Way OT: Our kitties (someone requested to see pix)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Boatwright, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. Our kitties...

    Popie was an "off the street" rescue about 4 months old. She adopted by
    dough bowl to sleep in her first night here. She often still crams herself
    into it for a nap.

    The two tuxedos together are Peanut and Peewee, twin boys, rescued from the
    desert after their mother was carried off by a cayote.

    Mr. Bailey adopted "me" on a trip to PetSmart.

    Millie is our dowager queen, 13 years old, who came to us from the ASPCA.

    We adopted Margaret, now deceased, from a shelter after learning it would
    be her last night there before being put down. She had been badly abused,
    and trusted no one but me.

    These are our "kids"!

    http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
    unless there are three other people.

    Tags:

  2. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun 04 Sep 2005 03:42:52p, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> Our kitties...
    > >>
    > >> Popie was an "off the street" rescue about 4 months old. She adopted

    by
    > >> dough bowl to sleep in her first night here. She often still crams
    > >> herself into it for a nap.
    > >>
    > >> The two tuxedos together are Peanut and Peewee, twin boys, rescued from
    > >> the desert after their mother was carried off by a cayote.
    > >>
    > >> Mr. Bailey adopted "me" on a trip to PetSmart.
    > >>
    > >> Millie is our dowager queen, 13 years old, who came to us from the

    > ASPCA.
    > >>
    > >> We adopted Margaret, now deceased, from a shelter after learning it

    > would
    > >> be her last night there before being put down. She had been badly

    > abused,
    > >> and trusted no one but me.
    > >>
    > >> These are our "kids"!
    > >>
    > >> http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2
    > >>

    > > Wayne I just "acquired" a new kitty, too, but she's covered in ringworm

    > and
    > > we're currently undergoing treatment. You can find all of my "kids" at
    > > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1 Just click on the kitty pages.
    > >
    > > kili

    > All your kitties are beautiful, kili! Both of our twin boys had ringworm
    > when we got them. I had never encountered it before. We took them to the
    > vet. He was going to charge nearly $700 to treat them. There was no way
    > we could do that. We went elsewhere and got a prescription shampoo for
    > ringworm. We used that religiously, plus an over-the-counter ointment,

    and
    > they were ringworm free in about a month. Their coats are beautiful now.
    >
    > Your new baby is so sweet. She's going to be fine, and she will love you
    > all the more for helping her.
    >
    > --

    Thanks, Wayne. Yeah, we have her on Program® right now and as soon as her
    incision heals from the spaying, we're going to start shampoo treatment.
    The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her ringworm!
    I'm learning that it's not all that bad.

    kili

  3. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Our kitties...
    >
    > Popie was an "off the street" rescue about 4 months old. She adopted by
    > dough bowl to sleep in her first night here. She often still crams
    > herself
    > into it for a nap.
    >
    > The two tuxedos together are Peanut and Peewee, twin boys, rescued from
    > the
    > desert after their mother was carried off by a cayote.
    >
    > Mr. Bailey adopted "me" on a trip to PetSmart.
    >
    > Millie is our dowager queen, 13 years old, who came to us from the ASPCA.
    >
    > We adopted Margaret, now deceased, from a shelter after learning it would
    > be her last night there before being put down. She had been badly abused,
    > and trusted no one but me.
    >
    > These are our "kids"!
    >
    > http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Oh, Wayne! Your millie looks almost like my Toesie. Toesie is a
    multi-paw/toe male maine coon.

  4. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Our kitties...
    >>
    >> Popie was an "off the street" rescue about 4 months old. She adopted by
    >> dough bowl to sleep in her first night here. She often still crams

    > herself
    >> into it for a nap.
    >>
    >> The two tuxedos together are Peanut and Peewee, twin boys, rescued from

    > the
    >> desert after their mother was carried off by a cayote.
    >>
    >> Mr. Bailey adopted "me" on a trip to PetSmart.
    >>
    >> Millie is our dowager queen, 13 years old, who came to us from the ASPCA.
    >>
    >> We adopted Margaret, now deceased, from a shelter after learning it would
    >> be her last night there before being put down. She had been badly
    >> abused,
    >> and trusted no one but me.
    >>
    >> These are our "kids"!
    >>
    >> http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2
    >>

    > Wayne I just "acquired" a new kitty, too, but she's covered in ringworm
    > and
    > we're currently undergoing treatment. You can find all of my "kids" at
    > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1 Just click on the kitty pages.
    >
    > kili

    We had a cat do that too, but she was smart, she decided she wanted to be
    with us before she had the kittens. She had 5 lovely kittens on Labour Day
    of all things!

