Way OT: Our kitties (someone requested to see pix)

"kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> kilikini wrote:
>>

>> > I've always wondered what it tasted like. Thanks for the description!
>> >
>> > kili

>> No problem! As I said to Wayne, next time we have ostrich, I will take
>> pix and at least you can "see" it! I am sure there must be plenty
>> places in the US where you could try it? (I hope so - it is exported).
>> I think you are in the States?
>> Cheers
>> cathy(xyz)
>>

> Yep, I'm in the states, but I haven't seen it on any menu.
>
> kili

I think Cabela's has ostrich sandwiches.
However, not many people have Cabela's close by.
Dee Dee

kilikini wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Tue 06 Sep 2005 04:20:44a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant in Memphis -
>> heck, I don't even know if it's still open. They featured emu
>> steaks, elk steaks, boar, in other words all manner of game. I
>> always wanted to go there.

> Shoots, Jill. Next time TFM® and I go to TN, well actually visit you
> and let's go to this restaurant. I'm up for it and if TFM® can eat
> squirrel and possum, I'm sure he can eat Emu or Elk.
>
> kili

Let me see if I can find the name of the restaurant, kili. I vaguely
remember where it was located but don't know if it's still there. I just
remember them advertising it on rock103 a lot a couple of years ago. Maybe
Stark would remember the place I'm talking about? (I don't know why
Anderton's comes to mind since that's known as a seafood place but you'd
love that place, too!)

Elk steaks are fantastic. I've eaten moose, too. I even like venison,
except for the smoked venison sausages Ray gave me once. They were way dry
and too "smoked" for my taste. Might have well gone to the 7-11 and bought
a bag of smoked jerky :)

Jill

On Tue 06 Sep 2005 09:13:41a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> kilikini wrote:
>>

>> > I've always wondered what it tasted like. Thanks for the description!
>> >
>> > kili

>> No problem! As I said to Wayne, next time we have ostrich, I will take
>> pix and at least you can "see" it! I am sure there must be plenty
>> places in the US where you could try it? (I hope so - it is exported).
>> I think you are in the States?
>> Cheers
>> cathy(xyz)
>>

> Yep, I'm in the states, but I haven't seen it on any menu.
>
> kili

Here in AZ we have ostrich and emu farms. I do occasionally see the meat
in the market. I can't remember if I've seen it on a restaurant menu, but
then, I wasn't looking. :)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

On Tue 06 Sep 2005 07:58:04a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> You don't eat sea monsters, Wayne? My hubby won't either. I love them!
> I'd eat nothing BUT sea monsters if I could afford them. Raw fish?
> Love it. Oysters? Try them grilled. Their texture becomes more firm,
> more like a clam. We used to grill oysters back on Maui on the
> halfshell, with butter, chives, LOTS of garlic and cheddar cheese. They
> kind of boil in the butter and their own juices. Totally different
> flavor than raw. Surprise yourself sometime.
>
> kili

No monsters for me! :) If the oyster was firm, I'd consder it. I may try
them again. I love clams. I did have fried oysters once, and they were
pretty good, but don't see them on menus often. It's not something I'd
prepare at home.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue 06 Sep 2005 09:13:41a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> No problem! As I said to Wayne, next time we have ostrich, I will take
>>> pix and at least you can "see" it! I am sure there must be plenty
>>> places in the US where you could try it? (I hope so - it is exported).
>>> I think you are in the States?
>>> Cheers
>>> cathy(xyz)
>>>

>> Yep, I'm in the states, but I haven't seen it on any menu.
>>
>> kili

> Here in AZ we have ostrich and emu farms. I do occasionally see the meat
> in the market. I can't remember if I've seen it on a restaurant menu, but
> then, I wasn't looking. :)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

I assume that one eats emu? I use it as a salve -- tee hee -- you know,
BLUE EMU.
Pure emu oil is some pretty strong stuff.
Dee Dee

On Tue 06 Sep 2005 10:35:39a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue 06 Sep 2005 09:13:41a, kilikini wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>>> "cathyxyz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

description!

>>> Yep, I'm in the states, but I haven't seen it on any menu.
>>>
>>> kili

>> Here in AZ we have ostrich and emu farms. I do occasionally see the

meat
>> in the market. I can't remember if I've seen it on a restaurant menu,

but
>> then, I wasn't looking. :)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> I assume that one eats emu? I use it as a salve -- tee hee -- you know,
> BLUE EMU.
> Pure emu oil is some pretty strong stuff.
> Dee Dee

Someone must. They sell the meat. :)