Galfer products)!!!

I hear Mavic will soon patent the bike wheel. They will be the only ones allowed to make round wheels. Geez....

Right on Hecubus!

LOL :)

PS. please Mr moderator, can you delete this thread?

Originally posted by drewski
please don't buy unlicensed products and if you do, for shame (but if you do, extroll the virtues of Galfer products)!!!
:)

at Galfer we don't make calipers or levers. In fact I run hayes brakes on my own bike and really like them. But there was a big improvement in brake power, longevity and feel when I put our pads in. If it wasn't for Hayes and the other caliper companies, Galfer would have no one to sell replacement pads, lines and wave rotors to. We don't want to make calipers at this time and take business away from them. But when other companies start stepping on our toes, we naturally have to defend ourselves. Thanks for your enthusiasm and ethics!
Galfer USA