    Found homes for all of them and then got her spayed.

  5. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:42:52 GMT, kilikini wrote:

    > Wayne I just "acquired" a new kitty, too, but she's covered in ringworm and
    > we're currently undergoing treatment. You can find all of my "kids" at
    > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1 Just click on the kitty pages.
    >
    > kili

    Your new baby will get better; she's lucky to have you!

    I couldn't help but think that you won't be tripping over her in the
    dark of night with all that white fur. :) Rio was the first one I've
    had with white markings and believe me, it was easy to see him at
    night. http://tinypic.com/ddg777.jpg

  6. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:09:18 GMT, kilikini wrote:

    > The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her ringworm!

    WHAT??? What was he thinking?

    sf

  7. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:42:52 GMT, kilikini wrote:
    > >
    > > Wayne I just "acquired" a new kitty, too, but she's covered in ringworm

    and
    > > we're currently undergoing treatment. You can find all of my "kids" at
    > > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1 Just click on the kitty pages.
    > >
    > > kili
    > >

    > Your new baby will get better; she's lucky to have you!
    >
    > I couldn't help but think that you won't be tripping over her in the
    > dark of night with all that white fur. :) Rio was the first one I've
    > had with white markings and believe me, it was easy to see him at
    > night. http://tinypic.com/ddg777.jpg

    That's a great pic, Barb! I love it!

    kili

  8. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:09:18 GMT, kilikini wrote:
    >
    > > The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her

    ringworm!

    > WHAT??? What was he thinking?
    >
    > sf

    *She* and she was practically telling me to put her down.

    kili

  9. ntantiques

    ntantiques Guest

    kilikini wrote:
    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun 04 Sep 2005 03:42:52p, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    > >

    > > > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    > by

    > > ASPCA.

    > > would

    > > abused,

    > > > Wayne I just "acquired" a new kitty, too, but she's covered in ringworm

    > > and
    > > > we're currently undergoing treatment. You can find all of my "kids" at
    > > > http://www.geocities.com/kilikini1 Just click on the kitty pages.
    > > >
    > > > kili

    > > All your kitties are beautiful, kili! Both of our twin boys had ringworm
    > > when we got them. I had never encountered it before. We took them to the
    > > vet. He was going to charge nearly $700 to treat them. There was no way
    > > we could do that. We went elsewhere and got a prescription shampoo for
    > > ringworm. We used that religiously, plus an over-the-counter ointment,

    > and
    > > they were ringworm free in about a month. Their coats are beautiful now.
    > >
    > > Your new baby is so sweet. She's going to be fine, and she will love you
    > > all the more for helping her.
    > >
    > > --

    > Thanks, Wayne. Yeah, we have her on Program® right now and as soon as her
    > incision heals from the spaying, we're going to start shampoo treatment.
    > The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her ringworm!
    > I'm learning that it's not all that bad.
    >
    > kili

    Wayne & Kili,

    Your "kids" are dear - and very lucky to have landed in such good
    homes. Admit a soft spot for tuxedos - we are owned by several.
    Worked in animal rescue for quite a while & aquired a small herd of
    "unadoptables", who presented a challenge when we moved to Oregon from
    CA last year. Love them all to pieces, but that was the longest drive
    of my life!

    Ringworm's a bitch, but definitely treatable. If you aren't already, it
    would be a very good idea to quarantine your ringworm kitty in an
    easily cleaned room (like a bathroom) and pay special attention to
    sanitizing your hands and clothing until the ringworm is totally
    cleared up. It's easily spread to other animals and the cat who is
    being treated can be reinfected. If you have access to a real
    hepafilter, use it in the room with the kitty. Grab a box of disposable
    surgical goves and wear them when handling the cat. Definitely go over
    surfaces regularly with a 1:10 chlorine bleach solution and wash the
    cat's bedding in hot water and chlorine bleach often. It's a bit of a
    pain (and it seems sort of mean to isolate the cat), but it's temporary
    & well worth it.

