We Be Womble, but we don't shift gears.

Anthony Sloan wrote:
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/Womble.html
>
> Good fun. The Womble is quite singlespeedable. The Ouachita less so. (Good thing we had gears
> that day.)

Nice pics, as usual.

If you want to know what a Womble is (and I guess it's an English thing):
http://www.jediman.free-online.co.uk/childrenstv/Childrens_TV_Index.htm?Wombles/Wombles.htm&1

"Underground, overground, Wombling free, The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.

Making good use of the things that we find, Things that the everyday folks leave behind"

bomba says:

>The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.

Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"

Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......

Stephen Baker wrote:

>>The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.
>

> Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"

Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and Common
that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

> Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......

I loved Bagpuss too :)

> Stephen Baker wrote:
>
> >>The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.
> >

> > Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"
>
> Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and Common
> that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.
>
> > Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......
>
> I loved Bagpuss too :)

Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
it's quite inspiring........

Shaun aRe.........

> bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"
> >
> > Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
> > Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.
> >
> > > Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......
> >
> > I loved Bagpuss too :)
>
> Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
> the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
> it's quite inspiring........
>
> Shaun aRe.........

Too much information!

Cinder Girl wrote:

>>bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>>>Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
>>>Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

>>>I loved Bagpuss too :)
>>
>>Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
>>the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
>>it's quite inspiring........
>>
>> Shaun aRe.........
>>

> Too much information!

Keeps the headboard from banging the wall and waking the neighbours ?-)

Michael Dart wrote:

>"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>Anthony Sloan wrote:

>>>231.4 Miles.
>>>

>>So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?
>>

>Naw them's Arkansas miles, prolly 5-6 days.
>
>Mike

No kidding. None of the roads go where you need them to go. They all go to Cousin Cletus' cabin or
the tire store.... AND the tire store I guess. http://www.anthonysloan.com/OurKansas/ouachitax.jpg A

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Michael Dart wrote:

> >>So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?
> >>

> >Naw them's Arkansas miles, prolly 5-6 days.
> >
> >Mike
> >

> No kidding. None of the roads go where you need them to go. They all go to Cousin Cletus' cabin
> or the tire store.... AND the tire store I guess.
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/OurKansas/ouachitax.jpg A

Heh.."When the directions to your house include the line 'Turn off the paved road'..." ;^)

Mike

Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
> > > Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

> > > I loved Bagpuss too :)
> >
> > Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed
> > and the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain
> > moments, it's quite inspiring........
> >
> > Shaun aRe.........
> >

> Too much information!

I didn't give you any - your imagination filled in the blanks ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Cinder Girl wrote:
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed
> >>and the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain
> >>moments, it's quite inspiring........
> >>
> >> Shaun aRe.........
> >>

> > Too much information!
>
> Keeps the headboard from banging the wall and waking the neighbours ?-)

Errrmm, daughter, actually. Also, I don't much fancy having to re-plaster that
wall................over and over........

Shaun aRe