We got white stuff; I miss the UK

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jtaylor, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Jtaylor

    Jtaylor Guest

    60-90kmh winds, 50cm of snow, all the schools are cancelled, snowplows aren't allowed out yet as
    they cannot see.

    Boo.

    Tags:

  2. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    "jtaylor" <[email protected]> writes:

    >60-90kmh winds, 50cm of snow, all the schools are cancelled, snowplows aren't allowed out yet as
    >they cannot see.

    I just bought new skitouring boots, I could do with some white stuff!

    (to make this cycling related: I did cycle to the shop where I was supposed to pick them up :)

    Roos

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "jtaylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > 60-90kmh winds, 50cm of snow, all the schools are cancelled, snowplows aren't allowed out yet as
    > they cannot see.

    I remember the whiteouts of Ontario and the mega cold of Manitoba where are you?
    --
    Regards, Pete

  4. jtaylor wrote:

    > 60-90kmh winds, 50cm of snow, all the schools are cancelled, snowplows aren't allowed out yet as
    > they cannot see.

    In the 1980s that was cocaine dropped by the nouveau riche Billericay boys ;-)

  5. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "jtaylor" <[email protected]> wrote in news:%h3Zb.4343
    [email protected]:

    > 60-90kmh winds, 50cm of snow, all the schools are cancelled, snowplows aren't allowed out yet as
    > they cannot see.

    Other extreme here, same sentiment though :-/ The schools are also closed because the power company
    don't have the generating capacity to run all the air conditioning units and have told people to
    turn them off. Schools, some shops, businesses and government building seem to be about the only
    ones who have complied.

    Graeme

  6. Jtaylor

    Jtaylor Guest