    We successfully treated & placed a whole bunch of "ringworm kitties"
    over the years. The only time we had long-term problems was when
    soft-hearted fosters got sloppy with the sanitation issues. Good luck
    with your new baby Kili - she'll be curled up on the end of your bed in
    no time.
    Nancy T

  10. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:34:47 GMT, kilikini wrote:

    > "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:09:18 GMT, kilikini wrote:
    > >
    > > > The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her

    > ringworm!
    > >
    > > WHAT??? What was he thinking?
    > >
    > > sf

    > *She* and she was practically telling me to put her down.

    But why????

  11. On Sun 04 Sep 2005 04:09:20p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Oh, Wayne! Your millie looks almost like my Toesie. Toesie is a
    > multi-paw/toe male maine coon.

    Oh, that is special! Millie is a bobtail, has about a 1-1/2" stub. :) Our
    twin boy tuxdos are also bobtails.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
    unless there are three other people.

  12. Ken Davey

    Ken Davey Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:09:18 GMT, kilikini wrote:
    >
    >> The vet practically gave me a death sentence on her because of her
    >> ringworm!

    > WHAT??? What was he thinking?
    >
    > sf

    $$$s

    Ken.

  13. On Sun 04 Sep 2005 05:07:20p, ntantiques wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Wayne & Kili,
    >
    > Your "kids" are dear - and very lucky to have landed in such good
    > homes. Admit a soft spot for tuxedos - we are owned by several.
    > Worked in animal rescue for quite a while & aquired a small herd of
    > "unadoptables", who presented a challenge when we moved to Oregon from
    > CA last year. Love them all to pieces, but that was the longest drive
    > of my life!

    Thank you, we love them dearly. When we moved from OH to AZ, we only had two
    kitties. That was enough of a challenge! :)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
    unless there are three other people.

  14. sf

    sf Guest

    On 5 Sep 2005 02:45:01 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > On Sun 04 Sep 2005 04:09:20p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    > > Oh, Wayne! Your millie looks almost like my Toesie. Toesie is a
    > > multi-paw/toe male maine coon.

    > Oh, that is special! Millie is a bobtail, has about a 1-1/2" stub. :) Our
    > twin boy tuxdos are also bobtails.

    How did they end up with bobtails? Our Kingston has a long "bobtail"
    about 4 inches. His mom was a solid gray Manx show cat who escaped
    and catted around, so to speak. All of his brothers and sisters are
    solid steel gray with thick coats; 2 litter littermates had the
    typical Manx no-tail and two had regular tails. He was the runt of
    the litter (you'd never know it now) and his tail is halfway
    in-between theirs. After DD was came back from Bali this summer, she
    said cats over there are his long lost relatives because their tails
    look just like his!

  15. On Sun 04 Sep 2005 05:59:25p, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > On 5 Sep 2005 02:45:01 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun 04 Sep 2005 04:09:20p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >>
    >> > Oh, Wayne! Your millie looks almost like my Toesie. Toesie is a
    >> > multi-paw/toe male maine coon.

    >> Oh, that is special! Millie is a bobtail, has about a 1-1/2" stub.
    >> :) Our twin boy tuxdos are also bobtails.

    > How did they end up with bobtails? Our Kingston has a long "bobtail"
    > about 4 inches. His mom was a solid gray Manx show cat who escaped
    > and catted around, so to speak. All of his brothers and sisters are
    > solid steel gray with thick coats; 2 litter littermates had the
    > typical Manx no-tail and two had regular tails. He was the runt of
    > the litter (you'd never know it now) and his tail is halfway
    > in-between theirs. After DD was came back from Bali this summer, she
    > said cats over there are his long lost relatives because their tails
    > look just like his!

    We do know they were all born that way, but we never saw the twin boys'
    parents, so have no idea. When we adopted Millie from the ASPCA, she, her
    mother, and the rest of the litter were there as well. Her mother was a
    bobtail (no tail at all, but not Manx), and one of Millie's sisters had a
    tail about the same as Millie's.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
    unless there are three other people.

