Way OT---SUCKING Prairie Dogs

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the tunnels
    with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers being
    ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice bucks.

    Tags:

  2. The U.S. gov't. has a similar giant sucking vacuum in place that sucks up those nice bucks he gets
    from Japan...the I.R.S.
    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the tunnels
    > with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers being
    > ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice bucks.

  3. I use the small version to suck the cabling through my SWB frame.

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the tunnels
    > with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers being
    > ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice bucks.

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Torben Scheel wrote:

    > I use the small version to suck the cabling through my SWB frame.

    If the cabling does not come through, a piece of string can be sucked through the frame and used
    to pull the cable. String is often blown through underground duct banks, then used to pull
    cables through.

    There is at least one case on record of using a cat to pull a string through an underground conduit.

  5. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    I used to use a remote controlled toy tank (sans gun turret) to pull string through drop ceilings,
    then use the string to pull computer network cables. Tank was light enough for the ceiling to
    support it, treads would go over existing wires, support grid, etc., and a mini mag light and duct
    tape provided illumination.

  6. "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > . . . There is at least one case on record of using a cat to pull a string through an underground
    > conduit.

    It's not that uncommon to use ferrets.

    Fred

  7. Yeah...you could have used Prairie Dogs, but they've all been shipped to Japan.
    "Fred Klingener" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > . . . There is at least one case on record of using a cat to pull a string through an
    > > underground conduit.
    >
    > It's not that uncommon to use ferrets.
    >
    > Fred

  8. My god will this cold weather never end! A Prarie Dog Sucking Thread. This is extreme cabin feaver
    behavior. However off topic, its nice to learn of yet another use for Live Cat's and Ferrets. 22.5
    degrees here in Sayre, Pa with a wind chill of near absolute zero. Denny "Bent but not Broken"
    www.recumbentstuff.com

    > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > . . . There is at least one case on record of using a cat to pull a string through an
    > > underground conduit.
    >
    > It's not that uncommon to use ferrets.
    >
    > Fred

  9. "Denny Voorhees" skrev ...
    > My god will this cold weather never end! A Prarie Dog Sucking Thread. This is extreme cabin feaver
    > behavior. However off topic, its nice to learn of yet another use for Live Cat's and Ferrets. 22.5
    > degrees here in Sayre, Pa with a wind chill of near absolute zero.

    15C in the sun here at 56N and plenty of sun around noon too. First time this year I've ridden
    without gloves. Go me!

    Mikael

  10. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    Are they sold for food?

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the tunnels
    > with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers being
    > ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice bucks.

  11. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    No...now, pick one from column 'a", and one from column "b". With two, you get eggrolls. "Alpha
    Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Are they sold for food?
    >
    > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the
    > > tunnels with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers
    > > being ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice
    > > bucks.

  12. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    Sold for food? "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the tunnels
    > with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little suckers being
    > ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN for nice bucks.

  13. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    Maybe fur coats. (Can't figure out why you would want a prarie dog.)

    "baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No...now, pick one from column 'a", and one from column "b". With two,
    you
    > get eggrolls. "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Are they sold for food?
    > >
    > > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Watching Maxium Exp on Tv . Saw a guy that started a Co that Sucks Prairie Dogs out of the
    > > > tunnels with a giant vac like the ones septic tank trucks use.It showed the poor little
    > > > suckers being ejected into a holding tank[THUMP} They said he then sells the critters to JAPAN
    > > > for nice bucks.

  14. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

  15. Pets, believe it or not. Most pet shops have them. Chipmunks are also popular, as well as hamster
    and ferrets. Small houses and apartments need small pets.

    I don't know of any other uses for prairie dogs. We don't eat or wear them. Not knowingly, anyway.

    - Ken (ARBR Japanese Correspondent)

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:03:22 -0500, "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Maybe fur coats. (Can't figure out why you would want a prarie dog.)
    >
    >"baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> No...now, pick one from column 'a", and one from column "b". With two,
    >you
    >> get eggrolls. "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Are they sold for food?
    >> >
    >> > "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]...

  16. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

  17. > > Sold for food?
    > Bingo..... The program hinted at that.

    I heard of that machine years ago. He must be making a double profit now.

    Back then they were sucking up these critters and relocating them. It seems corporations and golf
    courses thought this more humane. (I suppose getting sucked through a tube into a steel container
    could be humane?)