WAYYY OT - boxers do indeed rule!

AlleyGator

Guest
I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
- a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

In <[email protected]> AlleyGator wrote:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

Agree 100%

We have two dogs (black lab/ozzie shepherd) and both are wonderful
friends. A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
you've got a dog...

http://www.ratbagandmooch.net/dogs/

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

"AlleyGator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have)

Good luck with that, okay?

> At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
>I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
>if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
>met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
>If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
>boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.
>
>nancy

Nancy, for 14 years of my childhood, I lived with a toy fox terrier
dog. Man, what a friend he was. And I promise you, dear - Boxers are
a little intimidating at first - I called him the "hound from hell"
the first few days after my son brought him in. But, bless his heart,
he was just scared, lost and all alone. I'm sure he has no doubt that
I love him a lot - call me a sucker, but I'd shoot you dead if you
hurt one of my dogs. He started life here in a cage. He now has full
run of the house 24/7. And if he feels like it, he either sleeps with
us or my son. Nobody cares, because EVERYBODY loves him. Dang good
dog.

Nancy Young wrote:

> I know I already said this, my neighbor's kid brought one home, well
> if this isn't the friggin sweetest dog you ever met (okay, unless you had
> met mine, Rascal the wire haired fox terrier) ... oh, what a doll face.
> If I dare to get another dog some day, I'll SERIOUSLY consider a
> boxer, even though they are bigger than I like. Nice nice dogs.

I had Labs most of my life and always liked their friendly playful nature.
The first dog I got after I was married was a Bouvier des Flandres, a gentle
loving dog that was very protective of my wife and our young baby. She was a
bright and obedient dog, but that long hair was a challenge. We went back to
Labs. When the last Lab was hit by a car we picked up a mutt at the pound,
the most interesting looking mutt I ever say. He is half Shepherd and half
Bouvier. It's a pity that he never inherited the traits commonly associated
with those breeds, like loyalty, intelligence and obedience. The poor guy
came from an abusive background and it has taken 4 years to to overcome some
of his trust issues, but he has become quite affectionate, not that he wasn't
always friendly.

A few years ago we were contacted by a friend who was helping a friend who
was looking for a home for a neighbour's dog. The owner was a young guy who
had a business that he ran out of his house. He had a 2 year old and a new
born and a wife that was depressed enough to have to be hospitalized. The
dog was messing up because of neglect and need for attention. They brought
him down to see if we qualified as foster parents for this dog. He is a
Groenendahl (Belgium Sheep Dog). We fell in love with this guy, and he with
us. He got along great with the current mutt and with the neighbour's three
dogs, all of whom run free around here, but he quickly established himself as
the Alpha male. This dog is so bright that he scares me. He seems to know
what I am doing and where I am going before I know. He was well trained when
we got him. He slips up once in a while but a quick refresher to course and
he is right back to form. We have the hair issue with him too, but I it's
worth the time and effort to do regular grooming because he is so reliable.

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote:
Oh, and BTW Nancy. Even though this guy is the biggest baby you ever
met, when the chips are down, he will literally defend you to the
point of death. We have a guy who we have had ongoing problems with.
He, unfortunately for him, showed up again not long after said dog
became my best friend. I have a bucket with some shreds of blue
jeans, some dried blood, and what appears to be some pieces of flesh
for your enjoyment. At the time, I went outside with the dog and a
Glock 17 (good companions IMHO) loaded with (ahh, never mind) - and
after a couple of tries with the usual civil "can I help you?" it
deteriorated into something I really didn't enjoy at all. I finally
said "allright, **** - take your pick a bullet or the dog?". Well,
despite my best intentions, the dog got away from me, and the rest is
history. If you want details, we need to hook up by email, because
the jerk is apparently suing me. I have no doubt at all, I will win.
But the jerk is gonna do some serious cash in my direction, SHMG.
BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
- you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
"nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.

AlleyGator wrote:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

We always had "stupid" but "loving" doggies while growing up (little
mix-breeds of cockapoos & such. They would never hurt a soul.

I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first
doggie". Has to be a lap-dog though. :)

Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
> I had Labs most of my life and always liked their friendly playful nature.
>The first dog I got after I was married was a Bouvier des Flandres, a gentle
>loving dog that was very protective of my wife and our young baby. She was a
>bright and obedient dog, but that long hair was a challenge. We went back to
>Labs. When the last Lab was hit by a car we picked up a mutt at the pound,
>the most interesting looking mutt I ever say. He is half Shepherd and half
>Bouvier. It's a pity that he never inherited the traits commonly associated
>with those breeds, like loyalty, intelligence and obedience. The poor guy
>came from an abusive background and it has taken 4 years to to overcome some
>of his trust issues, but he has become quite affectionate, not that he wasn't
>always friendly.

Wow, Dave. I have NEVER heard of a Bouvier des Flandres. Dang, I'll
tell you what - I'm gonna look it up and God help me I'm such a dog
sucker I'll probably find and buy one. Jeez, I love dogs - all of
them ugly or proud - I love 'em all.

