WBT goes to the 2006 Giro !

Well you all got me thinking now... maybe the laptop could fit in the backpack
? next to the satilite dish, the fold up chair, the TV, the wine, the cheese.......

cyclingheroes said:
I will have my laptop with me and write some reports at the forum, pictures will be (you will find pictures of the 2005 Giro there as well) at the website below (See signature)

whiteboytrash said:
Well you all got me thinking now... maybe the laptop could fit in the backpack
? next to the satilite dish, the fold up chair, the TV, the wine, the cheese.......
Haha, no leave that stuff at home... i will have to take my laptop with me anyway (to store text, pictures etc.) and yes in my backpack, but i will go up to the top of the mountains by bike anyway....

whiteboytrash said:
Hullo - WBT will be traveling to Stage 17 to Plan de Corones of this years Giro.
Thanks for the WARNING !

(joking:D )

Have a great time, take pictures and be nice to any American's you might see over there.;)

Lw

lwedge said:
Have a great time, take pictures and be nice to any American's you might see over there.;) Lw
only if they don't say the following: (say in American accent)

"Like, why doesn't anyone speak English round here, right now ?"

"Like, why can't you get a decent steak in this part of the world, right now ?"

"Like, these guys on there bikes are ok but nothing like Lance, right now"

"Like, some of these guys need to do cycling 101, look how far they are behind the main group, right now"

"Like, you think the menu's would be in English, like we are not going to tip them if there not in English, right now"

"Like, right now, I was reading cyclingforums.com and there is this awesome dude, whiteboytrash and like, apparently he is here somewhere, right now !" :)

Kronplatz is gonna be crazy... You´re a lucky man.

But I just don´t get why they don´t pave those roads... Imagine the quantity of punctures we´ll have...

whiteboytrash said:
Its going to be crazy on Plan de Corones.... a local resident has posted some photos of the road and the work that is being done in attempt to make the road rideable.... CyclingHeros and WBT will be on the mountain and its going to be the greatest stage in Grand Tour history....

http://www.ustariaposta.it/igor/PlandeCoronesGirodItalia/index.html
Are you going to hold up a sign saying "hello bluetrain"? Or dress up like a Mexican or the Devil like in the TdF so we can see you on the coverage? Just dont put a stick in Savoldelli's spokes. Will you get me JU's autograph?

Good gravel road can be better than bad paved one. There will be no more punctures than normal...road tyres are a lot better than you think they are..:)

Great photos WBT, thanks for that! There`s still a lot of work to do, plenty of "gravelling"! Some parts are really steep! Especially where road goes straight up the ski slope. I just can`t wait for that stage!

thebluetrain said:
Are you going to hold up a sign saying "hello bluetrain"? Or dress up like a Mexican or the Devil like in the TdF so we can see you on the coverage? Just dont put a stick in Savoldelli's spokes. Will you get me JU's autograph?
I will hold up a sign saying "Hello Bluetrain".... I will ! I really will ! I will dress normal... today I bought a fold up chair so I don't have to stand up for hours.... I plan to get there around 6am... I'm not going to miss out on a front-row view.... no chance.

Virenque said:
Great photos WBT, thanks for that! There`s still a lot of work to do, plenty of "gravelling"! Some parts are really steep! Especially where road goes straight up the ski slope. I just can`t wait for that stage!
I get to Kronplatz on Monday and I will have my laptop and digital camera with me... I plan to go onto the stage on Tuesday (before Wedneday stage actual) and I'll take some photo's and send to the forum.... In my research the only way to get onto the mountain is to take cable cars from Kronplatz (Brunico).... the Giro organisers will have 3 cable cars running from 6am in the morning of the stage....

whiteboytrash said:
I get to Kronplatz on Monday and I will have my laptop and digital camera with me... I plan to go onto the stage on Tuesday (before Wedneday stage actual) and I'll take some photo's and send to the forum.... In my research the only way to get onto the mountain is to take cable cars from Kronplatz (Brunico).... the Giro organisers will have 3 cable cars running from 6am in the morning of the stage....
The cable cars are also starting in Olang and your research was correct, you can only get to the top by cable car.

Well you could walk....:D

alibat said:
I am sooooo jealous WBT. Sometimes my job is such a pain. Us teachers might get a long summer break but it never ties in well with the racing. I would swap some of those weeks for being able to take time when I wanted. Can only make the last weekend of the Tour as well again this year. Not happy. Can anyone think of good excuse to take a few decent kids to Giro or Tour on the premise of a school trip (remembering I teach Science not PE or Geography)? Any other suggestions other than get a new job?
Tie this in... http://www.analyticcycling.com/ :rolleyes:

Flew into Munich todaz enroute to Brunico for the Plan de Corones stage... reading the sports pages in Germany there is pictures of Ullrich everywhere... Germany are in love with him again...... Rolf Aldag and Tony Rominger were interviewed in Tz and have both touted him to win the Tour with the sports page title "How good is he really ?"..... the pressure..... ok off to get some beer and potatos dipped in a bucketload of sauerkraut..... :)

alibat said:
I am sooooo jealous WBT. Sometimes my job is such a pain. Us teachers might get a long summer break but it never ties in well with the racing. I would swap some of those weeks for being able to take time when I wanted. Can only make the last weekend of the Tour as well again this year. Not happy. Can anyone think of good excuse to take a few decent kids to Giro or Tour on the premise of a school trip (remembering I teach Science not PE or Geography)? Any other suggestions other than get a new job?
Sounds like you will have to play hooky.

Start now for next year. Tell everyone about your Nonno Augusto who lives in Northern Italy and how his health is failing him and how you will have to fly back to Italy to take care of his affairs if he were to pass.... Let's say in May of next year.

Same would apply for Grand-Pere' Jacques, but in July of course.

Your choice.

Bjørn P.Dal said:
What happend WBT, did things work out for you? Shared some hot tea with gibo at the finish?
I don't know what happened with WBT (we mailed eachother on Corones) but what i can tell is that i didn't see anything on Corones except snow and wine....

But i went (after i was in Belgium for stage 1) to Monte Boldone the day before and the day after Corones i was at stage 18. Great scenery, great race!

Virenque said:
Why didn`t you go down to Passo Furcia?
Because i wouldn't have get there in time. The weather condition was really bad (not only the snow but also a stormy cold wind).