Wayne's Chuckle of the Day

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Boatwright, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my pick:

    http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

  3. On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:06:40a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?

    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    > Thanks Wayne,
    >
    > I appreciate it. Now ya done made me hungry. :)

    Go eat something, Bud.

    > Mind taking over the CotD for a while?

    I'd be happy to, but let me know when you'd like it back. Your picks are
    so good!

    Hang in there, my friend.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:06:40a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?
    >
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    >> Thanks Wayne,
    >>
    >> I appreciate it. Now ya done made me hungry. :)

    > Go eat something, Bud.
    >
    >> Mind taking over the CotD for a while?

    > I'd be happy to, but let me know when you'd like it back. Your picks
    > are so good!
    >
    > Hang in there, my friend.

    Thanks Wayne,

    Welcome to the staff.

    Sorry about the pay. Either you get replies or you don't.

    All the best,

    Andy

  5. On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:42:49a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?

    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:06:40a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?
    >>
    >>> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>> news:[email protected]:

    >>> Thanks Wayne,
    >>>
    >>> I appreciate it. Now ya done made me hungry. :)

    >> Go eat something, Bud.
    >>
    >>> Mind taking over the CotD for a while?

    >> I'd be happy to, but let me know when you'd like it back. Your picks
    >> are so good!
    >>
    >> Hang in there, my friend.

    > Thanks Wayne,
    >
    > Welcome to the staff.
    >
    > Sorry about the pay. Either you get replies or you don't.
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Andy

    LOL!

    No problem...

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  6. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my
    >pick:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    Thanks Wayne:) The first one reminds me of when my grandson was really
    small. We were in a local resto and at the next table was a group of
    young women. My grandson likes the girls (he is 4 now btw) and
    proceeded to go over to chat them up. Through the window he could see
    the sign for McDonalds. His modus operadi in chatting them up was to
    point a lot to the sign and tell them all about Happy Meals:)) I think
    he was hoping to fascinate them so much, they would scoop him up and
    take him for one:))

  7. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

  8. On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:49:14a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my
    >>pick:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    > Thanks Wayne:) The first one reminds me of when my grandson was really
    > small. We were in a local resto and at the next table was a group of
    > young women. My grandson likes the girls (he is 4 now btw) and
    > proceeded to go over to chat them up. Through the window he could see
    > the sign for McDonalds. His modus operadi in chatting them up was to
    > point a lot to the sign and tell them all about Happy Meals:)) I think
    > he was hoping to fascinate them so much, they would scoop him up and
    > take him for one:))

    That's really cute!

    His liking the girls reminds me of me at around that age. Back in 1949,
    when I was 4-1/2, I had a kindergarten classmate named Patricia, on whom I
    had a huge crush. At the same time, Perry Como had a hit record entitled,
    "Patricia". I followed her all the way home from school one day singing it
    all the way.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  9. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:49:14a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    >> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my
    >>>pick:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    >> Thanks Wayne:) The first one reminds me of when my grandson was
    >> really
    >> small. We were in a local resto and at the next table was a group of
    >> young women. My grandson likes the girls (he is 4 now btw) and
    >> proceeded to go over to chat them up. Through the window he could
    >> see
    >> the sign for McDonalds. His modus operadi in chatting them up was to
    >> point a lot to the sign and tell them all about Happy Meals:)) I
    >> think
    >> he was hoping to fascinate them so much, they would scoop him up and
    >> take him for one:))

    > That's really cute!
    >
    > His liking the girls reminds me of me at around that age. Back in
    > 1949,
    > when I was 4-1/2, I had a kindergarten classmate named Patricia, on
    > whom I
    > had a huge crush. At the same time, Perry Como had a hit record
    > entitled,
    > "Patricia". I followed her all the way home from school one day
    > singing it
    > all the way.

    Awwwwwwwwww lovely. That is my name btw but no one ever calls me by
    it:))

  10. On Tue 03 Jan 2006 08:18:53a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Tue 03 Jan 2006 05:49:14a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >>

    >>> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Thanks Wayne:) The first one reminds me of when my grandson was
    >>> really small. We were in a local resto and at the next table was a
    >>> group of young women. My grandson likes the girls (he is 4 now btw)
    >>> and proceeded to go over to chat them up. Through the window he
    >>> could see the sign for McDonalds. His modus operadi in chatting
    >>> them up was to point a lot to the sign and tell them all about Happy
    >>> Meals:)) I think he was hoping to fascinate them so much, they
    >>> would scoop him up and take him for one:))

    >> That's really cute!
    >>
    >> His liking the girls reminds me of me at around that age. Back in
    >> 1949, when I was 4-1/2, I had a kindergarten classmate named Patricia,
    >> on whom I
    >> had a huge crush. At the same time, Perry Como had a hit record
    >> entitled, "Patricia". I followed her all the way home from school one
    >> day singing it
    >> all the way.

    > Awwwwwwwwww lovely. That is my name btw but no one ever calls me by
    > it:))

    I've always liked that name, probably because of that incident. :)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  11. biig

    biig Guest

    Andy, you deserve some time to cope with your loss. My sincere
    condolences to you and your brother. ....Sharon

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my pick:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    That was sweet of you Wayne! :)

    Well done!!!!!

    <smooch>
    --
    Om.

  13. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > I can't imagine Andy feeling like posting one today, so here goes my pick:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ahmg2

    Works for me. heh heh. Very nice thing to do, Wayne.

    --
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  14. ensenadajim