  16. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:34:47 GMT, kilikini wrote:
    >

    > > "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > ringworm!
    > > >
    > > > WHAT??? What was he thinking?
    > > >
    > > > sf

    > > *She* and she was practically telling me to put her down.
    > >

    > But why????

    I don't know! She had me all paranoid. Thanks to a cat group on Usenet, I
    feel much better now.

    kili

  17. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "ntantiques" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    kilikini wrote:
    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Sun 04 Sep 2005 03:42:52p, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    > >

    > > > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    Wayne & Kili,

    Your "kids" are dear - and very lucky to have landed in such good
    homes. Admit a soft spot for tuxedos - we are owned by several.
    Worked in animal rescue for quite a while & aquired a small herd of
    "unadoptables", who presented a challenge when we moved to Oregon from
    CA last year. Love them all to pieces, but that was the longest drive
    of my life!

    Ringworm's a bitch, but definitely treatable. If you aren't already, it
    would be a very good idea to quarantine your ringworm kitty in an
    easily cleaned room (like a bathroom) and pay special attention to
    sanitizing your hands and clothing until the ringworm is totally
    cleared up. It's easily spread to other animals and the cat who is
    being treated can be reinfected. If you have access to a real
    hepafilter, use it in the room with the kitty. Grab a box of disposable
    surgical goves and wear them when handling the cat. Definitely go over
    surfaces regularly with a 1:10 chlorine bleach solution and wash the
    cat's bedding in hot water and chlorine bleach often. It's a bit of a
    pain (and it seems sort of mean to isolate the cat), but it's temporary
    & well worth it.

    We successfully treated & placed a whole bunch of "ringworm kitties"
    over the years. The only time we had long-term problems was when
    soft-hearted fosters got sloppy with the sanitation issues. Good luck
    with your new baby Kili - she'll be curled up on the end of your bed in
    no time.
    Nancy T

    -

    Thanks, Nance. Wish I could isolate her in a room as you say (gosh I wish I
    could!). As it is she's been in a back bedroom for 3 weeks........but
    carpeted. I can only clean with disinfectant, which I do, but that's the
    best I can do. I live in a really small 800 square foot house, that I can
    proudly say we own!, but sticking her in our tiny bathroom is worse than
    being in the room she's currently in. I'm just praying for a good outcome.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

    kili

  18. In article <[email protected]>,
    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Our kitties...
    >
    > Popie was an "off the street" rescue about 4 months old. She adopted by
    > dough bowl to sleep in her first night here. She often still crams herself
    > into it for a nap.
    >
    > The two tuxedos together are Peanut and Peewee, twin boys, rescued from the
    > desert after their mother was carried off by a cayote.
    >
    > Mr. Bailey adopted "me" on a trip to PetSmart.
    >
    > Millie is our dowager queen, 13 years old, who came to us from the ASPCA.
    >
    > We adopted Margaret, now deceased, from a shelter after learning it would
    > be her last night there before being put down. She had been badly abused,
    > and trusted no one but me.
    >
    > These are our "kids"!
    >
    > http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Your "kids" appear to be well fed. ;-)

    Buncha cuties!!!
    --
    Om.

  19. On Sun 04 Sep 2005 11:46:53p, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> These are our "kids"!
    >>
    >> http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2
    >>
    >> --
    >> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    > Your "kids" appear to be well fed. ;-)

    They've trained us to feed them on demand. :) Mr. Bailey is the emissary.
    When he thinks it's time to eat, he comes and talks to us!

    > Buncha cuties!!!

    Thanks!

    --

  20. Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > Our kitties...

    *Text snipped*

    > These are our "kids"!
    >
    > http://groups.msn.com/WaynesGang/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2

    Wayne, Thank you, you have a beautiful family. Isn't it difficult to
    take care of five cats? Do they all get along? Do you let them go
    out of the house, or are they inside cats? I hate to think what your
    veterinarian costs are, as well as their food bills. But I know that
    it is all well worth it. Until my husband died, we always had three
    cats in our small NYC apartments. Now I only have Tandoora. MS