We Be Womble, but we don't shift gears.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Womble.html
    >
    > Good fun. The Womble is quite singlespeedable. The Ouachita less so. (Good thing we had gears
    > that day.)

    Nice pics, as usual.

    If you want to know what a Womble is (and I guess it's an English thing):
    http://www.jediman.free-online.co.uk/childrenstv/Childrens_TV_Index.htm?Wombles/Wombles.htm&1

    "Underground, overground, Wombling free, The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.

    Making good use of the things that we find, Things that the everyday folks leave behind"

  3. bomba says:

    >The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.

    Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"

    Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    >>The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.
    >

    > Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"

    Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and Common
    that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

    > Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......

    I loved Bagpuss too :)

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Stephen Baker wrote:
    >
    > >>The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we.
    > >

    > > Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"
    >
    > Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and Common
    > that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.
    >
    > > Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......
    >
    > I loved Bagpuss too :)

    Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
    the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
    it's quite inspiring........

    Shaun aRe.........

  8. "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/Womble.html
    >
    > Good fun. The Womble is quite singlespeedable. The Ouachita less so. (Good thing we had gears
    > that day.)

    I have a couple helmetcam videos (and pictures too) of this same trail, and you may be able to
    recognize some of Anthony's pictures in the video.

    www.mtbrvideos.com

    Too much fun.

    --Andrew

  9. John G

    John G Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >> Anthony Sloan wrote:
    >>> http://www.anthonysloan.com/Womble.html
    >> Arkansas eh? How far is this from Memphis, TN?-)
    > 231.4 Miles.

    So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?

  10. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > Make that "The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"
    > >
    > > Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
    > > Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.
    > >
    > > > Steve my kids preferred BagPuss, however......
    > >
    > > I loved Bagpuss too :)
    >
    > Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
    > the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
    > it's quite inspiring........
    >
    > Shaun aRe.........

    Too much information!

  11. John G

    John G Guest

    Cinder Girl wrote:

    >>bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >>>Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
    >>>Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

    >>>I loved Bagpuss too :)
    >>
    >>Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed and
    >>the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain moments,
    >>it's quite inspiring........
    >>
    >> Shaun aRe.........
    >>

    > Too much information!

    Keeps the headboard from banging the wall and waking the neighbours ?-)

  12. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    John G wrote:

    >>> Arkansas eh? How far is this from Memphis, TN?-)
    >>
    >> 231.4 Miles.
    >

    > So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?

    About 2 if you live in Germany :)

  14. Michael Dart wrote:

    >"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Anthony Sloan wrote:

    >>>231.4 Miles.
    >>>

    >>So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?
    >>

    >Naw them's Arkansas miles, prolly 5-6 days.
    >
    >Mike

    No kidding. None of the roads go where you need them to go. They all go to Cousin Cletus' cabin or
    the tire store.... AND the tire store I guess. http://www.anthonysloan.com/OurKansas/ouachitax.jpg A

  15. John G

    John G Guest

    Anthony Sloan wrote:
    > No kidding. None of the roads go where you need them to go. They all go to Cousin Cletus' cabin or
    > the tire store.... AND the tire store I guess. http://www.anthonysloan.com/OurKansas/ouachitax.jpg

    Guess I'll need to keep the Interco TrXus 31's on the XTerra then, eh?-)

  16. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Michael Dart wrote:

    > >>So, only about 5-6 hours then, eh?
    > >>

    > >Naw them's Arkansas miles, prolly 5-6 days.
    > >
    > >Mike
    > >

    > No kidding. None of the roads go where you need them to go. They all go to Cousin Cletus' cabin
    > or the tire store.... AND the tire store I guess.
    > http://www.anthonysloan.com/OurKansas/ouachitax.jpg A

    Heh.."When the directions to your house include the line 'Turn off the paved road'..." ;^)

    Mike

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > Oh yeah, that had never occurred to me. Must have been the long pause between Wimbledon and
    > > > Common that I ingested as a child, but put that down as a D'oh! moment.

    > > > I loved Bagpuss too :)
    > >
    > > Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed
    > > and the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain
    > > moments, it's quite inspiring........
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe.........
    > >

    > Too much information!

    I didn't give you any - your imagination filled in the blanks ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Cinder Girl wrote:
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > >>Kath and I have Bagpuss' body stuffed down between the centre of the headboard of the new bed
    > >>and the wall, with his big pink and white head peering over the top of it. Truly, at certain
    > >>moments, it's quite inspiring........
    > >>
    > >> Shaun aRe.........
    > >>

    > > Too much information!
    >
    > Keeps the headboard from banging the wall and waking the neighbours ?-)

    Errrmm, daughter, actually. Also, I don't much fancy having to re-plaster that
    wall................over and over........

    Shaun aRe