[email protected] (AlleyGator) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

My Black Lab killed one boxer outright and maimed another so bad it was
put down. This happened when I was 12 and the owner sicced the 2 on me.
So you can see why I prefer labs...Quebec Retrievers to be more exacting.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban

Denise~* <[email protected]> wrote:

>We always had "stupid" but "loving" doggies while growing up (little
>mix-breeds of cockapoos & such. They would never hurt a soul.
>
>I miss having a doggie, but right now life is too busy. Maybe when the
>boy-child gets old enough to help, we will get him his own "first
>doggie". Has to be a lap-dog though. :)

Denise, Lord what can I say? Even a "stupid" dog is a blessing. Do
you have (apparently) small children?. Dang, get a dog. Your kids
will hug you and say "thanks mom" someday. I swear to God, you won't
regret it. My son is almost 20 and still pines fer the Lab that used
to knock him on his butt with the tail. Dogs are a gift from God - I
am convinced. I am CERTAIN that dogs are a special breed of animal
with no other likeness in the universe - bar none. If you can change
my mind about this, go for it - I'm pretty sure I can kick your butt.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet <[email protected]> wrote:
>My Black Lab killed one boxer outright and maimed another so bad it was
>put down. This happened when I was 12 and the owner sicced the 2 on me.
>So you can see why I prefer labs...Quebec Retrievers to be more exacting.
>
>--
>No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
>Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
>Continuing to be Manitoban

Oh, dang, man. I guess that was pretty gruesome. Yeah, I have had 2
black labs and one of my current dogs is a black lab/golden
retreiver/chow mix. Heck of a nice dog. But if he wanted to kill
you, I a'int standing in his way. Dang, what a strong dog.

Ruddell <ruddell'Elle-Kabong'@canada.com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> A dogs loyalty is never questioned and you're never alone if
> you've got a dog...

Plus, they make great "before the doorbell" doorbells.

Annabelle
Jack Russell "Terror"
1983 - 1994
R.I.P.

--
"If you can't do it naturally, then fake it."
- Alfred Hitchcock

AlleyGator wrote:
> Yeah, I have had 2 black labs and one of my current dogs is a black
> lab/golden retreiver/chow mix. Heck of a nice dog. But if he wanted
> to kill you, I a'int standing in his way. Dang, what a strong dog.

Are you sure he's part chow? Labradors often have black on their
tongues even if purebreds.

Best regards,
Bob

> My Black Lab killed one boxer outright and maimed another so bad it was
> put down. This happened when I was 12 and the owner sicced the 2 on me.
> So you can see why I prefer labs...Quebec Retrievers to be more exacting.

I keep hearing a story from my mother about how she used to put me in a pram
in the front yard and leave our family Lab "Duke" to keep me company. One day
a Boxer came too close to me and old Duke took off after him and tore him up
pretty badly. At least that is the story I keep hearing.

A surprisingly sweet tempered dog is the English Bulldog. They have a
fierce sort of appearance but I know a few people who have had them and loved
them. They have a very loving disposition despite that pushed in face.

"AlleyGator" <[email protected]> wrote

> Oh, and BTW Nancy.

> history. If you want details, we need to hook up by email, because
> the jerk is apparently suing me. I have no doubt at all, I will win.
> But the jerk is gonna do some serious cash in my direction, SHMG.
> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
> to act like some bigshot.

This is the second post in a row that you threatened to hurt me. I know,
you don't mean *me* you but I promise I have no intention of hurting you
or your family or pets in any way.

I wouldn't mind the story of your lawsuit, you can email me.

nancy

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

My wife and I raised and bred boxers for almost 15 years.

Boxers are very loyal and HIGHLY PROTECTIVE of "their family". They are
not protective in a vicious sense, but protective in that, until THEY
determine the person/situation is OK, that person/situation is not going
to get to you as long as they are alive.

If you have kids, get a boxer. The ONLY other breed I am aware of that
is better with kids than a boxer is a golden retriever.

AlleyGator wrote:

> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
> to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
> "nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
> oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
> if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
> my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.

WTF?

zxcvbob wrote:

> AlleyGator wrote:
>
>> BTW, if you intend to do me harm and you're less than 10 yards from me
>> - you better say some prayers quick. Cause I'll put 3 rounds in your
>> chest and 2 through your eye before you can take a breath. Like the
>> duke sayd, not braggin, just fact, ma'am. Sorry Nancy, I'm not trying
>> to act like some bigshot. I'm just telling you that a lot of us
>> "nobodies" out there shoot every weekend and can take care of
>> oursleves, thank you very much. I have a 16-year old daughter. And
>> if for NO other reason, I keep my skills honed. Because if you hurt
>> my girl, I'm going to prison, and I don't care.

> WTF?

I'd like to second that "WTF?"
Goomba

"AlleyGator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm sure I told you all that back near the first of November, we
> rescued a freezing, starving Boxer dog. Good grief, what a stroke of
> fortune. I have had many dogs in my life and currently have 3 other
> great dogs, but this "gentleman" is more than I ever hoped for. I
> have a potentially fatal affliction (don't mourn, just get over it - I
> have) At this moment, as I type, he is trying to get me to "play" -
> which, OMG is an invitation for stiches. OK, I have to go deal with
> the mutt - just rest assured that if you are looking fer yer first dog
> - a Boxer is the way to go. Loyal beyond belief. If I'm sick in bed,
> He's at my feet and anyone who enters the room gets a facefull of
> teeth and growl until he figures that theyre really supposed to be
> there. Dang, get a dog - that's all I can say.

Giggle! Yep, we too have a Boxer dog. (Ms.) Petey's Maximum Security
(PMS). She totally rocks. She has the sweetest disposition and at nearly 7
she still thinks she is a puppy. One added plus - she doesn't drool!!!

Cyndi